Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Most Overated Bands

Guest Daniel
Which bands do you think are so overated?

Green Day

Franz Ferdinand

Razorlight

Keane

Thirteen Senses

Athlete

The Zutons

Maroon 5

Kasabian

64053[/snapback]

Athlete & Kasabain definatly.

Franz Ferdinand

The Zutons

Kasabian

64053[/snapback]

:o

if your talking bands of the last few (4-5) years then stereophonics by a mile

but also:

the strokes

the thrills

good charlotte (and all that kind of dross)

of all time? oasis

Oasis? Overated?

Never, one of the best bands on the planet, ever.

64057[/snapback]

not if you've already heard the beatles. and they constantly threatened to move on musically but alway fell back into the same old thing. don't get me wrong i was there in 1994 buying definatly maybe the day it came out i loved them but 4 albums on they've not changed.

just MY opinion of course.

Oasis? Overated?

64057[/snapback]

not if you've already heard the beatles. and they constantly threatened to move on musically but alway fell back into the same old thing. don't get me wrong i was there in 1994 buying definatly maybe the day it came out i loved them but 4 albums on they've not changed.

64060[/snapback]

Come on, obviously I wasn't around for the Beatles but I've heard a bit of them but they are nothing compared to Oasis imo :ermm:

Oasis? Overated?

64057[/snapback]

64060[/snapback]

Come on, obviously I wasn't around for the Beatles but I've heard a bit of them but they are nothing compared to Oasis imo :ermm:

64064[/snapback]

cheeky!!!!!! i wasn't 'around for the beatles' if you listen to any oasis track you can trace it in a direct line to a beatles track or tracks, except when they've ripped off gary glitter or the coke advert

apologies if your being ironic :blink:

Green Day

Franz Ferdinand

Razorlight

Keane

Thirteen Senses

Athlete

The Zutons

Maroon 5

Kasabian

64053[/snapback]

Not Green Day, granted I dont like their new stuff as much as the dookie/nimrod era but I still think they're awesome. Most overrated. Hmm Keane possibly... Franz Ferdinand I just plain dont like. I think Oasis were a bit overrated- great singles but too many album 'fillers' for me. Blur would maybe be quite overrated for me too.

Oasis? Overated?

64057[/snapback]

64060[/snapback]

64064[/snapback]

Haha, very witty young lad!... Oasis basically copied Beatles, the intro alone of 'Don't look back in anger' is an exact rip-off from Beatles. Granted, 'Wonderwall' and a few other songs were very good, but they don't come within a sniff of Beatles, simply because they weren't as talented and because without the Beatles, Oasis wouldn't have existed :huh::wave:

other overrated bands:

Creed

Deftones

The Cardigans

U2 !!!!!!! :angry:

etc....

Green Day are overated now. I dont understand why they are suddenly being hyped up to the max after they release their worst album. Yet when they were actually good, they get hardly any "airplay". They've always been pretty big though, but it's getting ridiculous now, i'm sick of hearing them on Radio every few hours.

Green Day are overated now. I dont understand why they are suddenly being hyped up to the max after they release their worst album. Yet when they were actually good, they get hardly any "airplay". They've always been pretty big though, but it's getting ridiculous now, i'm sick of hearing them on Radio every few hours.

64072[/snapback]

exactly the same happened to rem, aerosmith etc they get an underground following then the american way seems to be hype them to the max go all mainstreem go all crap

Oasis? Overated?

64057[/snapback]

64060[/snapback]

64064[/snapback]

Haha, very witty young lad!... Oasis basically copied Beatles, the intro alone of 'Don't look back in anger' is an exact rip-off from Beatles. Granted, 'Wonderwall' and a few other songs were very good, but they don't come within a sniff of Beatles, simply because they weren't as talented and because without the Beatles, Oasis wouldn't have existed :huh::wave:

other overrated bands:

Creed

Deftones

The Cardigans

etc....

64071[/snapback]

Showing your age :P:P:P:Plol:ph34r:

64072[/snapback]

Most radio stations are a total disgrace anyway...They've sold out and play just about all the songs from the MTV hitlist all day long. That's how it is here and in Belgium, and I can't imagine it's any different in the UK.

Oasis? Overated?

64057[/snapback]

64060[/snapback]

64064[/snapback]

other overrated bands:

Creed

Deftones

The Cardigans

etc....

64071[/snapback]

64076[/snapback]

:huh: I'm not that old... Beatles were before my time as well, but I've had a decent music education. Besides Beatles are still aired now and again...there's no way you can stop one of the biggest bands in history even today :thumbup:

Oasis? Overated?

64057[/snapback]

64060[/snapback]

64064[/snapback]

other overrated bands:

Creed

Deftones

The Cardigans

etc....

64071[/snapback]

64076[/snapback]

:huh: I'm not that old... Beatles were before my time as well, but I've had a decent music education. Besides Beatles are still aired now and again...there's no way you can stop one of the biggest bands in history even today :thumbup:

64079[/snapback]

Same here with Oasis :P:thumbup:

Coldplay are quite good actually... they were/are original and aren't overhyped and primadonnas like Bono & Co. who have the audacity to call themselves 'the greatest rockband in the world' PAH! :mad:

Coldplay are quite good actually... they were/are original and aren't overhyped and primadonnas like Bono & Co. who have the audacity to call themselves 'the greatest rockband in the world' PAH! :mad:

64119[/snapback]

The Scientist is a classic song, just the only Coldplay song i can listen though.

64119[/snapback]

The Scientist is a classic song, just the only Coldplay song i can listen though.

64121[/snapback]

I liked Clocks a lot before it got aired everywhere, then it just became a pain..

God put a smile upon my face and Trouble are also great songs IMO...

Archived