Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sparky

i sat next to an a list celeb at the tigers !

ok maybe not a list :P his missus is a bit of a stunner to be fair . when goode put a penalty wide i was desperate to say " bit like 1 of your shots eh mark"

to be fair had a few words with him and he seemed a genuine sort of guy . we had toulouse fans infront of us and it was a real friendly atmosphere and a cracking day out. shame about the result but tigers were poor really and the french were a real class act

ok maybe not a list  :P  his missus is a bit of a stunner to be fair . when goode put a penalty wide i was desperate to say " bit like 1 of your shots eh mark"

to be fair had a few words with him and he seemed a genuine sort of guy . we had toulouse fans infront of us and it was a real friendly atmosphere and a cracking day out. shame about the result but tigers were poor really and the french were a real class act

98286[/snapback]

Haha :P The atmosphere was amazing, the sort we should be creating for City. I was down at pitch level and i could imagine how much the noise can encourage the players

ok maybe not a list  :P  his missus is a bit of a stunner to be fair . when goode put a penalty wide i was desperate to say " bit like 1 of your shots eh mark"

98286[/snapback]

Haha :P The atmosphere was amazing, the sort we should be creating for City. I was down at pitch level and i could imagine how much the noise can encourage the players

98297[/snapback]

the atmosphere was brilliant , such a shame we cant produce it at city matches although recently its been better . nice to see a full house too

It was MDV! We got there a good hour before the start of the match and we were sitting in the Leicester City allocation in the Kop. I noticed a rather nice lady walk in through one of the entrances and with her was Mark. He got a lot of hellos from people including myself and he said his groin was a bit sore but not very serious. He chatted with City fans at half time including taking some constructive criticism from a few but he took it well and spoke to everyone. He left with a couple of minutes to go but he said good bye to everyone who had talked to him and gave them all a wave. I think it takes a bit of guts to sit in amongst supporters of which a few will probably have booed him when he came on against Cardiff. Fair play to the bloke I say. :thumbup:

indeed, i know most believe that they earn so much money that they have no feelings and can put them aside

but there are genuine players in the game that want to improve, want to succeed, want to earn their money and above all play good football.

hopefully MDV is one of these people and can get some form going, good on him if he did that today, it takes a stronger man to take criticism than one to block it and push it aside

unfortunately at this club we lack a goalscorer so badly, that any striker with the inability to score frequently will soon lose the patience of the fans

personally i feel he is an average player but one we could replace, however, i hope he proves me wrong!

Fact is he is a very good player and a lot of your fans seem very unpatient. You HAVE to give him time otherwise he might as well leave as he could do a job for any other side in the championship.

98365[/snapback]

Both those statements have yet to be proved...

However, respect to De Vries for sitting in the stands with 'the average fan' and chatting to them. He may not have lived up to expectations but it shows he is a decent bloke who cares about what fans think and wants to listen to them. Well done Mark.

Fact is he is a very good player and a lot of your fans seem very unpatient. You HAVE to give him time otherwise he might as well leave as he could do a job for any other side in the championship.

98365[/snapback]

Both those statements have yet to be proved...

However, respect to De Vries for sitting in the stands with 'the average fan' and chatting to them. He may not have lived up to expectations but it shows he is a decent bloke who cares about what fans think and wants to listen to them. Well done Mark.

98369[/snapback]

Agree 100% with that. It does certainly show a great deal of character.

a bit off topic but still about the tigers,

apparently the house my brother is in now is rented off of louis and brett deacon, henry tuilagi only lives round the corner and james hamilton lives next door but one.

makes me wonder if any other tigers players live up that way :ermm:

Archived