Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Music books

Currently reading Alex James' autobiography. Finding it really interesting. The first few chapters really are a kick up the arse. I need to do something with my life. There are sentences like "we came back from our first American tour just before my 23rd birthday" which are painful to read for a 23-year-old.

I was more of an Oasis fan than a Blur fan but I did buy Parklife when I was 10 and thought it was brilliant. As I grew up I started to find them pretty irritating and now I never listen to them but I've just downloaded Modern Life Is Rubbish because I was reading today about them releasing it. It grates that bands like Hard-Fi, the Kaiser Chiefs and The Enemy are still able to peddle the exact same lyrics about the supposed mundanity of 9 to 5 jobs. I was listening to stuff like this when I was 10. I suppose that's just the cycle of age for you.

Arrrrrrrrgh I forgot how annoying some of these songs were. "Colin Zeal", like "Bill McCai" by The Coral - don't write songs like that! They're f**king embarrassing!

Currently reading Alex James' autobiography. Finding it really interesting. The first few chapters really are a kick up the arse. I need to do something with my life. There are sentences like "we came back from our first American tour just before my 23rd birthday" which are painful to read for a 23-year-old.

I was more of an Oasis fan than a Blur fan but I did buy Parklife when I was 10 and thought it was brilliant. As I grew up I started to find them pretty irritating and now I never listen to them but I've just downloaded Modern Life Is Rubbish because I was reading today about them releasing it. It grates that bands like Hard-Fi, the Kaiser Chiefs and The Enemy are still able to peddle the exact same lyrics about the supposed mundanity of 9 to 5 jobs. I was listening to stuff like this when I was 10. I suppose that's just the cycle of age for you.

Arrrrrrrrgh I forgot how annoying some of these songs were. "Colin Zeal", like "Bill McCai" by The Coral - don't write songs like that! They're f**king embarrassing!

Dylan's autobiography is great. And why wouldn't it be?

Is that Chronicles? I saw volume one of Chronicles in a bookshop on Charing Cross Road today for £4.95. I should really have bought it. Bollocks.

Chronicles is a great read.

I've got about 20 books on Dylan so if you ever want to borrow one or two, let me know.

In fact, if you are coming back to mine after Charlton, take what you like.

Chronicles is a great read.

I've got about 20 books on Dylan so if you ever want to borrow one or two, let me know.

In fact, if you are coming back to mine after Charlton, take what you like.

Will your GF be there?? :cool:

I'm even older and IMO it grates that classic bands like Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, even The Cure/The Smiths had more talent in their little fingers than the Gallagher Bros... afraid I always hated Britpop and it's that which led me out and away from chart music !! I suppose it's an age thing really !!

The Jam and the Clash did it far better.

Although the Kaisers are probably the best of the modern bunch.

I'm even older and IMO it grates that classic bands like Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, even The Cure/The Smiths had more talent in their little fingers than the Gallagher Bros... afraid I always hated Britpop and it's that which led me out and away from chart music !! I suppose it's an age thing really !!

Dr Britpop enjoyed the balls-out rock'n'roll swagger of the first two albums. Everything after that was dull. Early doors, they made some great music - but lyrically they produced a mixture of nonsense and/or crap. Dr Britpop gives them 6/10 and notes they were (good) imitators rather than innovators.

Dr Britpop sends Pulp and Primal Scream to the top of the 90's class, but adds that (tellingly) they both pre- and post-date Britpop - the sign of a great band.

Dr Britpop adds that he's probably around the same age as LLF and thinks its more a personal taste thing, than an age thing. ;)

Dr Britpop enjoyed the balls-out rock'n'roll swagger of the first two albums. Everything after that was dull. Early doors, they made some great music - but lyrically they produced a mixture of nonsense and/or crap. Dr Britpop gives them 6/10 and notes they were (good) imitators rather than innovators.

Dr Britpop sends Pulp and Primal Scream to the top of the 90's class, but adds that (tellingly) they both pre- and post-date Britpop - the sign of a great band.

Dr Britpop adds that he's probably around the same age as LLF and thinks its more a personal taste thing, than an age thing. ;)

God I'm a miserable 30 year old aren't I? :rolleyes::D

Archived