Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gjp

Wigan boy

QUOTE(gjp @ Dec 15 2004, 03:35 PM)

Oh come on next you will be telling me how big your club is and how many trophies you have won .what is your average gate?. I am willing to put a few quid on your team bottling it

:thumbup:

and they have wolves away, and sunderland to play :D

but it will be a dog fight between us and them like i said if sunderland would beat us

personally i think the 40m if we go up has got to the players' heads judging by our recent performances

88619[/snapback]

What - so your players get £40 million if they get promoted??? :S:blink:

and they have wolves away, and sunderland to play :D

but it will be a dog fight between us and them like i said if sunderland would beat us

personally i think the 40m if we go up has got to the players' heads judging by our recent performances

88619[/snapback]

If what your saying about spending £40mill is true - Idon't think the explanation of

has got to the players' heads judging by our recent performances

more like they know they'll no longer be at the club so what incentive do they have to win/get promoted is the reason. all subconscious like. ;) Unless of course that's what you meant!

sorry, i should of explained more

it happened to us in divsion 2

as you might know or not, whelan has promised 40m to spend on players if we go up

this, i think, has unsettled and upset our players and so has made me ask myself whether they really want this club in the premiership or not

i hope i am proved wrong

as you might know or not, whelan has promised 40m to spend on players if we go up

this, i think, has unsettled and upset our players and so has made me ask myself whether they really want this club in the premiership or not

i hope i am proved wrong

88653[/snapback]

I understood fully and like I said there must be a few of them that don't believe they have a future at Wigan with that 40 mill on the horizon, it can sap their motivation somewhat, so they are probably not as keen on promotion as you.

Ipswich and Sunderland don't really have that problem as niether of them has money to spend so most of their players will feel quite comforatable with the thought of promotion and their short term futures as they'll probably both be back down again the season after next ;)

i hope i am proved wrong

88653[/snapback]

God, I think I might be a Wigan player because I don't want them to get into the premiership either.

he's bankrolling your club  :D

89066[/snapback]

No, the company JJB is "bankrolling" the club. I wonder why JJB hasn't used this pioneering scheme on its chairman's own football club.....

and that company is owned by dave whelan who makes the final decisions, so in theroy he is

and what do you mean by this other part? do you mean why they dont make our football shirts?

if so, patrick make them, who our chairman also owns  :rolleyes:

91328[/snapback]

He'll only make the decision based on the potential pounds, shillings and pennies his marketing staff seem to think they'll make based on this deal. I'd be asking why his own club doesn't seem to have the same potential that his people think they'll have by working with City.

hhhhhhhm, be a bit stupid if jjb advertise on our shirts and make our kits :S

jjb is just using your club, as this is the first time they are making kits and see you as an easy target

as i said, patrick who whelan also owns are brilliant and they make our kits

patrick is an actual kit making etc company

jjb is not.

Archived