Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

Are we really this bad?

thats why the ground should have been built out by the motorway people would be able to get away quicker i'm not local but i always stay to the end but it is a nightmare getting away from the walkers

No way! The ground is in the right place, in the city centre where it should be. Playing in a souless stadium out by the M1 would be shit.

at the wensday game last year some kid in front of me was reading and his brother was on a psp, this was in the first half hour, how could they read at such a big game

Absolute disgrace. Especially at that game, it was the most important game so far that season. Right after Barnsley if I remember right. That was one of the worst days of my life cos the week before was at Barnsley and was buzzin then came down with a bang after Sheff Wed.

When I was a kid I used to go Burton Albion and never took me eyes off the football. Unless of course some crowd trouble was brewin. Kids nowadays! They aint got a bloody clue.

What a bunch of pig-ignorant self-righteous morons you really are

It is quite possible that I am the person referred to in the original post. How awful that I caused you all so much anger

My son is four years old, and has been coming down to the matches for the first time this season. At that age of course he isn't going to watch the whole game FFS, he hasn't a clue what's going on half of the time (actually, reading some of the posts on here I see that he's not far removed from some of the rest of you)

Some of the matches he watches about half to three quarters of the match, some he watches about twenty minutes on and off. The rest of the time he reads the programme, or a kids magazine and (since Christmas) he plays on his DS. For a desperately dull game like the Palace game he watched the first twenty minutes and then got bored, and I don't blame him. And when he asks me for help on his game, of course I'm going to help him - I'm his dad :rolleyes:

The main thing is that he loves coming along to the games - loves the whole experience, wouldn't miss a match for anything, and often gets up to join in with the 'come on leicester' chants etc. It's all about integrating him into the spirit of coming along to a football game. I suspect it's the same for most parents who take kids of that age. It costs three quid to take him, and that's a small price to pay for having him come along to the games with me

But tomorrow I'll instead make sure that he stands up for the whole game, spends most of the match looking at the away fans and flicking the v's at them, and then slags off Steve Howard for being crap

Perhaps then he'll satisfy your blinkered rules for what you have to do when you go to a football game

It is quite possible that I am the person referred to in the original post. How awful that I caused you all so much anger

My son is four years old, and has been coming down to the matches for the first time this season. At that age of course he isn't going to watch the whole game FFS, he hasn't a clue what's going on half of the time (actually, reading some of the posts on here I see that he's not far removed from some of the rest of you)

Some of the matches he watches about half to three quarters of the match, some he watches about twenty minutes on and off. The rest of the time he reads the programme, or a kids magazine and (since Christmas) he plays on his DS. For a desperately dull game like the Palace game he watched the first twenty minutes and then got bored, and I don't blame him. And when he asks me for help on his game, of course I'm going to help him - I'm his dad :rolleyes:

The main thing is that he loves coming along to the games - loves the whole experience, wouldn't miss a match for anything, and often gets up to join in with the 'come on leicester' chants etc. It's all about integrating him into the spirit of coming along to a football game. I suspect it's the same for most parents who take kids of that age. It costs three quid to take him, and that's a small price to pay for having him come along to the games with me

But tomorrow I'll instead make sure that he stands up for the whole game, spends most of the match looking at the away fans and flicking the v's at them, and then slags off Steve Howard for being crap

Perhaps then he'll satisfy your blinkered rules for what you have to do when you go to a football game

I agree entirely, well said!

For some reason everyone loves analysing how other people stand/sit/chant etc at the games. People should realise a huge variety of different people go to the games. They pay their money and can act how they wish...

I agree with what Mr Hankey said also.

Leave the young lad alone plus all dads like a bit of gaming.

They have paid their money and have a right to pretty much do as they please to a certain degree.

I have taken my nephew before and he spent half the time, facing the stand and laughing at some old man pulling faces at him.

Kids, ay....

It sounds to me like you're not beating him hard enough. Maybe try using a household object.

Archived