Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Huddersfield Post-Match Thread

Enjoyed today, credit to Hudders for coming at us and a few off their players looked quite nifty.

Anyway, as Bert said last season we would never have came back. Great spirit, and the way we did it without any panic was great.

Hobbs had a great game I thought, Great to see him, Morrison and Berner score. It wasn't the greatest performance but we showed we have another side to us today in which we can battle. Goals just change games, when they made it 2-1 I thought we didn't have it to bring it back.

Twenty minutes later we are 4-2 up. Smashing.

hope the city fan is ok who get knocked out by one of there fans just outside the away end...cops arrested him dead quick after city fans pointed the idiot out...thing is the lad he decked was just walking along minding his own business......hard man to do that when the guy was'nt even ready or expecting it.

Great Result.

Great fight and mentality to come back from behind.

I take my hat off to Pearson he is a superstar!

I know its early but i might go put a bet on us winning the league :P if you still can?

You can, but just checked and best odds you can get for that at this point is 2/7. Hardly worth the risk, you'd have to lump a pretty large wedge of cash to make it worth your while.

Another 3 points in the bag, probably not our best performance by the sound of things, but showed plenty of character, something sadly lacking last season! Keep up the good work NP and the lads!

:chant:

I thought Pilkington was from Stockport? He's a very promising player and for £500,000 I think he's well worth the investment. I'd have liked us to have looked at him, but it doesn't seem we think we require signing many players on permanent deals. A bit frustrating, given we'll have to make countless new signings again in the summer and just because they've all gelled this season, doesn't necessarily mean it will happen again next season.

Yeah I realised that after I posted, I just knew I watched him in the League 2 playoff final and remeber thinging he was by far the best player on the pitch :P

I disagree first half we were lack-lustre we won nothing in midfield and the game resorted to being long ball and "hoof" at times, i think Davies was missed alot as their was no once chasing them down putting a challenge in and just getting in to them, Gilbert coming off for Mattock was the moment of the game by putting Berner in CM we had some one who was prepared to get stuck in, chase and hound them and it payed off, with all our goals from set plays too?
Now, onto us, we were shit the first 30, didn't know what had hit us, as we're not use to teams coming at us like that. A big credit must go to all the players who dug in and did their bit, and a good effective change from Pearson paid off really well for us.

question.

whilst it is pretty clear that huddersfield were really up for this, do you think it would be fair to assume that MD's 11th hour absence could have had a significant effect on this element of the game - especially with cleverley being new to the squad... surely it can't help preparation and the game plan, even confidence, to lose such a key player at such late notice

Just got back, after fabulous fun with you Foxes and assorted mates today. What a fantastic day and great game. I thought we did very well in fact but obviously us Terriers were saddened by the final score. What did you really think of our fans? I thought we were superb! Sing when we're winning? Well don't we all?

Hope you go up! Well, it's nailed on actually

AceT :scarf:

Just got back, after fabulous fun with you Foxes and assorted mates today. What a fantastic day and great game. I thought we did very well in fact but obviously us Terriers were saddened by the final score. What did you really think of our fans? I thought we were superb! Sing when we're winning? Well don't we all?

Your fans were quality today I thought (bar the few idiots, but there was enough of them in our end!)

Best team I have seen come to the Walkers this season, but you just crumbled after throwing away the lead for the second time & we pretty much hammered you for the last half an hour.

I thought you were unlucky to come away with nothing.

Gotta say I was very impressed with you lot. :thumbup:

Reckon you deserved a point if i'm honest.

I salute Jack Hobbs for his performance, his goal and his tackle at 4-2 with a few minutes left.

I was impressed by the way we took the challenge on, I was impressed by Huddersfield positive nature but not the cynical side of it.

Very good win and first time, I've felt confident enough to sign 'EI EI EO'

10 wins and we're back.

Your support today was an advertisment against standing at football as whilst I and many others on here believe the best atmospheres come when stood your end was vocal throughout despite the majority sat although tbf your end was up and down according to the play.

The fact you brought a decent mob made for a good atmosphere throughout and I honestly feel it rubbed off on the pitch. Sure you can imagine what our place is like with 100 odd crews fans on a Tuesday night.

Huddersfield fan in peace here.

Nice to read some of the comments regarding our team and fans from you guys. Great game and a great atmosphere, really enjoyed it today even if the result wasn't great for us.

Thought we pretty much bossed the first half and took a deserved lead in the 2nd but unfortunately our heads seemed to drop when you got the equaliser and you seemed to grow stronger and stronger as we became weaker.

Howard was the difference between the 2 sides for me. We have nobody to hold the ball up upfield and he just seemed involved in every attack, certainly puts himself about, and we didn't have a clue how to deal with you at set-pieces.

Credit to Pearson too cos he blatantly did his research on Gary Roberts and Cadamarteri (our 2 wingers). They have been in great form of late but your defenders were double marking them everytime and kept them both very quiet.

Not an excuse here but I thought the ref was awful. The third goal was never a free-kick and then he seemed to handle the ball in the goal. Thought we deserved at least a point but at least we lost to a decent team who are certs to go up.

Good luck guys.

Both the Huddersfield team and fans were up for it today, all credit to them.

I think we really missed Davies; I just hope there's a Plan B waiting in the sidelines!

Pity we both had the morons out in force >_<

Howard was the difference between the 2 sides for me. We have nobody to hold the ball up upfield and he just seemed involved in every attack, certainly puts himself about, and we didn't have a clue how to deal with you at set-pieces.

Not an excuse here but I thought the ref was awful. The third goal was never a free-kick and then he seemed to handle the ball in the goal. Thought we deserved at least a point but at least we lost to a decent team who are certs to go up.

Dickinson caused us lots of problems in the first game but you didn't have him today and you could tell.

The ref was awful for both teams and also agree with the wingers bit, I'm surprised we handle Roberts. Esp. when Cleverley performed well against him.

On Cleverley, he looks eager with a bit of quality but sometimes tries too hard - reminds me of Nicky Adams.

Fair assessment of the game.

I think it was all down to you losing the lead twice, therefore your heads dropped, our fans got louder and the players put that bit of effort in that was lacking in the first half.

You were very unlucky not to come away with a point to be honest.

Huddersfield were very impressive, they came out and bossed the first half and the first 10 minutes of the second. Deservedly took the lead and regained the lead, we were second best in all areas until we got back to 2-2, after which they fell to pieces.

We showed great character and determination to hang in there when they were on top, and we really had to dig in to get the win. Pearson made the right changes at half time, our midfield was poor in the first half and we definitely missed Davies badly. But well done to Cleverley who improved significantly at RB and Berner did just what we needed from a midfielder.

Today we've shown that not only have we got the quality to win this league, but we've also got the team spirit and fight to win games when we're not playing well. Great effort from Pearson and the boys in blue.

thank you 'uddersfield.

thanks for caring. thanks for being the only side this season who've actually come at us from the start. thanks for bringing a few fans who had a bit of banter (even if most of them were there for the day :P ). in th the end tho, thanks for making me convinced that we're going up this season. you tried but in the end didn't have enough to sustain that performance for the full 90 mins. i am now convinced that this squad (even without the tunch and davies) has what it takes to get us out of this awful division.

If I were a Terrier I'd feel gutted tonight - they were well worthy of a point.

Unfortunately they did that thing that 'Boro did, they tried to play football and attack us - and I think they'll be the last this season to make that mistake. Everyone should prepare themselves for 1-0's from here-on-in.

Cleverley looked poor in centre mid today, no replacement for Davies at all - but as a right-wing-back he excelled. I was delighted with his tenacity and vigor in the second half.

Massive win for us today because Hudderfield closed us down faster than anyone and kept trying to attack our weakness which is now, very plainly in defence.

Davies was missed enormously and it was never anything like our best performance of the season. But it was our best result because we did show character, we did make a change which improved our situation and we did eventually wrest control of the match.

Furthermore we scored another four goals in winning our 10th successive home League match and making it 14 League games without defeat giving us 26 goals in those 10 home games.

I mentioned at the start of the season that it thought it would be very hard for the opposition to stop us scoring this season and so it is proving. Indeed today we had others involved in the scoring - our centre-backs in particular - which is something that has been missing and can only serve as a plus.

However, defensively, our back line looked as vulnerable as we all thought it might with Tunchev missing. What I didn't expect was Gilbert's abject display - did he get injured or what!

But, just as when Kisnorbo came in and Hobbs went to right back weeks back, the ball was suddenly going nowhere out of defence and, with Davies missing, Cleverly malfunctioning in the centre and Gilbert woeful it was sometimes Kingy versus the rest in the engine of the team. And he was never going to shine with the pressure Huddersfield applied and no get-out balls to be found anywhere.

Indeed how he got through to record sixes, 6.5's and even 7's I don't know but it was a good part due to Pearson's changes and particularly the moving of Cleverley to right-back.

In the end it was a good recovery we staged. We stuck in there when things were going badly. No-one really shone but almost everyone ended up playing a worthwhile part and when we did eventually get a lead we found a bit more time to play our normal game and finally finished considerably the stronger.

Four goals against the likes of Peterborough and Huddersfield is some statement to the rest of the division because I really don't see too many teams as being capable of playing better than those two.

No it wasn't pretty. No we weren't at our most authoritative. But we did work, we did scrap and we did prevail in what was a bloody good slugging match to watch.

Next please...

Thought it was one of our worst performances for a while and we did miss Tunchev and Davies. Our defending for both of their goals was appauling - the free header for their first and not clearing it for their second.

However, we showed a lot of spirit to wrestle the game from them. Cleverley looked good at right-back but not quite with the pace when in midfield in the first half. But it can take a game or two for a player to settle-in, so I'd like to see him tried in the middle again.

Thought Huddersfield looked quite dangerous with some quick, functional attacking players. However, didn't like their gamesmanship - their players were rolling around on the floor whenever one of ours went near them. They were also quite a dirty, Millwallesque side, and relied too much on the hoof with their attackers picking up loose balls. Their defence was absolutely shocking too.

Happy with the result, and despite the fact I think Hobbs and Morrison show a lot of promise, we do need some experience in the middle. With Tunchev there today I think we'd have kept a clean sheet.

we were poor for 60 minutes & missed davies 's drive in the center of midfield cleverly was poor until nigel put him at right back & then he shone well done fair play to huddersfield they deserved a point really came at us but we showed great resilliance to win great result could be the defining game of the season to take us up keep it up we must back it up on tues night against brighton :appl: :appl: :scarf: :scarf:

I salute Jack Hobbs for his performance, his goal and his tackle at 4-2 with a few minutes left.

I was impressed by the way we took the challenge on, I was impressed by Huddersfield positive nature but not the cynical side of it.

Very good win and first time, I've felt confident enough to sign 'EI EI EO'

10 wins and we're back.

I think nine wins will be enough. :thumbup:

Archived