Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Charlton 2-0 Leicester 01/02

Just watching Premiership years, and Junior Lewis was sent off. I didn't hear the commentator say why, but before the referee showed him the red card, there was a clip where Lewis headed the ball back to Walker.

... what was he sent off for?

I remember saying exactly the same thing at the time, no one saw anything un toward, even JL had no idea and was too shocked to ask ! remember Charlton fans spitting the dummy and throwing junk mail all over the pitch for some reason, have disliked them ever since !

I remember saying exactly the same thing at the time, no one saw anything un toward, even JL had no idea and was too shocked to ask ! remember Charlton fans spitting the dummy and throwing junk mail all over the pitch for some reason, have disliked them ever since !

From what I can remember, all Lewis did was to head the ball back to the keeper under pressure from Johansson (their striker) - there was certainly nothing to warrant even a foul.

The ref was eager to level things up after sending their player off earier on (being taking off on a stretcher as mentioned riled the 'vociferous' home support).

The Charlton sending off was blatant, but they thought that it should have been treated the same way Roger Milford treated Gazza in the '91 Cup Final, from what I remember of 606 afterwards.

Steve Brown was sent off on a stretcher for a brutal tackle the Charlton fans started using merchandise brochures as frisbees, superb.

Junior Lewis, who was playing at centre half that day, was having a decent game :blink::unsure: and then knocked the ball back to Walker in a bit of a tangle with opposition forward. As stated the ref evened it up with one of the worst sendings off in history.

There was plenty of in-house aggro that day as there were still plenty who wanted to give Taylor time and tried to shout down the "F'ck off Taylor" chants. You know the type they were the ones pleading for Rob Kelly to given more time lol Know nothings :thumbup:

Just watching Premiership years, and Junior Lewis was sent off. I didn't hear the commentator say why, but before the referee showed him the red card, there was a clip where Lewis headed the ball back to Walker.

... what was he sent off for?

i think he was sent off to give us a reasonable chance ; the ref felt sorry for us :whistle:

"when sports stars see red " - typical Sky Two tat - except I didn't realise Levein had that story in his locker.

Back to the topic though - I thought it was Sturridge who was reading the programmes at the Charlton game. Good result for us really - it got Taylor out at least !

Archived