Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

New Morrissey Album - Years of Refusal

I cannot believe that we haven't already got a thread for Mozzer's newest long player, released today. Actually, I can believe it, it hardly takes a wild imagination to surmise that no-one's that interested. I am though, and I'm excited about it, 'cos I think Morrissey's ace.

I cannot comment on it so far other than when I played the first few seconds of it in the office, no one looked very pleased. I know some of the songs already because they rather naughtily put two of them on the greatest hits last year to make stupid people like me buy it

I cannot believe that we haven't already got a thread for Mozzer's newest long player, released today. Actually, I can believe it, it hardly takes a wild imagination to surmise that no-one's that interested. I am though, and I'm excited about it, 'cos I think Morrissey's ace.

I cannot comment on it so far other than when I played the first few seconds of it in the office, no one looked very pleased. I know some of the songs already because they rather naughtily put two of them on the greatest hits last year to make stupid people like me buy it

Seed it and link it, baby.

TPH doesn't like Mozza. Don't know what he's trying to pull.

Anyway, not heard it yet. The single is pretty much paint-by-numbers Morrissey though, so I'm hoping the rest is better. The tracks from the GH are great.

I may have been quietly converted but am keeping quiet about it.

I worship at the altar of Mozza as you know. I actually can't wait to hear this but I'm going to have to until next week.

Saw him on the One Show this very evening, he is truly immense.

I worship at the altar of Mozza as you know. I actually can't wait to hear this but I'm going to have to until next week.

Saw him on the One Show this very evening, he is truly immense.

He was funny, is he always like that? He wasn't giving the presenters anything at all! Seems like a straight up guy.

Also, I loved the bit where they interviewed the woman at the Morrissey concert and she said "If I wasn't for Morrissey, I wouldn't be here today" :chant: Well no shit woman!

He was funny, is he always like that? He wasn't giving the presenters anything at all! Seems like a straight up guy.

Also, I loved the bit where they interviewed the woman at the Morrissey concert and she said "If I wasn't for Morrissey, I wouldn't be here today" :chant: Well no shit woman!

I don't think she meant it like that.....

Mozza is a very dry lad, you can tell by his lyrics.

Anyone saw him live?

I saw him at De Montfort in 91. And again in Brum 95.

went to glastonbury with the sole intention of seeing him, but he backed out/bottled out (it was the NF era) and he was replaced by JAMES so it wasn't all bad

:cry:

I'm not sure I dare see him.

:giggle: You'll be fine, he's touring again, I would definately recommend going to see him you'll regret it if you don't.

I remember the 91 gig very well, it was mad...just mad. I would like to say it was my first ever gig because that would be cool but unfortunately that was Bon Jovi at Wembley Arena the previous year, not my fault some of my mates were going and one dropped out I took his place (or at least thats the story I'm sticking with).

:giggle: You'll be fine, he's touring again, I would definately recommend going to see him you'll regret it if you don't.

I remember the 91 gig very well, it was mad...just mad. I would like to say it was my first ever gig because that would be cool but unfortunately that was Bon Jovi at Wembley Arena the previous year, not my fault some of my mates were going and one dropped out I took his place (or at least thats the story I'm sticking with).

Ho ho. It WAS the first gig I ever went to, and it's still the best - I've never seen so many people going mental in a non-scary way. Seen him since in Sheffield, Nottingham and Brum, but pretty much given up now as getting tickets is too much of a pain in the arse.

From what I've heard of the album so far, I really like it, but then again, I've liked them all so I'm probably not the right person to make a judgement

I need to do it don't I. I did say I wanted to see him live before I am gone from this unhappy planet.

went to glastonbury with the sole intention of seeing him, but he backed out/bottled out (it was the NF era) and he was replaced by JAMES so it wasn't all bad

I was at Finsbury Park when that kicked off - and at that Glastonbury with my Old English Sheepdog.

Archived