Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

New Morrissey Album - Years of Refusal

I need to do it don't I. I did say I wanted to see him live before I am gone from this unhappy planet.

Yes you do. I had the same feeling about springsteen and Pearl Jam, I hope you react better than I did when I finally saw Pearl Jam a couple of years ago, when they hit the first note I started to cry...What a muppet.

Ho ho. It WAS the first gig I ever went to, and it's still the best - I've never seen so many people going mental in a non-scary way. Seen him since in Sheffield, Nottingham and Brum, but pretty much given up now as getting tickets is too much of a pain in the arse.

From what I've heard of the album so far, I really like it, but then again, I've liked them all so I'm probably not the right person to make a judgement

Wow thats weird, 18 years later and who knows maybe we bumped into each other in the pit all those years ago.

I saw the Smiths in 1983 or 1984 at Leicester Uni about a week before the first album came out

Got into the dressing room after the gig and had the opportunity to speak to Morrissey but didn't have a clue what to say

I mumbled " What's the new album like" Well he was hardly going to say it was shit was he

Not for the last time in his life he must have thought - Tool

I saw the Smiths in 1983 or 1984 at Leicester Uni about a week before the first album came out

Got into the dressing room after the gig and had the opportunity to speak to Morrissey but didn't have a clue what to say

I mumbled " What's the new album like" Well he was hardly going to say it was shit was he

I'm not jealous at all. >_<

BTW there was an hour long interview with Morrissey on MTV2 last night it may be repeated.

This was probably 16th Feb 84 it was the 5th date of their first ever proper tour.

I first saw them at Portsmouth Poly on Nov 10th 83 at one of the warm up gigs for the tour. :thumbup:

This was probably 16th Feb 84 it was the 5th date of their first ever proper tour.

I first saw them at Portsmouth Poly on Nov 10th 83 at one of the warm up gigs for the tour. :thumbup:

Having listened to it eight or nine times now I can safely say that I love it. Better than the last one, I'm certain

Damn it! I knew there was something I had to do, my head has been all over the place recently. It's at the top of my 'to do' list now.

went to glastonbury with the sole intention of seeing him, but he backed out/bottled out (it was the NF era) and he was replaced by JAMES so it wasn't all bad

me too :thumbup: - although i didn't rate james much :(

Yes you do. I had the same feeling about springsteen and Pearl Jam, I hope you react better than I did when I finally saw Pearl Jam a couple of years ago, when they hit the first note I started to cry...What a muppet.

when i first saw brian wilson live, i sobbed for the first 45 minutes, i just never thought in a million years he'd ever tour, and then there he was in the same building...

of course now he's a touring whore (thank god)...

as for the mozza album, i haven't heard it or it's predecessor, in fact i haven't listened to much moz or the smiths for ages - kinda lost interest if i'm perfectly honest... although, if my record player hadn't died, i wouldn't mind listening to Vauxhall and I...

• 3 weeks later...
Having listened to it eight or nine times now I can safely say that I love it. Better than the last one, I'm certain

Agreed. :thumbup:

The DVD with Russell Brand is quite amusing too. :)

• 1 month later...
Just as well. :thumbup:

I'm going to his 50th birthday do in Manchester next week.

when you say 'do' does that mean a gig , in manchester that is on his 50th birthday, or is it all round to steven's for (vegetarian) jelly and ice cream? ;)

Archived