Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Saturday's Ref

Has he been relegated out of the prem?! Lets hope he favours the home side and gives us some penos or else we`ll Bet Lynch him.
He's always in and out of the Prem. I have no idea why the keep reinstating him as he's crap.

The question I want answered is, Andy D'Urso is/was a premiership referee correct? And when Premiership referee makes a mistake they get demoted to the next league down to officiate a game, but why should the teams in the next league down suffer for the referee's mistakes?

The question I want answered is, Andy D'Urso is/was a premiership referee correct? And when Premiership referee makes a mistake they get demoted to the next league down to officiate a game, but why should the teams in the next league down suffer for the referee's mistakes?

The idea is the best teams get the best refs - I mean, you wouldn't have an international-certified ref doing sunday league while a guy who only qualified last week doing premiership games, would you? If you fired refs for making a mistake or two you'd have none left very, very, quickly.

Oh and one of the worst refereeing performance I've seen just about ever has to be Clattenburg, Cardiff vs. Leeds last season - two red cards for double yellows, all four of which shouldn't have been given. A penalty for a blatantly deliberate handball clearance off the line didn't result in a red card, numerous freekicks that were flat out wrong and an incredible degree of bias.

Archived