Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Villa

Oadby / Quorn Idle/Useless Gossip

If people start coming on this forum raving about how well Hammond played, i'm going to get really pissed off!

He should play well because he's playing for his career. He needs to impress Allen and any visiting scouts.

He should play well because he's playing for his career. He needs to impress Allen and any visiting scouts.

true but tbh they should all be playing well as apparently they are higher level players so playing teams like oadby and quorn shouldnt be too much trouble for them!

Yeah i was at Oadby was a crap game really.

Players that impressed:-

Jonny Hayes

Matt Fryatt

Lee Cox

Max Gradel

Quite good players:-

Ian Hume

Alan Maybury

Crap players:-

Stephen Hughes

LCFC 1 - 0 Oadby Town

Hume 45'

Henderson - 6 - Had nothing to do

Cox - 7 - Looked good going forward, good tackler

Kenton - 6 - Fine. but quiet

Maybury - 6 - Made a couple of good tackles

Beswick - 5 - Didnt see much of him

Gradel - 7 - looked good running at players poor finishing though

Hughes - 5 - Looked a bit lazy bad passes

Hellings - 5 - Very quiet was expecting a bit more

Porter - 5 - Again didnt see much of him

Fryatt - 7 - Looked sharp had a good shot saved

Hume - 6 - Didnt really stand out but was the goalscorer

Hayes - 7 - Looked very quick and good passer, good runner

I hope the Quorn game is better for anyone who is going

im totally shocked by that statement. How can you say Hughes is a crap player... its not like the Hughes that i know.....

:whistle:

Whats the scores George Doors?

Thats pretty p••• poor they beat Oadby by 1 goal :blink:

Not really, at least we won, and with two totally different sides each half a 1 goal win is fine by me.

Not really expecting much for the first few pre season games anyway.

Just got back from Quorn, 2-0 to City with Hammond and Odhiambo (pen) scoring. None of the players shone and in the second half Allen tried many youngsters including trialist Morfaw who seemed to played in the midfield :unsure:

First 60 mins:

Nielsen 5 - Nothing to do but flapped at a corner

Chambers 7 - Solid in defense and supported attacks

N'Gotty 7 - Forwards didn't trouble him, looked fit and hungry

Stearman 6 - Solid

Mattock 6 - Ventured forward a lot, few stray passes

Newton 5 - Didn't provide very much quality crosses

Weso 6 - Hard tackling and confident passing, would be nice to see him have a shot or two

Kish 6 - See Weso

Sheehan 6 - Had a great shot just over and a few nice crosses, like Mattock a few poor passes

Hammond 5 - Pace was always going to cause problems for a non-league part-time defence but he missed a sitter

De Vries 5 - Quiet, certainly slimmed down but still can't header the ball

Cort came on at half time and hit the post and had a goal disallowed, unsurprisingly he didn't get stuck into any challenges which is understandable. Ashley Chambers caused allsorts of problems but wasted an excellent chance, Odhiambo looked alright and was confident from the spot. Morfaw stroked the ball around nicely.

Just back from Quorn,we won 2-0. I'm not going to give marks for the players because TBH I didn't recognise half of them.

In the first half DeVries and Hammond started up front, and all those who think we should give them a second chance should think again.

Hammond headed the first one in after a bit of a goal mouth scramble, but missed 2 easier chances.

Cort came on in the second half and hit the post with his second touch, he had a goal disallowed when he was clearly offside, don't think he won a header all match.

The second was a penalty after a hand ball, don't know who scored it ,a black lad number 21.

The only player who impressed me has Ashley Chambers in the second half, lots of effort, pace and not a little skill, will probably make it to the first team next year.

Oadby:

Well with Allen saying new players will feathure in both, i thought 5 or so in each game then... how i was wrong.

First half was dominated by us, a few lapses here and there but on the whole no major dissapointment within the play...Apart from Hughes!

Hughes was dreadfull, he looked nakered after 5 minutes and didn't seem to know what he should be doing, always being dispossesed off the ball (as usual!... but this was Oadby Town...) And not being able to make a pass, i remember him making 1 pass throughout the time he was on the pitch that made it to the man, there couldn't of been much more than 3/4 by him.

Hume and Fryatt linked up well at parts, hume seeming to play more out wide.

Best player of half Sergio Hellings.

What a suprise Hellings was, although it was a hard game to judge players, 'serg' shined in that half for me, he is a demanding, tall, strong midfielder, also very good in the air. (Looking at pics of him when signed, you wouldn't think that) and good with his feet, making numerous tremendous through balls.

Maybury - Didn't want to be playing. Get rid!

Kenton - Not bad, hard to judge as Oadby didn't have many attacks

Hughes - already mentioned....Shit!

Second Half started with 1 change, Hayes on for Porter (Injury perhaps?)

Hayes looked impressive, making some good runs throughout the game, although easily knocked off the ball sometimes.

Fryatt and Hume linked up superbly in about the 50th minute with an exellent peice of skill in the end by Fryatt, in which he should of scored but the keeper saved. (keeper played well after a few minor mistakes)

Allen then made significant changes and brought on the youth team.

It was a breath of fresh air watching the youth team. They rung rings round Oadby, with chances after chances begging to be scored, but it wasnt meant to be.

The youth team was skillful, confident, played as a team and...well....GOOD!

Big futures for many of them!

Score: 0-1

Scorer: Hume

Attendance: 895

Yeah i was at Oadby was a crap game really.

Players that impressed:-

Jonny Hayes

Matt Fryatt

Lee Cox

Max Gradel

Quite good players:-

Ian Hume

Alan Maybury

Crap players:-

Stephen Hughes

LCFC 1 - 0 Oadby Town

Hume 45'

Henderson - 6 - Had nothing to do

Cox - 7 - Looked good going forward, good tackler

Kenton - 6 - Fine. but quiet

Maybury - 6 - Made a couple of good tackles

Beswick - 5 - Didnt see much of him

Gradel - 7 - looked good running at players poor finishing though

Hughes - 5 - Looked a bit lazy bad passes

Hellings - 5 - Very quiet was expecting a bit more

Porter - 5 - Again didnt see much of him

Fryatt - 7 - Looked sharp had a good shot saved

Hume - 6 - Didnt really stand out but was the goalscorer

Hayes - 7 - Looked very quick and good passer, good runner

I hope the Quorn game is better for anyone who is going

You might not have seen much of Porter but he started the move, continued by Beswick which created Hume's goal.

He also did lots of useful supplementary in mainly central midfield.

Seven seemed generous for Fryatt. He had the one shot he should have done better with and while mobile enough and contributing a touch or two here and there he rarely looked genuinely threatening.

Billy McKay had a far better shot with a rasping left-foot volley which the Oadby goalkeeper did well to stop.

Gradel was our man of the match. Almost every time he got the ball he did something telling, either by taking people on or picking out a deft pass.

Cox looked a genuine right back prospect for the future and Hayes was his usual energetic self while typically failing to deliver the final ball.

You might not have seen much of Porter but he started the move, continued by Beswick which created Hume's goal.

He also did lots of useful supplementary in mainly central midfield.

Seven seemed generous for Fryatt. He had the one shot he should have done better with and while mobile enough and contributing a touch or two here and there he rarely looked genuinely threatening.

Billy McKay had a far better shot with a rasping left-foot volley which the Oadby goalkeeper did well to stop.

Gradel was our man of the match. Almost every time he got the ball he did something telling, either by taking people on or picking out a deft pass.

Cox looked a genuine right back prospect for the future and Hayes was his usual energetic self while typically failing to deliver the final ball.

How would you and the rest of us know that he is usually like that?

Oadby:

Well with Allen saying new players will feathure in both, i thought 5 or so in each game then... how i was wrong.

First half was dominated by us, a few lapses here and there but on the whole no major dissapointment within the play...Apart from Hughes!

Hughes was dreadfull, he looked nakered after 5 minutes and didn't seem to know what he should be doing, always being dispossesed off the ball (as usual!... but this was Oadby Town...) And not being able to make a pass, i remember him making 1 pass throughout the time he was on the pitch that made it to the man, there couldn't of been much more than 3/4 by him.

Hume and Fryatt linked up well at parts, hume seeming to play more out wide.

Best player of half Sergio Hellings.

What a suprise Hellings was, although it was a hard game to judge players, 'serg' shined in that half for me, he is a demanding, tall, strong midfielder, also very good in the air. (Looking at pics of him when signed, you wouldn't think that) and good with his feet, making numerous tremendous through balls.

Maybury - Didn't want to be playing. Get rid!

Kenton - Not bad, hard to judge as Oadby didn't have many attacks

Hughes - already mentioned....Shit!

Second Half started with 1 change, Hayes on for Porter (Injury perhaps?)

Hayes looked impressive, making some good runs throughout the game, although easily knocked off the ball sometimes.

Fryatt and Hume linked up superbly in about the 50th minute with an exellent peice of skill in the end by Fryatt, in which he should of scored but the keeper saved. (keeper played well after a few minor mistakes)

Allen then made significant changes and brought on the youth team.

It was a breath of fresh air watching the youth team. They rung rings round Oadby, with chances after chances begging to be scored, but it wasnt meant to be.

The youth team was skillful, confident, played as a team and...well....GOOD!

Big futures for many of them!

Score: 0-1

Scorer: Hume

Attendance: 895

well i wouldnt be so sure... looked to me like he had a nice shiny forehead just begging to have a ball hit against...

Archived