Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

Away Grounds

I will set the ball rolling

Nicest: Technically not an away ground but, Wembley, such a lovely place and a legend of a football ground, cant wait for the new one to be built

Worst: Millmoor, without a doubt the biggest hell hole ive been to, the seats were to close to my legs, the food was bad and it stunk

Worst - Stamford Bridge - £35 and couldn't see half the pitch and lost 4-1

Wembley & West Ham - because of the memories

Best - Anfield, So much history, fantastic atmosphere, the sheer presence of the ground is amazing plus once you get in and around the place you can sense the passion, you get the feeling that even if they were in league 1 they'd fill the place.

Worst - Nottingham Forest, It takes an eternity to find the away end and once you get in there the space in the concourse is cramped, the food is impossible to get, theres no que'ing system plus you get coins and suchlike rained down on you from the upper tier. Not a good day out.

Best - this is difficult, as a lot of away ends are not designed to make us feel welcome! The identikit stadia have decent facilities and views, but you could be anywhere. Until they moved us into a flight path, it would have been St James Park, not just good facilities, but it's close to the city centre for a great pre-match/post-match. I've also had an experience which restored my faith in opposition fans and police there too.

Worst - so many to choose from, Selhurst Park, Milmoor, Withdean, but my overall worst ground has to Kenilworth Road. Even I had no leg room!! The boxes to the left, with the netting above them, generally crap facilities....how I am so much looking forward to going back. :ermm:

best - cambridge citys ground, a real non league ground but standing behind a fence brilliant stuff, plus the food was immense!

worst - meadow lane was dull and boring, although i did see alan cork (post leaving lcfc) and carlton palmer there

best - cambridge citys ground, a real non league ground but standing behind a fence brilliant stuff, plus the food was immense!

worst - meadow lane was dull and boring, although i did see alan cork (post leaving lcfc) and carlton palmer there

91981[/snapback]

Boooooooo Shame on you! I love Meadow lane, one of the more traditional grounds.

91981[/snapback]

Boooooooo Shame on you! I love Meadow lane, one of the more traditional grounds.

92021[/snapback]

may of been at one time when they had to old cow sheds, but it's just a dull dull, half empty concrete nothing of a ground now

Archived