Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Big Steve - We will not ease off

Foxes will not ease off - Howard

Steve Howard

_45393449_45257075.jpg

Howard has scored seven goals for the Foxes this season

Leicester City striker Steve Howard says they will not ease off despite going seven points clear at the top of League One with a 2-0 win at Yeovil.

Howard and Joe Mattock both found the net for the Foxes on Tuesday night.

Howard told BBC Radio Leicester: "It was always going to be a big win - so we're just trying to continue this winning streak that we're on.

"There are a lot of games coming up, so hopefully we'll stay injury free and ride these fixtures out."

"We're playing some good stuff so hopefully we'll continue," Howard added.

Cannot play media.You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version

Leicester face Huddersfield, Brighton and Northampton in the league before the end of January.

Their nearest league chasers are MK Dons with 50 points and third-placed Millwall with 47.

Link

Only got 7 goals, not that many really, but his assists must be Huge.

Only got 7 goals, not that many really, but his assists must be Huge.

Howard has been pivotal to so much that our team has done this season.

Despite my continued reservations about people like Gradel and Porter being sidelined so much (especially with Dyer being below his best for so long), we have benefitted greatly from something else I passionately believe in and that is having a generally settled side.

Pearson never seems to make changes without good reason. The fact that our players are so familiar with each other's capabilities has reaped great benefits although there is still much room for improvement.

Howard is one who's been more or less ever present and it is quite obvious that players are finding it comfortable to play off him.

His comments only confirm his determination and focus in what I believe has been an excellent season for him and one where, even though not first choice captain, he has shown some of the leadership qualities that have been much-missed at City.

He gets slated for not scoring on 606.

It's so bloody hard convincing them that he does all the dirty work and he plays such a major role of football.

606 is bollocks, I wouldn't take any notice of it if I were you :thumbup: .

Pearson never seems to make changes without good reason. The fact that our players are so familiar with each other's capabilities has reaped great benefits although there is still muich room for improvement.

It makes a nice change from Holloway who had no clue what is best side was!

Simon

Archived