Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Shipman told to 'go hang himself'

i've only ever seen that it should be legalised in the extreme of cases

such as these cases of constant and mass murdering

take sadam hussain (as i usually do heh)

do you really believe he deserves the human right to be living in the comfort he is no doubt having?

how many has he killed? have you seen the mass graves with his death finger above it? where is the justice in his high profiled '''''imprisonment'''''

or why we are at it lets take hitler, an anti-semitic tyrant, for what he did, if he was not to kill himself (or whatever is true about his death) would you be happy if the Russians captured and imprisoned him in a high security of relaxed pressure? You might see it as totally irrelevant but to the extreme i don't. At a professional level the amount of cases accumulates to a huge amount of patients which in relation to a fuhrer of a tolitarian state is equal

for the single murderers of 'accused' it is true that there is a possibility of mistake and would be unjustified (unless 100% true) to condem them to such punishment

but cases like this, the devistation and hurt he's left in many to live with for the rest of their lives is in this 'weak' country punished with a walk into a prison and live almost a life of no consequence of their action (and more often that not ending in an early release into society)

I see what you are saying Benji and nothing gave these dreadful people the right to take any lives in the first place.

If we stoop to their level by killing them - doesnt that make us just as bad?

92763[/snapback]

personally, no i don't think it does

i see it that everyone in the world has human rights

it is something they are born with and something everyone deserves/is entitled to

however, when such acts of evil including murderers, serial killing and to the extreme genocide are commited, that person loses any connection to the term human right.

i wouldn't say taking their life away was justice, infact i can't really think of a suitable word, there probably isn't one. i just can't se it any other way that the world will ever be a place of peace with such people living among us

this may sound ironic as im suggesting similar punishments as those the ''criminals'' perform to be where they are, but is their any other way?

it's quite a mock of society when people can accuse and consider any kind of punishment for the officer when the person involved has commited mass murdering

this is a football website, so lets relate it too football. A yellow card is given from great extremes of kicking a ball away to a high foot injury prone challenge. Something im aware from recent disscussions that most of you are against, that there is no equilibrium between the two. Then how can a man who say is guilty of mis-identitfy face similar punishment to those such as H.S?

You can only sentence a person to death if you are 100% certain they are guilty.

How many people have been wrongly sentenced?

I don't believe that ANY human being has the right to take anothers life.

92726[/snapback]

Valid point.

Well why should you pay tax money for a convict that's hurt society?

92704[/snapback]

I don't think I should, but by taking his own life, he's avoided his punishment. At the end of the day, this man, a convicted criminal, has had the final say in how he does, or in this case, doesn't pay back society, not the system. He's stuck two fingers up at it, if you ask me.

The arguements for and against the death sentence are compelling. I've said before that I agree with both. However, in this day and age, with forensic science as it is, you can be 100% certain of the majority of crimes. The high profile cases we see on the TV are just the tip of the iceberg.

However, a big part of me does think that if a person is to be punished, then it should be something that makes that person think about their actions and the effect is has on others. I agree wholeheartedly with custodial sentencing. The problem in this day and age is that it doesn't work, and that is because prisoners are given a basic quality of life not too dissimilar to that they enjoyed outside of their cells.

I would go back to the days when inmates lived in a cell with a bed and nothing else. Sod hunam rights. Commiting a crime, and violating the rights of the victims invalidates any rights these people have. I would also make prisoners pay for their time in custody; it used to happen, and as Shen says, why should we pay for someone else's upkeep.

I also favour this idea that if the victim of a crime, or their relatives in murder cases, are up to it, then the criminal is taken to them to explain why they did what they did, and the victim then gets to tell them how it has affected them. Apparently reoffending rates significantly drop when this is used.

Well why should you pay tax money for a convict that's hurt society?

92704[/snapback]

I don't think I should, but by taking his own life, he's avoided his punishment. At the end of the day, this man, a convicted criminal, has had the final say in how he does, or in this case, doesn't pay back society, not the system. He's stuck two fingers up at it, if you ask me.

The arguements for and against the death sentence are compelling. I've said before that I agree with both. However, in this day and age, with forensic science as it is, you can be 100% certain of the majority of crimes. The high profile cases we see on the TV are just the tip of the iceberg.

However, a big part of me does think that if a person is to be punished, then it should be something that makes that person think about their actions and the effect is has on others. I agree wholeheartedly with custodial sentencing. The problem in this day and age is that it doesn't work, and that is because prisoners are given a basic quality of life not too dissimilar to that they enjoyed outside of their cells.

I would go back to the days when inmates lived in a cell with a bed and nothing else. Sod hunam rights. Commiting a crime, and violating the rights of the victims invalidates any rights these people have. I would also make prisoners pay for their time in custody; it used to happen, and as Shen says, why should we pay for someone else's upkeep.

I also favour this idea that if the victim of a crime, or their relatives in murder cases, are up to it, then the criminal is taken to them to explain why they did what they did, and the victim then gets to tell them how it has affected them. Apparently reoffending rates significantly drop when this is used.

92838[/snapback]

shipman also knew his mrs would be in for a fat wedge of pention is he died before he was 60.

the thing with long sentences is all they do is keep people away for a long time(which is good) but the punishment part only really lasts for a few years, so i've heard, then their life inside just becomes how it is.

dont really know what i'm on about, i'm in the process of getting pissed.

Archived