Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Huddersfield Post-Match Thread

Fantastic spirit and fight showed today.

We could have crumbled after going behind twice from two well taken goals by Huddersfield.

Huddersfield aren't a bad team, definately think they'll make the play-offs, they came for the win, fair play to them.

Cleverley looked better second half on the right, glad to see goals coming from all areas of the pitch.

Chuffed.

WE ARE GOING UP!! :scarf:

1 Leicester 26 11 2 1 29 9 7 4 1 23 12 31 60

2 MK Dons 26 8 1 4 23 12 8 2 3 28 15 24 51

3 Oldham 27 8 5 1 29 13 5 4 4 18 21 13 48

4 Peterborough 26 8 4 1 25 11 5 4 4 22 22 14 47

5 S****horpe 26 7 3 2 26 16 7 2 5 22 19 13 47

6 Millwall 24 9 3 1 18 10 5 2 4 16 16 8 47

7 Leeds 26 7 2 4 26 17 6 1 6 18 17 10 42

Didn't sound like we missed Davies too much

We did. In fact we didn't play very well, for large periods of the game where Davies was must needed. Only the 15 minute burst of amazing play won us the game - as well as a worsening huddersfield side.

We're just too much for teams at this level.

We started the game in 3rd gear. And Huddersfield took advantage of that, and fair play to them. I'm not confident with Hobbs and Morrison playing together at all, though they were decent enough.

When we whacked it up a few gears in the second half, Huddersfield didnt know what had hit them. They could handle our movement, speed and intelligence. And we came out deserved winners.

Well done to Huddersfield aswel, good turnout from their fans, fairly loud, but went very quiet when we took the lead, and a decent performance. Should continue to be there or thereabouts.

Huddersfield obviously followed the idea that if they could put everything into the first portion of each half and get a goal, they could unsettle the team, the crowd and nick a win. Unfortunately for them, we seem to have such a good mentality that at the present time can overcome almost anything that this league can throw at us. The fact that they seemed to tire quite badly in the last half hour helped too.

Best performance of the season?

Nope. It was dire stuff for the first hour (on our part, Huddesfield were good coming at us), but then with all our play revolving around Steve Howard it was always going to be.

We (and King) certainly missed Davies, Berner strengthened that up in second half after Cleverly struggled in the center but had a good second half at full back, and was alot more comfortable on the ball than Gilbert who's been off his game for a few months now.

We did. In fact we didn't play very well, for large periods of the game where Davies was must needed. Only the 15 minute burst of amazing play won us the game - as well as a worsening huddersfield side.

Bang on, I certainly don't buy any of this great performace I think we were pretty poor but the spirit of the side and that little extra quality shone through on the last half hour.

Really enjoyed today, most home games are like a full gone conclusion these days but Huddersfield played some nice stuff and fully deserved their leads on both occasions, great watch.

Best performance of the season?

:crylaugh:

We were dominated for most of the game, and played shit for most of it. A poor performance and we got lucky with the second equaliser then started playing well again, as they were running out of steam.

Huddersfield deserved at least a point today.

For the mostpart Fryatt, King were totally out of the game.

Our lacklustre defence without the Tunch allowed Huddersfield a lot of space in our box, free headers, and we were lucky not to go 2,3-0 down before we equalised.

If we keep defending like that we will lose a lot of games.

I loved how Chambers, Gradel and Dickov were warming up, then we get 2 goals from no where, despite being dominated, and the subs sat back down :giggle:

We did excellent to start playing again at 2-2, but played really shit before that and allowed Huddersfield to dominate.

Hats of to the lads for getting another 3 points though, if we win games like that against good sides despite playing awful we surely will win this awful shitty League.

Bad luck Huddersfield, easily the best side ive seen at the Walkers this season and well worthy of a point at least.

Well done Martin for some top saves too.

Were gonna win the League :scarf:

Nope. It was dire stuff for the first hour (on our part, Huddesfield were good coming at us), but then with all our play revolving around Steve Howard it was always going to be.

We (and King) certainly missed Davies, Berner strengthened that up in second half after Cleverly struggled in the center but had a good second half at full back, and was alot more comfortable on the ball than Gilbert who's been off his game for a few months now.

What Mark said.

The Beauty & the Beast.

The beauty and excitement that comes from 6 goals and fight backs, the beast that was the turgid, hoofing, head tennis football. Although the last 10 to 15 minutes saw us play our best football.

:crylaugh:

We were dominated for most of the game, and played shit for most of it. A poor performance and we got lucky with the second equaliser then started playing well again, as they were running out of steam.

Huddersfield deserved at least a point today.

For the mostpart Fryatt, King were totally out of the game.

Our lacklustre defence without the Tunch allowed Huddersfield a lot of space in our box, free headers, and we were lucky not to go 2,3-0 down before we equalised.

If we keep defending like that we will lose a lot of games.

I loved how Chambers, Gradel and Dickov were warming up, then we get 2 goals from no where, despite being dominated, and the subs sat back down :giggle:

We did excellent to start playing again at 2-2, but played really shit before that and allowed Huddersfield to dominate.

Hats of to the lads for getting another 3 points though, if we win games like that against good sides despite playing awful we surely will win this awful shitty League.

Bad luck Huddersfield, easily the best side ive seen at the Walkers this season and well worthy of a point at least.

Well done Martin for some top saves too.

Were gonna win the League :scarf:

Harsh but fair.

The attitude and fight was exceptional though the performance was very average. First 30+ minutes Gilbert, Cleverly and Dyer were poor, Oakley very average and as a result Howard and Fryatt pretty ineffective. Managed to up the pace a bit towards the end of the first half which was good.

NP changed the formation and more importantly the attitude. Although Huddersfield had their moments, City bossed the second half.

Given the number of players who did not do themselves justice for much of the game, there is clearly a lot more to come from this side!

Promising, very promising!

Didn't sound like we missed Davies too much

I disagree first half we were lack-lustre we won nothing in midfield and the game resorted to being long ball and "hoof" at times, i think Davies was missed alot as their was no once chasing them down putting a challenge in and just getting in to them, Gilbert coming off for Mattock was the moment of the game by putting Berner in CM we had some one who was prepared to get stuck in, chase and hound them and it payed off, with all our goals from set plays too?

I think Nigel was spot on today, although i would have liked to see chambers had a run at them down the left.

Big credit to the Huddersfield fans as-well i thought they were great and i thought Huddersfield were one of the best teams i have seen down their in a while.

Firstly -

Mightily impressed with Huddersfield. I watched their warm up, and they seem to have a really great team spirit, which was echoed every time they scored when each player (bar the goalkeeper) went nuts to chase the scorer.

They're the first team that's came here to win and deserved a draw at least. Probably the best team i think we've played this season.

Now, onto us, we were shit the first 30, didn't know what had hit us, as we're not use to teams coming at us like that. A big credit must go to all the players who dug in and did their bit, and a good effective change from Pearson paid off really well for us.

Last season, we would never have come back from going a goal down, let alone going behind twice in a game. To me, that's a true sign of champions. We didn't play anywhere near our best, but we ground out a good result against a good team and we should take some credit for that.

Firstly -

Mightily impressed with Huddersfield. I watched their warm up, and they seem to have a really great team spirit, which was echoed every time they scored when each player (bar the goalkeeper) went nuts to chase the scorer.

They're the first team that's came here to win and deserved a draw at least. Probably the best team i think we've played this season.

Now, onto us, we were shit the first 30, didn't know what had hit us, as we're not use to teams coming at us like that. A big credit must go to all the players who dug in and did their bit, and a good effective change from Pearson paid off really well for us.

Last season, we would never have come back from going a goal down, let alone going behind twice in a game. To me, that's a true sign of champions. We didn't play anywhere near our best, but we ground out a good result against a good team and we should take some credit for that.

Pretty much what I was saying to Wilkes and Pallett on way home.

Thought the Huddersfield fans did themselves proud.

Without MD in midfield at times we lacked creativity. God I want him back here :wub:

Archived