Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Summer Sundae 09

To be fair I don't think it's aimed at you and your buddies Ash.

This line up has suprised me, this has to be one of the best yet. Signs that the festival is only gonna get bigger :) Can't wait to see The Streets and Bon Iver in Leicester!

HAHAHA, What a borefest :rolleyes: Leicester will never get any decent music acts.

Years ago we got massive bands like Oasis now we get some NME rejects.

No Bob Dylan either :giggle:

HAHAHA, What a borefest :rolleyes: Leicester will never get any decent music acts.

The line-up for this and previous events suggest otherwise.

On a side note, the charming ditty in your sig (which will delight Uncle Albert and other forum scousophiles..lol) is better than anything the Gallaghers have come up with in the last decade.

I hear there's going to be a fringe festival again this summer.

Hope it's better publicised than the one last year...

There is, run by the same peeps as in previous years at Firebug again (i think)

Minaars and Maybeshewill are playing if i remember rightly.

Die in a hole. ****.

The Charlotte Got Oasis when they were relatively small , when have they ever played Leicester since ??? :dunno:

I agree we dont attract the biggest bands but we havent got a premier music venue that caters for indie/pop and that can hold over 10,000 .

and before anyone says the walkers im pretty sure that avenues been explored and nothing has come of it

Personally I think this SSW line up is class , guess youre still stuck in the 1990s :frusty:

The Charlotte Got Oasis when they were relatively small , when have they ever played Leicester since ??? :dunno:

I agree we dont attract the biggest bands but we havent got a premier music venue that caters for indie/pop and that can hold over 10,000 .

and before anyone says the walkers im pretty sure that avenues been explored and nothing has come of it

Personally I think this SSW line up is class , guess youre still stuck in the 1990s :frusty:

Apparently it's not safe to hold musical events.

Go to the website and select book now - www.summersundae.co.uk

If i were you i'd get an U15's ticket - it's about half the price.

EDIT: Get involved Jakey!

Do i need id or owt as im 16 now :whistle:

But if you dont thats sound as i look about 12.

Where to even begin? What about with the addition of the inimitable Jenny Lewis, in her only UK festival appearance this year? We can also announce that The Airborne Toxic Event have joined the bill. You may not have heard the name, but you certainly would have heard their ubiquitous hit single “Sometime Around Midnight”, a perfect exemplar of their knack of combining heart destroying lyrics with grand, uplifting rock and roll. Speaking of which, the immortal Idlewild are back, and hitting up Leicester with the full force of their spiky, effervescent brand of rock. This year’s festival will also see the return of the New Beautiful South, down a member but no less gloriously melodic and beautiful than before.

Which is not to say there won’t be music to dance to. Enter Mr Hudson, riding a wave of Kanye West approved hype. The irrepressible Filthy Dukes, will be bringing their distinctive blend of “electroacidhousenuravetwisteddiscopunkfunk” (their words) to Leicester, along with hip hop rudeboys Kid British, widely hailed as the best new band in Manchester. Flashguns will also be storming the stages, as will the deliciously louche, wildly addictive retro pop stylings of The Cheek (or Cheeky Cheeky and the Nosebleeds, as they used to be known) and rough and ready Scottish indie types The Dykeenies.

And of course, Drowned in Sound have made their first round of announcements, and they are the staggering triumvirate of Fanfarlo, My Latest Novel and Dananananakroyd. Marvellously inventive, gloriously romantic, and wildly unconventional, respectively, and a perfect start to what is sure to be an unforgettable lineup.

For those who need a breather, there’s mellower, lushly beautiful stylings from the legendary likes of 27-year old folk wunderkind Devon Sproule, the wickedly acerbic and highly original Emmy the Great, and the quirkily innovative singer-songwriter David Thomas Broughton, who uses samples, looped guitars and drum machines to create his idiosyncratic vein of folk music.

And there’s much more besides. For something a little different, check out Easy Star All Stars, reggae musicians who “reinterpret” seminal albums like Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon” and Radiohead’s “OK Computer” in their own offbeat dub style, or the Israeli garage rock racket of Monotonix. And don’t forget the Phrased and Confused stage either, with performances from hotly tipped UK chanteuse Beth Jeans Houghton and Transgressive Records poster boy Jeremy Warmsley, among others.

Added all up, it becomes one of the most thrilling and compelling festival lineups you’re likely to find anywhere this summer. Time to book that ticket to Leicester? You know it…

:D :D :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Seriously tempted to go to this now. Smuts, is there a list of who's playing on which day? I can't actually find anything anywhere.

It's not been split by dates yet i don't think but there's a list of who's headlining on the website.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived