Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Worst manager of last 15 years at leicester

Who was the worst  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the worst

• Brian Little
    • Mark Mcghee
    • Martin O'Neill
    • Peter Taylor
    • Garry Parker
    • Dave Bassett
    • Micky Adams
    • Craig Levein

Adams isnt a bad manager but, like Taylor hes a bad MAN manger. O'Neil kept this air of mystery around him and kept his distance unlike like Taylor and Adams who tried to be the players 'mates.' You need a bit of discipline and the need to know whos in charge in all walks of life, whatever job you are in.

Pleat on the other hand was and is just shit :D

didn't parker only manage one game and we lost about 6-0 to leeds or something. Not the best record of the lot lol

147796[/snapback]

Dead true, it was a cup game wasnt it? I really felt for him because he was a great player for us. Robbie Keene scored a hattrick if I remember rightly :mad:

interesting you should say that L1 boy cos as much as i hate mcghee for the way he left us for wolves of all teams i think mcghee in the short time he was here actually had us playing the best attractive football i've seen from any leicester team in recent years. the passing was tremendous even walshie was knocking the ball about like he was david beckham! controversial i know but does anyone else agree?

94383[/snapback]

No, he taught to pass sideways for 45 mins. On the halfway line, at times it was dire!

94389[/snapback]

Gee, I wish all my exam questions as a kid had been so easy. Never has any manager spent so much, so badly to achieve so little as Peter Taylor. This club has been existence 100-odd years and he nearly did for us in months. Whatever I say would be insufficient to explain my complete contempt for him.

lol  Poor old Millwall.

I think Adams possibly had the potential to be better that Little. Having said that I was never a great fan of Little - didn't like the football he had the team playing, although he did give us marginal some success.

A problem with the list is that most of the managers we've had in the past 20/30 years haven't been that good, with the obvious exception of O'Neill and hopefully Levein.

95236[/snapback]

Adams should in no way be compared to Taylor. He was just a limited thinker, that's all and his lasting problem is that he doesn't seem to learn as Coventry are finding out. Taylor though - well you could have asked who was the worst manager in City's history and Taylor would still finish top by a distance. How he ever got back into football beats me but he did appear to learn something from his ineptitude.

On superficial consideration Taylor should p**s it. However you must reconcile this with the fact that he was manager when we were top of the premiership. I e-mailed him at the time to express my hope that we would keep it up and offering my support and he wrote me a letter saying how he was confident we would continue to improve etcetc under his steady hand.

I am thinking of putting the letter on to e-bay as a supremely ironic act unless someone would like to conclude a deal privately!

not a difficult question for me to answer , taylor by a country mile . this club was probably at its peak when taylor took over and he absolutley destroyed it

3 voted MON and yet onlt 5 for Bassett.

Something is very seriously wrong about those numbers lol

Taylor by miles - when he first took over things seemed fine, but in his first new season he appeared to have completely wrecked the team. How he managed such a disasterous, rapid turnaround in fortunes I will never fully comprehend.

Archived