Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
crazylegs1984

mandaric on pearson

Milan wants Nigel to stay for as long as possible!

by Bill Anderson

Milan Mandaric wants Nigel Pearson to stay at Leicester City "for as long as possible".

And the City chairman is hoping to build as successful a partnership with the Walkers Stadium manager as he did with Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth.

After self-confessed false starts at City, Mandaric can relax in the knowledge that Pearson is producing exactly what he wants from a manager - a winning team who sit proudly at the top of the table and on course for an instant return to the Championship.

Mandaric said: "Stability is what every club wants and, if you want success, it is the best way.

"Nigel has had a great impact on the club, turning the players into a winning team.

"And, although we cannot take promotion for granted, we are very well placed.

"He has done just what I wanted and I hope he stays for as long as possible."

When Mandaric talks about managerial stability, there might be raised eyebrows in the households of previous City managers Rob Kelly, Martin Allen and Ian Holloway.

Pearson is City's longest serving boss under Mandaric at just under nine months.

But Mandaric insists it is his determination to get things right that motivates him and that any parting of the ways is reluctant.

Mandaric said: "I am not known in my other businesses for change. Some of my companies in America have people who have been working for me for more than 30 years. I am proud of that.

"Once I find someone I can work with, who is successful and who is going in the direction we all want, I will do everything humanly possible to keep them.

"I found the formula for working with Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth and it worked out. I didn't want that to change because I don't like changes.

"They are not good, they are emotional, and they are a big financial burden. So destabilisation is not what I want."

Promotion from League One would steady the ship spectacularly, and cement the relationship between chairman and manager. But both are wary of taking anything for granted.

Mandaric said: "Even more so lately. I go into the boardrooms and they say €˜Good luck next year, you will not be playing us.'

"That pleases me but this is a difficult league and not an easy one to get out of it, but it is important that we do.

"Of course, we would like to see our objective reached sooner rather than later so we can put a smile on everyone's face.

"I am quite sure it was the manager's objective when he arrived here, just like everyone else's.

"But we have to be realistic, keep our feet on the ground and not count our chickens.

"I am optimistic, I see the quality of our team and the table doesn't lie. Still, we have 16 games to go and a lot can happen.

"We have to be focused and, when the time comes, we will share in the happiness, but not right now, not today.

"The gap (at the top of the table) is healthy, but there is nothing to jump up about yet. I would like to see that gap still there in April - then I can smile!"

Hmmmm, seems a strange thing to come out and say with all the latest manager vacancies and speculation. He must be concerned of tap ups. Look what happened with Judas Megson after all. Can hardly say I blame him.

He obviously thinks highly of Pearson and rightly so. Lets hope we see some loyalty hey.....

:worship: PEARSON :worship:

So he's heard about the Boro rumours too? :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly Mr Ultra!

MM is not daft, he knows Southgates days are numbered at Middlesborough.

My son-in-law is from Boro & he tells me the supporters up there think Big Nige walks on water, he was a cullossus when he played/captained them.

NP is bound to be hot property, he's doing a great job at City, we must hold onto him, so I am happy to hear MM going public on his admiration for the guy.

Archived