Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Most Overated Bands

U2 & Blur

64131[/snapback]

Blur are quality.

64133[/snapback]

About as good as Busted ;)

64138[/snapback]

lol nice one

never rated Blur myself, but I don't know them well enough to say if they were overrated or not..

Queen are th emost over rated band of all time. Freddy can sing but people seem to ignore that all their songs sound absaloutely horrible and that they are about perceisly nothing. I can accept they are a good pop band but people seeing them as pop geniuses is just ridiculous.

Other really average bands soemtimes called great...

Oasis (not an original idea in their heads)

U2 (Boring songs)

The Doors (one good pop song the rest aload of pretentious bollocks)

Guns N Roses (antithesis of what music shoudl be in my opinion- a parody)

Bon Jovi (I am not sure they are that rated)

Led Zepplin (I used to really love them but then when I got into the blues I realised they were a shallow substitute)

Queen are th emost over rated band of all time. Freddy can sing but people seem to ignore that all their songs sound absaloutely horrible and that they are about perceisly nothing. I can accept they are a good pop band but people seeing them as pop geniuses is just ridiculous.

Other really average bands soemtimes called great...

Oasis (not an original idea in their heads)

U2 (Boring songs)

The Doors (one good pop song the rest aload of pretentious bollocks)

Guns N Roses (antithesis of what music shoudl be in my opinion- a parody)

Bon Jovi (I am not sure they are that rated)

Led Zepplin (I used to really love them but then when I got into the blues I realised they were a shallow substitute)

64182[/snapback]

Wooah there... you're knocking quite a few big names...I'll let you have Queen, as I can't really argue against you there, but Led Zeppelin? Their music was excellent, Page's guitar and Plant's singing was pure class. IMO they were groundbreaking... and to be fair I thought a lot of their blues was class, and they provided the music scene with a great link between Rock and Blues. Very few rock bands pay homage to the Blues these days, and there's no denying the Blues are at the roots of Rock. You seem sound though, and it must've have been some shock you witnessed since you used to love them... but if you knock Pink Floyd, I'll stop taking you seriously and might consider killing you :D:ph34r:;)

You would NEVER find me knocking the Floyd, although Darkside is not their best album and is a tad over rated, I think The Wall is a whole lot better.

As for the big names, they wouldn't be over rated if they weren't big names though would they?

1) You would NEVER find me knocking the Floyd, although Darkside is not their best album and is a tad over rated, I think The Wall is a whole lot better.

2) As for the big names, they wouldn't be over rated if they weren't big names though would they?

64191[/snapback]

1) The concept and lyrics of The Wall is indeed superior, but DSotM was a benchmark and a musical masterpiece which not even The Wall can best IMO

2) Well duh, but comparing to the other groups named in this thread, these are 'supergroups' that's why I was a bit surprised ;)

Agree with U2, only 2 of their songs I like (Beautiful day and Vertigo) Kasabians albumn wasnt as good as I thought it would be, pretty average.

64203[/snapback]

The last song by U2 I liked was Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me... and before that song you'd have to go all the way back to the Achtung Baby!/Joshua Tree days :ermm: in other words...a good 20 years <_<

I would say Franz Ferdinand, the strokes and Jet are/were overated. Of all time I would mention Queen and the Cure, can't stand their music, really irritates me about the level a Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan song would.

Oasis ripped off a coke advert?

64145[/snapback]

shakermaker = the new seekers' 'i'd like to teach the world to sing'

'i'd like to be somebody else and not know where i've been

i'd like to build myself a house......out of plasticine'

if anyone reckons led zep are overrated then listen to 'travelling riverside blues' its the best blues song since whenever

Oasis ripped off a coke advert?

64145[/snapback]

shakermaker = the new seekers' 'i'd like to teach the world to sing'

'i'd like to be somebody else and not know where i've been

i'd like to build myself a house......out of plasticine'

if anyone reckons led zep are overrated then listen to 'travelling riverside blues' its the best blues song since whenever

64271[/snapback]

'I'd like to teach the world to sing.....'

I would say Franz Ferdinand, the strokes and Jet are/were overated. Of all time I would mention Queen and the Cure, can't stand their music, really irritates me about the level a Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan song would.

64268[/snapback]

Disagree, Jet are class.

This thread is just a "what band don't you like" rather than overrated. LOgically any 'big' commercially successful band can be 'overrated' if you don't like their music (ie in Pets case Kasabian, Razorlight etc).

Basically Pet doesn't like anything that is commercially successful regardless of genre which is fair enough, each to his own.

But Kasabian & Razorlight in general weren't getting great reviews by the majority of mags, their albums were generally agreed to be good debuts with a lot to prove. Franz Ferdinand made indie danceable again which is no bad thing and did get highly rated because it was a different slant on the music scene at that time.

Overrated IMO are Pink Floyd (prog rock gubbins), Queen were a great pop-rock band but thought they were better than they were, The Darkness are just shite but the most over rated/hyped band of recent years are The Libertines, closely followed by Babyshambles. If Doherty farts its NME front page news.

Archived