Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
syston_fox

Pro Evo - Wii version

Takes some getting used to thats for sure. Ive had a couple of games on it and won them both but never felt that I was really in control of it in any real way and was just swinging my arms around like an idiot.... in fact I nearly lost an eye in a goal mouth scramble trying to shoot!

Takes some getting used to thats for sure. Ive had a couple of games on it and won them both but never felt that I was really in control of it in any real way and was just swinging my arms around like an idiot.... in fact I nearly lost an eye in a goal mouth scramble trying to shoot!

That sounds like an amusing part of it though. Flailing around like a mad man trying to tap the ball in. Fantastic. Ridiculous yes, but still fantastic.

I don't understand how it works? The player moves in the direction you move your hand? This would baffle me for weeks.

I think you control the player with the nunchuck controller and then you get other players to make runs by moving your hand and pointing with the Wii Remote. I think. I'd still want to have it on the PS2 or something, but it does sound like fun.

I don't understand how it works? The player moves in the direction you move your hand? This would baffle me for weeks.

Gah... when will you people realise that the Wiimote is an IR pointer... not just waggle!!!

You can move the cursor about like you can a mouse pointer on a PC screen...

I effect it is like an RTS game... you not only control your designated player (like the out dated 360/PS3 ones...) you control runs off the ball as well...

Too much for some smaller minds to understand... yet it's what RTS players do all the time

(Please bear in mind I am not an RTS player!)

Gah... when will you people realise that the Wiimote is an IR pointer... not just waggle!!!

You can move the cursor about like you can a mouse pointer on a PC screen...

I effect it is like an RTS game... you not only control your designated player (like the out dated 360/PS3 ones...) you control runs off the ball as well...

Too much for some smaller minds to understand... yet it's what RTS players do all the time

(Please bear in mind I am not an RTS player!)

Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Still baffled.

And that first line sounded so camp in my head.

I just wanna know why anyone would want to play a football game with a Wii controller. Tennis maybe, golf probably, baseball probably- but theres a common theme amongst these sports- you use an object to hit a ball. In football, you dont use an object to control the ball. Its just pointless.

GIMMICK!

I just wanna know why anyone would want to play a football game with a Wii controller. Tennis maybe, golf probably, baseball probably- but theres a common theme amongst these sports- you use an object to hit a ball. In football, you dont use an object to control the ball. Its just pointless.

GIMMICK!

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :frusty:

You use the Infra Red pointer capabilities to control EVERTHING!!! Runs off the ball, passing into space... did you even watch the video!?!?!

Rather tiny than narrow. :whistle:

I think you miss my point! :/

I'm saying that people who can only think of one way to play a game (be it football, an FPS, sport, racing etc.) surely have tiny/narrow minds...

Being a Nintendo fanboy (+ PC gaming) my gaming horizon is rather wide and can accept there actually may be a different (even better) way to play a game! :o

OPen your mind... expand your horizons... :cheers:

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

You use the Infra Red pointer capabilities to control EVERTHING!!! Runs off the ball, passing into space... did you even watch the video!?!?!

No i didnt watch the video. I'm not interested. My idea of fun is not pointing a fcuking stick at a screen controlling a football game. As i've said, sports that involve hitting something, with something (i.e golf) i can go with, but doing it for a football game is a steamijg pile of horseshit.

I'm saying that people who can only think of one way to play a game (be it football, an FPS, sport, racing etc.) surely have tiny/narrow minds...

Being a Nintendo fanboy (+ PC gaming) my gaming horizon is rather wide and can accept there actually may be a different (even better) way to play a game! :o

Or perhaps people who want to change things for the sake of a silly gimmick have tiny minds?

If you think that its better playing a football game using a wiimote, thats fine by me, you do that. But dont tell me i have a tiny mind because i think its a stupid gimmick, that serves no purpose other than to be different.

No i didnt watch the video. I'm not interested. My idea of fun is not pointing a fcuking stick at a screen controlling a football game. As i've said, sports that involve hitting something, with something (i.e golf) i can go with, but doing it for a football game is a steaming pile of horseshit.

Or perhaps people who want to change things for the sake of a silly gimmick have tiny minds?

If you think that its better playing a football game using a wiimote, thats fine by me, you do that. But dont tell me i have a tiny mind because i think its a stupid gimmick, that serves no purpose other than to be different.

No i didnt watch the video. I'm not interested. My idea of fun is not pointing a fcuking stick at a screen controlling a football game. As i've said, sports that involve hitting something, with something (i.e golf) i can go with, but doing it for a football game is a steamijg pile of horseshit.

lol

lol 'Gamers' with tiny minds...
Rather tiny than narrow. :whistle:

So from the first quote of five words i should be getting your point which is the third post a full paragraph.

As for a wide gaming horizon, Everything i see is Wii related i would call that narrow not wide.

So from the first quote of five words i should be getting your point which is the third post a full paragraph.

As for a wide gaming horizon, Everything i see is Wii related i would call that narrow not wide.

Read between the lines... especially at the comment I was commenting on! :P

Did you not see my LittleBigPlanet, GTA IV, SPORE threads... not one is on Wii?

Archived