Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Villa

Oadby / Quorn Idle/Useless Gossip

Could anybody tell me the point in us playing the likes of Oadby and Quorn? What excatly will our players get from this? surely we should be looking at playing atleast league 2 teams in our pre-season? :dunno:

Match fitness! and we will be playing those league 2 teams but you need to build up to that level, why do you even ask do you think you know better than Allen?

Match fitness! and we will be playing those league 2 teams but you need to build up to that level, why do you even ask do you think you know better than Allen?

I needed to ask because I didnt know the answer :thumbup: and no I don't know better than Allen

I repeat, can anyone recall if he has ever scored two goals for us.

If so when?

Is that two goals in total or two in one game??

I repeat, Is that two goals in total or two in one game??

Could anybody tell me the point in us playing the likes of Oadby and Quorn? What excatly will our players get from this? surely we should be looking at playing atleast league 2 teams in our pre-season? :dunno:

Saturday, July 14 V Oadby FC (a) 1pm

Saturday, July 14 v Quorn FC (a) 3pm

Tuesday, July 17 v Hinckley United (a) 7:30pm

Friday, July 20 v Mansfield Town (a) 7:00pm

Saturday, July 21 v Notts County (h) 3:00pm

Tuesday, July 24 v Partick Thistle (a) 7:45pm

Saturday, July 28 v Kilmarnock (a) 3:00pm

Tuesday, July 31v Cheltenham Town (a) 7:45pm

Saturday, August 4 v Portsmouth (h) 3:00pm

Monday, August 6 v Cambridge United (a) 7:45pm

Match Fitness, notice how the games are getting harder as they go down. Ow yes Tevez i will be there with you n your Megaphone.

Match Fitness, notice how the games are getting harder as they go down. Ow yes Tevez i will be there with you n your Megaphone.

yeah see your point, thanks

Christ am I the only person who lives in Quorn on here??

Basically just go down the A6 from Leicester passing turnings to syston, Mountsorrel, Rothley and Sileby. then turn off at Quorn which is a tight left hander taking you to a rounderbout go right at it down a road called Farley way then keep going ignoring all the turnings on the left (where I live) and its right, just before the traffic lights. Could be hard to park due to a very small car park but if you pull into the estate opposite there should be space.

Simple, IniT!!

Yep defo getting harder...the mighty Cambridge United after Portsmouth! :whistle::D

From OS

Leicester City face an exciting double header of pre-season friendlies on Saturday, July 14.

The Foxes squad will be split in two for the day - with games against local sides Oadby Town (Topps Park, 1pm) and Quorn FC (Farley Way, 3pm).

Both matches look to be well attended as supporters get their first chance to see Martin Allen's new-look City squad in action.

He said: "I am looking forward to going to the games and seeing everyone play. We have got two teams and "The senior players will probably play for longer than the young kids, but we are going to get everybody there. It should be a good day." Fans can gain entry to the Oadby friendly for £5 adults, £2.50 senior citizens and just £1 for 12-16 year olds. Under 12s can gain entry to the ground free of charge on the day. Parking is available at Parklands Leisure Centre and on the nearby industrial estate.

Meanwhile, supporters wishing to attend the Quorn fixture can gain entry at Farley Way for just £6 adults and £4 concessions (under 16s and senior citizens). Parking is available at the ground, with an overflow field available should it be required.

Decided not to bother with either of these. Looking forward to extensive reports as my hangover reading on Sunday morning though. :thumbup:

Yeah im stuck in Essex so im looking forward to some in depth minute by minute blow by blow accounts and FMesque ratings out of 10.

Im looking at Thracian here to be honest.

Archived