Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Cort to Hearts ?

Link

Hearts move for strikers

BARRY ANDERSON

HEARTS are taking steps to address their goalscoring problem by making a number of enquiries for English-based strikers, including Leicester City's Carl Cort and Anthony Le Tallec of Liverpool.

The Evening News has learned that majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov is keen to recruit a forward before the summer transfer window closes on Friday.

Cort, 29, only signed a two-year contract at Leicester in June after leaving Wolverhampton Wanderers but has yet to feature for his new club as he recovers from a hamstring injury. Hearts asked about his availability in an attempt to reinforce their forward line before the end of the month.

Liverpool are open to offers for 22-year-old Le Tallec, who first attracted Romanov's attention during the summer of 2005. Hearts have enquired about the Frenchman again but it remains to be seen if he can be lured north.

It's thought Cort and Le Tallec have given only lukewarm responses to the prospect of moving to Scotland.

The striker search has also included a selection of players based on the continent but a player with a knowledge of UK football is desired by club management. Chilean internationalist Mauricio Pinilla is still a number of weeks away from a first-team comeback following a wrist operation, increasing the need for a new forward.

"As yet, I haven't been told of anyone coming in," said assistant coach Stephen Frail. "We have what we have for the moment and I'll work with what's here until it changes."

Frail also promised that club management will heavily reprimand players for indiscipline this season. The Tynecastle side incurred a record £20,000 fine from the SFA yesterday for a total of nine red cards and 92 cautions last year.

Hibs, Dunfermline and Falkirk were also fined £5000 but Hearts' punishment follows penalties of £5000 and £10,000 in the previous two seasons. Frail revealed the club's internal discipline policy will be more strict from now on.

"When it's like that and it's costing the club money, then yes," he said. "We've had a talk with the players. During pre-season we explained to them that it was silly things that were costing us, like jewellery in Athens. We've had a few bookings since the start of the season for fouls, which is acceptable."

Meanwhile, the club made contact with Northern Irish defender Johnny Taylor yesterday in a bid to conclude an extension to the player's contract. Taylor was first offered a new deal in May but admitted a lack of urgency from Hearts left him confused and awaiting permission to return to Riccarton.

However, a Tynecastle spokesperson said: "The club has been in contact with the player and hopefully this will be resolved shortly." Six Hearts players - Saulius Mikoliunas, Audrius Ksanavicius, Deividas Cesnauskis, Kestutis Ivaskevicius, Andrius Velicka and Ricardas Beniusis - are included in the Lithuania squad for the Euro 2008 qualifying match with Scotland at Hampden on Saturday, September 8.

http://sport.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1372582007

Seems we may never see Cort in a city shirt! Hearts are after him and Le Tallec to boost their forward lines. It seems ridiculous that he could go after not even playing yet, though if they are willing to buy him for several million then it would be some good business i suppose after getting him for free. If he does go then we should definitely look for a strong front man to provide good competition for the now okayish de Vries!

Maybe a short term loan would be good to get him match fit but I`d prefer we didnt sell players before we get the chance to see what they can do, unless of course the bid is a silly one.

Anything over 100,000 is silly money on Cort, considering he's never played for us. :smile:

----

Not being at your new club for more than a few days seems to be the 'in' thing of late. That Dietmar Hamann was only on the books at Bolton for about a day last season... Nugent may be wandering off to another club just a month after signing for Pompey... and Cort may move on before he's even managed to be fit enough to play, let alone actually playing. :ermm:

Its not going to happen the owner of Hearts is (as usual) talking out of his arse, saying he'd be interested in Cort... frankly we'd be silly to let him go unless they were willing to offer in excess of £500k for him as he will (when fit) prove a very usful player IMHO.

Its not going to happen the owner of Hearts is (as usual) talking out of his arse, saying he'd be interested in Cort... frankly we'd be silly to let him go unless they were willing to offer in excess of £500k for him as he will (when fit) prove a very usful player IMHO.

CHEERIO CORT!!!!! hopefully we will keep fryatt and let cort go

CHEERIO CORT!!!!! hopefully we will keep fryatt and let cort go

:rolleyes:

Cort is the better player - more injury prone perhaps but the better player, Fryatt is on his way sooner or later and there seem to be sufficent idiots out there for him to fetch a decent fee, the simple fact is that Fryatt is not needed and doesnt even want to be here from the looks of things.

Either way i've already said the story is a nothing story, coz its the Hearts owner talking out of his arse against and simply expressing a likling for Cort - its also mentioned that Cort doesnt want to move - we'd probably like to have Lee Camp but we're noting going to get him.

If he gets fit, I think he will be better than MDV but that is a big if.

Loan him out and see if he can cope with the Scottish work ethic and maybe it can slowly build his fitness.

Then again, if they offer any money it would be good business :w00t:

this sort of thing seems to be creeping in... i dont get it..

Portsmouth are talking like they want to let nugent go after only 4 games and one goal in the persuit of a better quality player..

the only way i would consider Cort going would be for the same sort of thing..

but it just sounds crazy talk really.

Anything over 100,000 is silly money on Cort, considering he's never played for us. :smile:

----

Not being at your new club for more than a few days seems to be the 'in' thing of late. That Dietmar Hamann was only on the books at Bolton for about a day last season... Nugent may be wandering off to another club just a month after signing for Pompey... and Cort may move on before he's even managed to be fit enough to play, let alone actually playing. :ermm:

I think Unsworth started it a few years ago when he signed for Villa and hardly made it down the motorway before heading for Everton the prat. This season has just been the weirdest start in memory with player bereavements, heart attacks, so many injuries even before a ball was kicked, manager sackings in first week and the weirdest of all, Paddy McCarthy going in a cheat deal for £650k, about £600k above his value. If Cort goes to Hearts for anymore than £200k I will go to the local shrink for an assessment.

i agree with tobias! give the lad a chance when hes fit..hes proved he can score goals we just have 2 keep him fit :)

agree that if he is fit he will be a good player, i personaly think better than de vries, but keeping him fit is hard at it easiest!

Archived