Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

New Morrissey Album - Years of Refusal

Well, it was a semi-triumph in that it made a profit, although not nearly as many people turned up as last time - Nottingham was oddly dead yesterday.

After recent events (stabbings, taserings etc), that's no great surprise.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out these beauties. I was going to post them in the RnB debate thread but that would have just been unhelpful.

Rare late-ish Smiths TV appearance. It's a crying shame there are so few of these, it's ace. Won't allow embedding for some reason, oops.

I blooming love this one. Not sure what night of the tour this was, but I might have been there.

My mate was actually at this, the jammy sod. It's his first solo gig and you got in for free if you were wearing a Smiths or Moz t shirt. Can you imagine that happening now? I can't

Another of me favourites. Note faintly alarming resemblance to Jimmy Carr

I listened to Years of Refusal on the way back to the UK, and was really excited by the first few tracks, but by the end, I was glad it had finished. Those first two tracks were great, and reminded me of the good old days, but the rest was a bit of a Morrissey cliche to me. Sorry folks. :(:dunno:

• 1 month later...

Was given the book Mozipedia by Simon Goddard for my birthday last weekend.

It's a bit expensive (recommended cover price £25), but worth it for the incredible volume of trivia about Moz and the Smiths.

Oh look, it's The Smiths on the lovely Southbank Show. Oh Mel. I hadn't actually seen this before today.

John Peel! Sandie Shaw! George Formby! It's got the lot. I find Johnny Marr's hair quite frightening though:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...+show&hl=en

And here's a Meat is Murder era Smiths playing to a crowd of excitable Spaniards. It's the best quality and most complete concert footage of them that I'm aware of. It's triffic

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...20756&hl=en

Got round to listening to Years of Refusal finally, listened to "Something is Squeezing My Skull" and swiftly deleted it. Sounds like it was written and produced by Panic at the fucking Disco or something.

It's not his most subtle work granted, but that's a bit harsh.

At least listen to 'I'm throwing my arms around Paris'. I think that's his best single for AGES

Archived