Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Huddersfield Post-Match Thread

Matt Oakley's wayward passing made another appearence on Saturday. Don't get me wrong, he continues to contribute a hell of lot to the game. With his age and experience, I expect more of a polished performance.

Oakley had a mixed game, but his work on setpieces (especially the quick free-kick) was a massive factor in our victory.

Let's hope for more of the same during the rest of the season.

question.

whilst it is pretty clear that huddersfield were really up for this, do you think it would be fair to assume that MD's 11th hour absence could have had a significant effect on this element of the game - especially with cleverley being new to the squad... surely it can't help preparation and the game plan, even confidence, to lose such a key player at such late notice

Answer.

I think it would be fair to say that yes, from what i understand MD pulled out saturday morning, which meant that the squad had trained all week with the same midfield that they had played against yeovil with, so because MD pulled out it left us short in midfield and to try and minimise change NP brought TC into the 11 as a replacement as he didnt have time to fully adjust.

If that helps.

Psssst, Ace, we beat Yeovil 2-0 last season at their place on a saturday afternoon. I was there.

Cheers again Leicester fans, make sure you beat all the rest of the top 7 or 8 teams to make our job that little bit easier.

:thumbup:

Hope you guys stay around too, it's nice to have some friendly awayers on here.

Hopefully we'll be seeing you next season in the championship :)

Psssst, Ace, we beat Yeovil 2-0 last season at their place on a saturday afternoon. I was there.

Cheers again Leicester fans, make sure you beat all the rest of the top 7 or 8 teams to make our job that little bit easier.

Ooops! Sorry! Forgot! Didn't go that's probably why I forgot. That and creeping age!

AceT :rolleyes:

Best home game this season.

Best away fans.

Best banter and atmosphere.

ALOT of credit to City players for getting a win when we could easily have lost.

Im not even going to hammer Howard.

He did well....eventually(After helping them with the 2 goals!!!!!)

All bodes well for the future as it was a very good test for us both footballing wise and mentally(Ie If we got the bottle for a scrap)

NP too deserves ALOT of credit.

We should have had this bastard years ago....

Archived