Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
samlcfc

Kanye West

I can barely think of any Kanye songs I actually dislike to be honest.

Stronger and Goldigger piss me off but its probably because of how popular and over played they were on release and still are now particularly in clubs.

Compare that to the 1st and only time I heard Heartless up town the other week, boy did it go down

Stronger and Goldigger piss me off but its probably because of how popular and over played they were on release and still are now particularly in clubs.

Compare that to the 1st and only time I heard Heartless up town the other week, boy did it go down

Id love to hear Stronger up town, as of yet I havent though.

Or any Kanye for that matter.

I can barely think of any Kanye songs I actually dislike to be honest.

I can barely think of any Kanye songs I actually like to be honest.

He seems to divide opinion on here with his loyalists and the people who really can't understand what the fuss is about. I just find it far too polished and, well, I hate this phrase, but mainstream. It's all a bit nice. Nice rapping, nice beats, nice production, but seriously lacking an edge which is what, for me, hip hop should be about. Like most genres in fact it should have something that sets it apart, takes things out of the comfort zone, takes a few risks.

Kanye is like the Coldplay of rap.

I can barely think of any Kanye songs I actually like to be honest.

He seems to divide opinion on here with his loyalists and the people who really can't understand what the fuss is about. I just find it far too polished and, well, I hate this phrase, but mainstream. It's all a bit nice. Nice rapping, nice beats, nice production, but seriously lacking an edge which is what, for me, hip hop should be about. Like most genres in fact it should have something that sets it apart, takes things out of the comfort zone, takes a few risks.

Kanye is like the Coldplay of rap.

Kanye doesnt take risks with his music?

That is an odd statement to me, fair enough hes mainstream but to be honest no one in mainstream Hiphop or 'urban' music takes risks with there music like he does.

Kanye doesnt take risks with his music?

That is an odd statement to me, fair enough hes mainstream but to be honest no one in mainstream Hiphop or 'urban' music takes risks with there music like he does.

I have to agree with Samilktray here. I don't think there's a big-time producer alive that's on Kanye's level. (until next year, of course, when everyone copies him!). Say what you will about his rapping and singing "skills," but "Love Lockdown" doesn't sound like anything else around and it's still a major hit. There's also been huge shifts in sound on his albums from a theatrical sound to the more synthy style he's adoped recently. He's also sampled Can. CAN, for chrissakes! How many rappers listen to Can?!

• 1 month later...
I refuse to be drawn into this debate.

Your wrong, is all I'll say and keep it moving.

Considering I was brought up on hip hop from as early as I can imagine I would love a debate on this subject. I don't know how old you are but im guessing your no older than 20 if your into kanye. You would have missed the golden era. I cant debate now im off out soon but Il happily educate you in true hip hop/rap later :thumbup:

Kanye West is Hip POP fact.

Considering I was brought up on hip hop from as early as I can imagine I would love a debate on this subject. I don't know how old you are but im guessing your no older than 20 if your into kanye. You would have missed the golden era. I cant debate now im off out soon but Il happily educate you in true hip hop/rap later :thumbup:

Kanye West is Hip POP fact.

lol

I know just as much as you sunshine about the 'golden era'.

I respect what your saying but I think your wrong, no big deal.

lol

I know just as much as you sunshine about the 'golden era'.

I respect what your saying but I think your wrong, no big deal.

No that's cool man. I didn't meant to sound smug, at the end of the day it's narrow minded of me assuming you don't listen to other artists etc.

Maybe im just bitter and wont move with times because personally for me rap/hip hop died when Dr Dre released chronic 2001. (long story, might go into that another day).

Anyway peace love and unity. :thumbup:

No that's cool man. I didn't meant to sound smug, at the end of the day it's narrow minded of me assuming you don't listen to other artists etc.

Maybe im just bitter and wont move with times because personally for me rap/hip hop died when Dr Dre released chronic 2001. (long story, might go into that another day).

Anyway peace love and unity. :thumbup:

No worries dude.

Always nice to have someone on here into hiphop aswell.

No worries dude.

Always nice to have someone on here into hiphop aswell.

Think Im going to put a hip hop mixtape together over next few days. Will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived