Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Derby vs. Leicester

great result by the boys but it sounds as though we were bloody lucky. not getting too carried away. i think we need to sort the midfield and left side out. sounds as though we were getting over run for a lot of the game. anyhow, 3 points for the BLUE ARMY. well done boys!

something promising that came out of the match appeared to be gillespies performance. on several occasions he skinned a player and put in a dangerous cross. maybe the guy is going to be up for it this season. i only listened on the radio but he sounded good.

Joey has his international clearance and is on the bench :D

Subs: Pressman, Gillespie, Gemmill, Benjamin, Gudjonsson

****ing Typical.

you were saying????

BENJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I was saying? I said weeks ago we only needed Benjamin there was no need for Blake as well. So having both of them in the 16 man squad is a disaster. I prefer Benjamin over Blake and i said this ever since we was linked with him!

something promising that came out of the match appeared to be gillespies performance. on several occasions he skinned a player and put in a dangerous cross. maybe the guy is going to be up for it this season.

Well he is a proper winger, unlike someone else who we are used to seeing play right wing. Maybe the commentators were so shocked we were seeing some wing play they made him out to be playing amazing :blink::ph34r:

just because benjamin scores one goal doesnt mean that it wasnt worth signing blake. if we get a couple of injuries to strikers this season we will be grateful for him.

by the way birchenall said on 106 tonight that adams didnt think wright was ready for first team football yet. i dont want to open this debate up again as i have all faith in micky that he's knows what he's doing.

He'll never be ready in Mickys eyes, 20 years old next month FFS.

Blake said himself he is nowhere near match fitness, yet he starts ahead of Benjamin whos at least had a pre season, baffles me it really does. Oh well, we won.

You pick either Blake or Benjamin in the squad. By no means do you choose them both. I know many dont care but it stops youth progress, even though Micky has said we are going for a more youthful team this season, i guarantee we have the oldest team in the division again. I'm not wasting my time working it out as i shouldnt need to!

but who do you drop from the squad? I dont see how you can include wright when youve got players who done more than him at this level.

no none, cos this is a long hard and tiring league. injurys and suspensions will come up, and twight will be given his chance.

if wright start banging in the goals for the reserves on a regular basis then fine call him up but he hasnt really excelled in the reserves has he? im all for seeing young players coming through but the guy trains everyday infront of micky adams so he's obviously not impressing enough.

He was automaically made 6th choice striker after the signing of Blake, fantastic way of putting him down i have to say after how he was performing pre season - Micky still felt the need to add another has been, and its way too fair calling him that.

Good result tonight though.

You pick either Blake or Benjamin in the squad. By no means do you choose them both. I know many dont care but it stops youth progress, even though Micky has said we are going for a more youthful team this season, i guarantee we have the oldest team in the division again. I'm not wasting my time working it out as i shouldnt need to!

sherringham and keown are the same age aint they? done no research though, cant be bothered at the moent <_<

Yes they are, and your point is?

both players are quality and still are, as teddy showed last night by scoring last night.

as i've been saying wright will get his chance and it will be upto him to take it.

it dont matter if there are 6 strikers competing for 2/3 places beacause it makes for good competition. micky knows what he is doing, and he will introduce youth when he see's the time is right.

If Tommy wright was good enough to play or be on the bench he would be.Micky is picking a squad to win a game not develop the youth system.Would Tommy Wright have banged in the winner had he come on ?who knows but Micky sees them every day training & he prefers Trev & that's good enough for me he did the bizz last time we went up & looks like carrying on again this time.

Archived