Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tewkesbury-fox

Leicesters Style Of Play

I havent been up to catch a game yet,what type of football have we been playing ?,i guess its a improvement on RK from last year,MA has reputation of hoofing it up the pitch,has he changed his style since taking over ?I caught the Watford game against the Wolves (long story),but i was impressed the way Watford played,some good football with emphasis on a passing game,im sure they are going to be up there come of end of season,my other point is has he strengthed the forward line enough,im a bit non plussed on the Carl Cort signing ?sure he is there for a target man but will he play enough games with his injury record.

I havent been up to catch a game yet,what type of football have we been playing ?,i guess its a improvement on RK from last year,MA has reputation of hoofing it up the pitch,has he changed his style since taking over ?I caught the Watford game against the Wolves (long story),but i was impressed the way Watford played,some good football with emphasis on a passing game,im sure they are going to be up there come of end of season,my other point is has he strengthed the forward line enough,im a bit non plussed on the Carl Cort signing ?sure he is there for a target man but will he play enough games with his injury record.

The main thing that I saw against Blackpool in spells was pace, especially when Chambers was on. Some times last season we seemed quite laboured and lumped the ball forwards because we looked clueless of without energy but it seems that MA likes energetic teams and at times a few of the lads burst forwards which looked impressive. If Kaebi is as fast as he looks, I think that will take the pace up even more with Chambers, DJ and friends! BTW we are also passing the ball a bit more than last season from the game I saw but I wasn't at Accrington.

As for the rest of the points like Carl Cort/Forwards, they have been covered on recent threads!

went to see them against blackpool on sataday and to tell you the truth it was the same as last year but with different players, a few players did run at the defenders i.e chambers, hayes and dj (when they came on) but alot of the time we were just hitting the ball long up the field to MVD who i guess was meant to hold it up which he managed about twice, one of them resulted in his crossbar effort. Last 20 mins we looked more confident but still the long balls were being played and every time blackpool would get rid. On the other hand how we did not score is beyond me they keeper was on fire.

One thing that is important to add. Before people start expecting our pattern of play and system to be set in stone, lets let the lads play 6-8 games together before we start thinking that is was the same as last year!! :doh:

One thing that is important to add. Before people start expecting our pattern of play and system to be set in stone, lets let the lads play 6-8 games together before we start thinking that is was the same as last year!! :doh:

Wise words :worship: , but you can't seriously expect fans that grumble after one misplaced pass to give a team 8 games/ 720 minutes to gel :S

Wise words :worship: , but you can't seriously expect fans that grumble after one misplaced pass to give a team 8 games/ 720 minutes to gel :S

Yes the fans are shocking! How many managers has MM appointed? And how patient was MA when Mattock made one wacky pass, then slipped? So patient he removed him almost immediately and signed a new left back!.

Of course patience is needed. I don't think MA's position should even be considered until the end of November. But why he or MM should EXPECT patience I don't know.

Football is a ruthless, cut-throat, competitive business in some ways. Now more than ever it is all about success. For the manager the same as everyone else.

Yes the fans are shocking! How many managers has MM appointed? And how patient was MA when Mattock made one wacky pass, then slipped? So patient he removed him almost immediately and signed a new left back!.

Of course patience is needed. I don't think MA's position should even be considered until the end of November. But why he or MM should EXPECT patience I don't know.

Football is a ruthless, cut-throat, competitive business in some ways. Now more than ever it is all about success. For the manager the same as everyone else.

Get a grip Thrac, he was out of his depth on saturday and should have been taken off before that.

Get a grip Thrac, he was out of his depth on saturday and should have been taken off before that.

I don't know about "out of his depth" but it certainly wasn't his best game by a long way.

And MA seems to have been ruthless about dealing with it.

Nothing wrong with that if he believes he's right.

But he cannot expect people not to criticise him just as quickly when things go wrong.

If this was the middle of January, we were in a strong league position and lost at home to blackpool, would we be seeing this reaction then? Remember Birmingham vs. Southend last year? :frusty:

One game is one game, we have 45 league games left. Our managers ALWAYS fail to win their first game in charge so hopefully we can put a run together. If not that's when the alarm bells should ring. :yawn:

Archived