Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Odds on going down...

Might be a good one because the stupid buggers were wrong about us being promotion favourates!

At least you can make a few quid out of your misery lol

82552[/snapback]

Wrong again Silver Fox. The odds shortened on us because of demand. It's the punters and expectation of their demand that makes a team a favourite or a long shot.

So I wonder why everyone thought we were certs for promotion then? And why the odds have narrowed on our relegation from 150/1 to 16/1?

WARNING - Note there is no abuse in this post. Anyone who abuses me on this or any other thread will be grassed up (as I can no longer invite you to your own thrashing).

Might be a good one because the stupid buggers were wrong about us being promotion favourates!

82552[/snapback]

And why the odds have narrowed on our relegation from 150/1 to 16/1?

83172[/snapback]

With qualities like that you should be writing speeches for politicians. Simply the numbers are different because the number of teams involved is smaller now than at the time the 150/1 was quoted. :huh::unsure::rolleyes: The 16/1 or 150/1 do not however necessarily reflect the absolute probability of our relegation, more the chances when compared to a particular group of teams. :thumbup:;)

82552[/snapback]

83172[/snapback]

With qualities like that you should be writing speeches for politicians. Simply the numbers are different because the number of teams involved is smaller now than at the time the 150/1 was quoted. :huh::unsure::rolleyes: The 16/1 or 150/1 do not however necessarily reflect the absolute probability of our relegation, more the chances when compared to a particular group of teams. :thumbup:;)

83190[/snapback]

It was a rhetorical statement. The odds have narrowed because we are near the bottom. This was not supposed to happen. This was not supposed to happen.

I say this twice because the punters said it was not supposed to happen. And then the slavish supporters of Levein said it was not suppsed to happen.

But it's happening.

82552[/snapback]

83172[/snapback]

83190[/snapback]

It was a rhetorical statement. The odds have narrowed because we are near the bottom. This was not supposed to happen. This was not supposed to happen.

I say this twice because the punters said it was not supposed to happen. And then the slavish supporters of Levein said it was not suppsed to happen.

But it's happening.

83217[/snapback]

who bought 80% of the squad?

i'm no lavine cock sucker i'll wait until the team is HIS team, like i did with adams, until i properly judge his work

Fair enough Stez.

But 100% of Adams' squad was 11th in the table when he left, got 11 points from its last 6 games under him and was two wins off a play off spot. All this when for a third of the games we only had ten men on the pitch

In case you have forgotten, Levein was brought in to get us that play off spot. For a club of our stature in this very mediocre league it should have been a piece of piss.

Instead we're lurking near the brown stuff at the bottom.

But 100% of Adams' squad was 11th in the table when he left, got 11 points from its last 6 games under him and was two wins off a play off spot. All this when for a third of the games we only had ten men on the pitch

11th and falling! plus Adams wouldn't have had a clue what to do when we started to slip even closer to the the relegation zone!

I mean at Cov he's still signing players that aren't up for the job, Pressman, Benji and Goater.

Stop slgging Levein, Adams would have done No better.

83347[/snapback]

Surely Adams must take some responsibility for our disgraceful disciplinary record. Throughout his tenure here we had a problem keeping 11 men on the pitch and were charged by the FA for our disciplinary problems.

Fair enough Stez.

In case you have forgotten, Levein was brought in to get us that play off spot. For a club of our stature in this very mediocre league it should have been a piece of piss.

Instead we're lurking near the brown stuff at the bottom.

83347[/snapback]

We looked like we deserved to win those games, there was no good fortune about those results......

• 9 months later...

Wrong again Silver Fox. The odds shortened on us because of demand. It's the punters and expectation of their demand that makes a team a favourite or a long shot.

So I wonder why everyone thought we were certs for promotion then? And why the odds have narrowed on our relegation from 150/1 to 16/1?

WARNING - Note there is no abuse in this post. Anyone who abuses me on this or any other thread will be grassed up (as I can no longer invite you to your own thrashing).

Manners maketh man. :)

Archived