Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Summer Sundae 09

I'd need to see more than that to be convinced into going this year. Last one I went to was when Belle and Sebastian headlined the sunday. Them and the Buzzcocks were really good that night.

Thats the last one i went too as well. I remember tripping balls to DJ Format. Good times.

That same yearwas Little Man Tate, Jamie T and Larrikin Love :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

Next Batch

Saint Etienne are set to light up Summer Sundae on Saturday evening with a greatest hits set. Blending Italian house piano magic, French disko bleeps & beats, Swedish flair and German adventure, it’s sophisticated, blissed-out dance music at its finest.

From one legend to some legendary acts in the making; Noisettes renowned for their lavish stage shows, Micachu is a precociously talented newcomer, tipped by Radio 1 as ‘one to watch’ Dan Black, The Joy Formidable has NME in love with their irresistible 20-something indie pop, and James Yuill, whose bucolic folk has drawn comparisons to the likes of Jose Gonzales who starred in last year’s festivities!

Singer songwriters will also be making their mark. Talented tunesmith Karima Francis picked by Observer Music Monthly as one of the top 10 acts to watch of 2009, British songwriter Frank Turner delivers songs in the same rich vein as Billy Brag, while Teitur is a songwriter whose wry and quirkily observed melodies are certainly not to be missed. Meanwhile, Woodpigeon have been touted as Calgary’s answer to Sufjan Stevens.

In addition, Ninjatune’s The Qemists inject a heavy dose of drum ‘n’ bass, instrumental post-rock dance hybrid 65daysofstatic create something altogether more cerebral, Oi Va Voi have always been prepared to take risks and rip up the rule, while Jim Jones Revue and whirling dervish Imelda May let the good times roll with their high octane psychobilly and rock & roll shows.

Early Bird Tickets are still available until March 31st so get in quickly to take advantage of the biggest, most exciting Summer Sundae Weekender to date

Noisettes, Micachu, The Joy Formidable, Frank Turner and Saint Etienne - i love Summer Sundae.

Fez get involved, were going.

Aaaargh.

I've always fancied this, but never made it. Now my all-time favouritest band everever Saint Etienne show up and I'm at a frickin' wedding in the middle of nowhere about 5 hours away.

Just massively shit timing.

bless, i've seen them loads and, literally, bumped into sarah cracknell on holloway road.

best time i saw them? at the london equinox nightclub with pulp supporting :thumbsup:

Aaaargh.

I've always fancied this, but never made it. Now my all-time favouritest band everever Saint Etienne show up and I'm at a frickin' wedding in the middle of nowhere about 5 hours away.

Just massively shit timing.

Saw them at The Charlotte many moons ago, with Salad as their support band. I was in rapture with both lead singers! :wub:

bless, i've seen them loads and, literally, bumped into sarah cracknell on holloway road.

best time i saw them? at the london equinox nightclub with pulp supporting :thumbsup:

Seen them both once individually - together is quite something. Pulp supporting the Et? Must have been early 90's? Wow - what a gig!

Never had the pleasure of meeting Ms Cracknell. I had to make do with Gerard who was on keyboards that night. A poor replacement. Nice bloke though.

Saw them at The Charlotte many moons ago, with Salad as their support band. I was in rapture with both lead singers! :wub:

Another double whammy. I was listening to 'Drink Me' the other day - a really good album. The lead singer was quite striking wasn't she? A model or something.

Really disappointed to be missing Saint Etienne - twenty years since they released 'Only Love....' - I can't see them touring much more; they rarely make it out of the capital as it is....

Seen them both once individually - together is quite something. Pulp supporting the Et? Must have been early 90's? Wow - what a gig!

i'm guessing 92 - mark lamarr was there too, wandering around like a lost little puppy...

and such a cheesy venue, just perfect, apart from the mid set power cut!

• 4 weeks later...
Mystery Jets will be announced tommorrow.

You heard it here first ...

:cool:

…and they are real peaches. Behold! Quirk pop heroes Mystery Jets are playing just before The Streets on Friday, for a night of unpredictable fun. Ubiquitous Brooklyn hipsters Chairlift will also hit the Leicester stage, as will Broken Records, aka Glasgow’s answer to Arcade Fire (what? They really are that good), Port O’ Brien and their heart breakingly frayed strain of folk, and crunchy rock behemoths Future of the Left. You want new, emergent talent? Check out the wonky disco shapes of Ou Est Le Swimming Pool (the name alone warrants the price of admission), the pastoral folk pop of The Yellow Moon Band, and the delicate, achingly fragile warblings of Devon’s own John Smith. And you want cast-iron heroes? Then check out Horace Andy and Ashley Beedle and Hugh Cornwell (you may know him from a little band called The Stranglers) in rare live action.

Announced this morning. I run tings.

:cool:

…and they are real peaches. Behold! Quirk pop heroes Mystery Jets are playing just before The Streets on Friday, for a night of unpredictable fun. Ubiquitous Brooklyn hipsters Chairlift will also hit the Leicester stage, as will Broken Records, aka Glasgow’s answer to Arcade Fire (what? They really are that good), Port O’ Brien and their heart breakingly frayed strain of folk, and crunchy rock behemoths Future of the Left. You want new, emergent talent? Check out the wonky disco shapes of Ou Est Le Swimming Pool (the name alone warrants the price of admission), the pastoral folk pop of The Yellow Moon Band, and the delicate, achingly fragile warblings of Devon’s own John Smith. And you want cast-iron heroes? Then check out Horace Andy and Ashley Beedle and Hugh Cornwell (you may know him from a little band called The Stranglers) in rare live action.

Announced this morning. I run tings.

i hate music journalism.

i mean, are people still actually describing bands as 'rock behemoths', and anyone who thinks 'ou est le swimming pool' is a brilliant name, must be about nine years old.

feeble.

NB: i hope you didn't write this smuts...oopsie.

Archived