Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stez

sgt. peppers lonely hearts club band

sgt peppers album of the 60's?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. yay or nay?

• yay!
    • nay!
    • no, it's pet sounds!

i watched the programme on bbc2 last night where other bands did some of the stand out tracks from the album here i was disappointed non of the bands put a different spin on the tracks but i enjoyed travis' 'lovely rita' and (shocking for me!) the stereophonics' 'sgt peppers lonely hearts club band (reprise)'

i've heard a lot this week about it being the album of the 60's but i'm not so sure, i like pet sounds, are you experienced and electric ladyland more and the white album is better in my opinion.

Oh and while were on the subject of music programmes on the tele, there's a couple on tonight that could be well worth watching.

Arena: Bob Marley - Exodus '77

10:00pm - 11:30pm - BBC2

Documenting influential reggae artist Bob Marley's relocation to London from Jamaica in 1977. The programme examines the lasting global influence of the singer's music and ideals and looks at how the city helped inspire him to write Exodus, one of his most important albums

And tape the other..

Making the Monkees

10:00pm - 11:05pm - C4

The story of the cult pop group, who are credited as being the first manufactured band in history and became massively successful worldwide in 1967. Behind the scenes was a multi-million dollar business enterprise fuelled by money, ego and ruthless ambition that produced instant success, but ultimately resulted in failure

Oh and while were on the subject of music programmes on the tele, there's a couple on tonight that could be well worth watching.

Arena: Bob Marley - Exodus '77

10:00pm - 11:30pm - BBC2

Documenting influential reggae artist Bob Marley's relocation to London from Jamaica in 1977. The programme examines the lasting global influence of the singer's music and ideals and looks at how the city helped inspire him to write Exodus, one of his most important albums

Well that was excellent. :worship:

i've heard a lot this week about it being the album of the 60's but i'm not so sure, i like pet sounds, are you experienced and electric ladyland more and the white album is better in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of what The Beatles did, but I find them terribly overrated. Jagger/Richards were as good, if not better, than Lennon/McCartney, but you tend to get slated for holding that opinion.

My dad would agree about Pet Sounds. :thumbup:

pet sounds is the greatest POP album, hands down - sgt peppers is not even in my top 5 beatles albums, it's a bloody mess, ever listened to it on headphones, amateurs - and SMiLE would have made it look even more like a pile of crap:

also worth consideration:

kinks - village green preservation act

simon and garfunkle - bookends

the free design - one by one

phil spector - xmas album/ronettes first album

oh, there are loads, you know...

I hate the Beatles with a passion. Their music is too 'nice' for me.

Rolling Stones are the nuts. Beggers Banquet is the album of the 60s or Jimi's Are You Experienced or Velvet Underground ..... I could go on

Archived