Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

A Plea

Now, obviously there is new optimism with a new season, new manager, new team and new money, so great things are expected, and everybody, myself included, is really excited by the start of the season.

I genuinely think we have a squad of players capable of reaching the play offs. However, that is dependent upon the fans really getting behind the team from day 1, and keeping up our vociferous support through the hard times and the good this season. We, as supporters, have the ability to raise our players' games. Last season, I was at Birmingham at home, and Preston and Barnsley away at the end of the season, and for 2 and a half games, the fans carried the team, enforcing a resolve in them which saw us safe. The atmosphere at those games was like nothing I've experienced for ages with Leicester (I missed Fulham in the cup away - that sounded immense).

We've got to strive to keep the same wall of noise coming from the Walkers as there was at the Birmingham game and from the travelling fans at the Preston and Barnsley matches. My mate's a Preston STH, and he said we were the loudest fans he'd heard for a couple of years.

With better players this year, the effect could be just as important. Instead of keeping us up, we can drive our team into the play offs. So from day one, let's all get behind the team, and keep it up all year. We can't just wait for desperate times to get behind the team, let's really support them and get a party atmosphere at every City game this season!

Now, obviously there is new optimism with a new season, new manager, new team and new money, so great things are expected, and everybody, myself included, is really excited by the start of the season.

I genuinely think we have a squad of players capable of reaching the play offs. However, that is dependent upon the fans really getting behind the team from day 1, and keeping up our vociferous support through the hard times and the good this season. We, as supporters, have the ability to raise our players' games. Last season, I was at Birmingham at home, and Preston and Barnsley away at the end of the season, and for 2 and a half games, the fans carried the team, enforcing a resolve in them which saw us safe. The atmosphere at those games was like nothing I've experienced for ages with Leicester (I missed Fulham in the cup away - that sounded immense).

We've got to strive to keep the same wall of noise coming from the Walkers as there was at the Birmingham game and from the travelling fans at the Preston and Barnsley matches. My mate's a Preston STH, and he said we were the loudest fans he'd heard for a couple of years.

With better players this year, the effect could be just as important. Instead of keeping us up, we can drive our team into the play offs. So from day one, let's all get behind the team, and keep it up all year. We can't just wait for desperate times to get behind the team, let's really support them and get a party atmosphere at every City game this season!

Agreed :thumbup:

yes come on everyone lets get behind them every game,i personally think that L1 should be standing only and the kop should be moved to where the family stand is this would give a much better atmosphere surley

well said, I firmily believe we will be as loud as Preston and Barnsley at many of the away games as people seem to congragate at the back and make a good old raquet, I'd expect the same at palace and certainly many of the away games next term. I also think that if the team are performing the atmosphere at the walkers willimprove greatly. I for one am expecting a loud build up for the blackpool game and a warm welcome for MA if the training night on monday was anything to go by.

well said :thumbup:

couldnt have said it better myself pal , we can influence the players performance so from day one lets get behind the players :worship:

Leicester allways create good atmosphere at away games allways have done.

I agree with the statement above about switching the family stand and the kop around.

Also with N&L being the only standing areas in the ground.

The atmosphere at home will start to improve when we start winning and the stadium starts to get full.

yes come on everyone lets get behind them every game,i personally think that L1 should be standing only and the kop should be moved to where the family stand is this would give a much better atmosphere surley

This is NEVER going to happen due to the Leicestershire County Constabulary. :thumbup:

Blimey, seems like we have threads like this at least once a week.

But nevertheless, it's an excellent point well made and it's about fooking time we raised the volume at The Walkers. :scarf:

We love you Leicester, we do...

Why not :(

Policing costs and the extra headache with having the away Fans near the more vocal Kop.

The Club DID want it to happen for the atmosphere but it was a no-no...NEVER HAPPEN!

Another idea was to move the AWAY fans near the Kop,BUt again Policing headache as it meant the away fans having to walk all the way round the stadium hence keeping them behind after games for health and safety issues...(ie No scrapping!)

Policing costs and the extra headache with having the away Fans near the more vocal Kop.

The Club DID want it to happen for the atmosphere but it was a no-no...NEVER HAPPEN!

Another idea was to move the AWAY fans near the Kop,BUt again Policing headache as it meant the away fans having to walk all the way round the stadium hence keeping them behind after games.

Thats stupid with policing cost because there's allways coppers down N & L every game so ........

Thats stupid with policing cost because there's allways coppers down N & L every game so ........

Not EVERY game.

But with the Police, its the difference between a minimal fee to the boys in blue for the likes of say Southend or £40,000 per game ie Leeds Utd.

If they moved the areas around as we've said they will HAVE to have more coppers=more costs :(

Not EVERY game.

But with the Police, its the difference between a minimal fee to the boys in blue for the likes of say Southend or £40,000 per game ie Leeds Utd.

If they moved the areas around as we've said they will HAVE to have more coppers=more costs :(

More coppers at leicester you must be joking ...

We must have every pc plod on duty down there on a saturday

We all know that we need to create an atmosphere. A big effort was made last year to do something with N Block, but it never really took of as we intended due to various things.

I'm sure that with good performances the atmosphere will improve at home, but will be nothing to replicate the atmosphere at Filbert Street.

As has been said, our support away from home is impressive.

This is NEVER going to happen due to the Leicestershire County Constabulary. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

The club look to be really cramping down on standing next year.

We all know that we need to create an atmosphere. A big effort was made last year to do something with N Block, but it never really took of as we intended due to various things.

I'm sure that with good performances the atmosphere will improve at home, but will be nothing to replicate the atmosphere at Filbert Street.

I didn't know you were Japanese. :P

If you ask me the 3/4 seasons ive been in Nblock last season was the best with the standing and singing in there. i hope it carrys on this season (yn)

I didn't know you were Japanese. :P

:clap::D

If you ask me the 3/4 seasons ive been in Nblock last season was the best with the standing and singing in there. i hope it carrys on this season (yn)

NO standing this season...Only loads of singing off you guys!!! :thumbup::whistle:

It was good last season yes,but let;s not forgot Jamie and Micky were kicked out. I'm sure they will be ready to do more of the same next year if the standing continues, even if it's only the two back rows.

its easy saying it we do everytime this topic comes up, i think its more a matter of everyone actually doing it instead of waiting for others to do so

Exactly, we did try and give it a go last year, but just didn't get enough support.

NO standing this season...Only loads of singing off you guys!!! :thumbup::whistle:

It just doesn't go to sit down and chant. The club loved calling for a 12th man last season, but at the same time shot down people who made the effort.

Totally agree, but we also have to drop one long ingrained LCFC fan trait.....

Let's pick on one player & have a go at him whatever he does....... Josh Low, DeVries, Jordan Stewart, etc etc, the list is endless from many seasons - this only makes them perform with no confidence & get worse (clearly visible in Low's case)

CAN WE SUPPORT ALL THE PLAYERS THIS SEASON PLEASE !!!

It was good last season yes,but let;s not forgot Jamie and Micky were kicked out. I'm sure they will be ready to do more of the same next year if the standing continues, even if it's only the two back rows.

Exactly, we did try and give it a go last year, but just didn't get enough support.

It just doesn't go to sit down and chant. The club loved calling for a 12th man last season, but at the same time shot down people who made the effort.

I'm sure Nblock will carry on this season aswell i'll be happy to stand on the back two rows if its just them singing and standing we'll have to see wont we.

yeah ched, fair play to you guys you gave it a real good go, the clun are quick enougth to tell people they wants us as the 12th man but only the majority actually see that they are the ones also wrecking it eg n block

but i know police are just as bad if not worse

the only way we could over power them without anyone being thrown out is if we have whole stands standing by our own choice eg kop at brum

You just gotta go for it and when the heavies or stewards start clamping down,just chill out abit.

At the end of the day,sure the club want a great atmosphere but its just the big wigs I.E Police,Football League who try to enforce the laws.

Im sure if it was upto the club they'd have standing areas at the Walkers...

yeah ched, fair play to you guys you gave it a real good go, the clun are quick enougth to tell people they wants us as the 12th man but only the majority actually see that they are the ones also wrecking it eg n block

but i know police are just as bad if not worse

the only way we could over power them without anyone being thrown out is if we have whole stands standing by our own choice eg kop at brum

Kop at brum do birmingham stand at home :unsure:

Archived