Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
samlcfc

Kanye West

Right then, I'll give a a review as good as I can, cant fully remember everything.

The support acts were decent, started the night with Kid Cudi, didnt see him but it sounded brilliant and Day n Night gotta brilliant reaction from the crowd. Next up was Consequence who I'm a big fan of, again he sounded good but wasnt watching him. Some female singer was up next, wasnt keen and wasnt sure who she was, but she was followed by Mr Hudson whos a recent signee to Kanyes label, sounded pretty good but im not sure ill look into them again despite there next album being produced by Kanye. Santogold was the final act and I loved her, full of energy and was definetly something different, definetly worth a download later.

Next up was the main man, the stage props took a while to put the final touches too but well worth it, really was a view when he was in full flow. Theres a storyline to the tour, set in space where Kanyes spaceship crashes etc, sounds corny, is a bit corny but Kanye acts along to it and doesnt try to be something hes not. But a screen comes down with Kanyes robot thing called Jane talking to him, and then Kanye starts to talk about his journey etc, and then a backing song comes on in the background with elements of Stronger in it, as soon as that started the crowd went crazy, never experienced anything like it, tingles down my spine. The first song he performs is Good Morning, pretty good cant remember the song this leads onto but Ched may do if he reads this.

The first performance that really got the crowd G'd up was Through The Wire, his robot 'Jane' drops down and comes out with 'This isnt the first crash youve been in, is it Mr West?' and then Through The Wire drops, and it was fantastic. Im struggling for song order now, so I'm just gonna run through the best performances with a loose order. My favourite of the night followed shortly after this, Diamonds came on and literally everyone threw up The Roc sign, pretty sure most of the people didnt have a clue what it meant but it looked quality. Cant Tell Me Nothing was performed either just before or after this Diamonds, but that was a superb performance, and the whole of the crowd shouting out "You Cant Tell Me Nothing" was awesome, Ched said he was surprised by how well it went down, felt the same. Gold Digger was next up, with Kanye saying just before it 'I need me some pussy' and then Gold Digger dropped, the feeling was mutual in all honesty, but this got a awesome crowd reaction, with Kanye cutting the music for the crowd to sing the first few lines of each verse.

From this point on the majority of the songs were crowd movers, with the exception of Flashing Lights which was brilliant, and Cheds face was a sight when it came on, most of the crowd sang with him, brilliant. The other exception was the tribute to his Mum, the Grammy version of Hey Mama, which the whole crowd just went quiet and let Kanye do his thing to. After these 2 there was a return to the up tempo songs, and Stronger was absolutely breathetaking, he said that he wanted to make music for stadiums with Graduation and Stronger really would sound epic on a bigger scale, the whole crowd were bouncing when he did this, and the energy was unmatched, utterly brilliant. Good Life closely followed and another fantastic performance and a fantastic reception from the crowd, same with Homecoming.

He then wwent on to talk about how much effort and planning has gone into the tour, and thanked a few people before leaving the stage, alot of people assumed this was the end and started to leave but he came back on shortly after and did American Boy (On his own) and then Love Lockdown, which he stopped and restarted 4 times to get it to a level he was happy with, I was expecting this to have the best reaction from the crowd of the night, but Im not sure it did. He finished the final version of that and left the stage, show over.

All in all, he from my point of view is the greatest entertainer on the planet, I dont beleive another artist puts in the time and effort, and attention to detail that he does for their shows. Full marks for the show, and cant wait to go London next time hes here... On it.

Edit: He did my favourite Kanye song aswell, Jesus Walks, loved that too.

Thats hilarious :crylaugh:

How much of the planning was done by him?did he say?how much $$$ did he make from it?did he say?

Sorry,i just despise this type of crap.

So why come in a thread and read through all of that, and then take the piss.

You must of had something better to do, sad little person.

I just find it very amusing when 2 bit popstars are idolised to this extent.

Im currently working from home and any distraction is welcome.

If you knew me you would know im not sad,im not as cool as Kanye though.

Please please tell me he wore those white glasses as shown on the 1st page at the pop concert,there great,where can i get a pair like that?

Archived