Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

20 songs in 10 minutes!

MrsG's band Coloured Vinyl has written and produced an album of mixed genre Pop, Rock, Retro and Soul love songs and needs your help to pick two singles.

Follow the link and you can hear 30 second clips of the 20 songs and then vote for your top 2.

Listen & Vote Here:- http://colouredvinyl.com/Pick%20the%20Colo...%20Singles.html

All the background to the band and the song lyrics on their website HERE

Any feedback welcomed.

Not my thing at all so doubt I would be much help but voted anyway. :thumbup:

Thanks Mate, that's all I wanted. I'm wondering what your thing is now :giggle: There is a lot of different stuff on ours hard, soft, synth and real instruments, lots of hooky riffs and solos etc but the theme is a bit girly so maybe that ain't your thang :thumbup:

Jilly G

I've voted for 1: Insatiable and 2: Never Had a Rocker.

It was a toss up between them two and Dancing Into the Truth and Waiting for the Coronation as I think these four are more single material cos I think they would be more likely to catch the ear of folk who aren't necessarily into that kind of music and maybe generate some interest from neutral music fans. If that makes sense! :D

There were 3 songs that my player wouldn't let me listen to though

I've voted for 1: Insatiable and 2: Never Had a Rocker.

It was a toss up between them two and Dancing Into the Truth and Waiting for the Coronation as I think these four are more single material cos I think they would be more likely to catch the ear of folk who aren't necessarily into that kind of music and maybe generate some interest from neutral music fans. If that makes sense! :D

There were 3 songs that my player wouldn't let me listen to though

This was really helpful, thanks for your time and feedback El. I hate the Dancing one personally but it's my bandmate's favourite (he did the words I did the music)

Cheers Jilly (Coloured Vinyl)

NB this was the show Valarenga told Facebook about but I haven't had his feedback yet :rolleyes:

Thanks Mate, that's all I wanted. I'm wondering what your thing is now :giggle: There is a lot of different stuff on ours hard, soft, synth and real instruments, lots of hooky riffs and solos etc but the theme is a bit girly so maybe that ain't your thang :thumbup:

Jilly G

Sorry for being so vague, the two tunes which I voted for were Insatiable and Black Is The Sun. Black is the sun reminded me of "The Ballad Of Tom Jones" By Space feat Catonia which can only be a good thing :thumbup:

To be honest I like music across the board and didn't meant it in to come across negative it's just im more into the electronic side of things. Saying that I listen to anything from Twisted Individual to Jesus Christ Superstar Soundtrack lol

Your music is good and very catchy but not the sort of thing I would normally listen to so I just felt maybe my vote might not be of the greatest help but maybe as an outsider voting you get a different perspective of what people are into.

Keep up the goodwork and hope your succesfull ;)

Thanks again, no reply is negative, I'm actually amazed at the number of hits I got. I moderate at a large music site and it sees less action than this :closedeyes:

I am all electronic and I do everything from Skits to Ska - but this is a sort of concept album themed around emotion stuff. The next one will be HOT Rock hopefully.

We sold 2 but have a line of friends wanting freebies...by the time CD Baby take their $4 off and you cover the production expenses there ain't much left - plus buyers outside the US have to add $6.84 to their bill which is kinda off-putting

Ta Jilly x

Thanks again, no reply is negative, I'm actually amazed at the number of hits I got. I moderate at a large music site and it sees less action than this :closedeyes:

I am all electronic and I do everything from Skits to Ska - but this is a sort of concept album themed around emotion stuff. The next one will be HOT Rock hopefully.

We sold 2 but have a line of friends wanting freebies...by the time CD Baby take their $4 off and you cover the production expenses there ain't much left - plus buyers outside the US have to add $6.84 to their bill which is kinda off-putting

Ta Jilly x

Im guessing your selling a physical product (cd)?

Unfortunately with how the music industry is panning out your best bet is to sell as a downloadable album/singles.

Give the end user the opportunity to buy a single for say £0.99/$1.50 and then have the price of the album at a rate that would be cheaper than buying the singles separately.

Im sure you can get onto itunes, amazon, tunetribe etc

That way you take the majority of the cut (about 80-90% I believe) and it means no overheads and shipping costs. Plus advertising is free via forums and music sites.

Then get yourself a myspace, facebook account and spam as many people as possible with links to where they can download the tunes.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Im guessing your selling a physical product (cd)?

Unfortunately with how the music industry is panning out your best bet is to sell as a downloadable album/singles.

Give the end user the opportunity to buy a single for say £0.99/$1.50 and then have the price of the album at a rate that would be cheaper than buying the singles separately.

Im sure you can get onto itunes, amazon, tunetribe etc

That way you take the majority of the cut (about 80-90% I believe) and it means no overheads and shipping costs. Plus advertising is free via forums and music sites.

Then get yourself a myspace, facebook account and spam as many people as possible with links to where they can download the tunes.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Yeah, I think you're spot on there and the singles we decide on will all be downloads, it's just that the concept of making music like in the days of actual coloured vinyl appealed as a little fight back against the current trends - ideally we'd have recreated an actual old vinyl 45. There are CD purists out there, just have to find them. We need a champion and a gimmick really. I think my gimmick is producing stuff like this at my age...bearing in mind I'm married to DavieG :crylaugh: Thanks again - Jilly

Yeah, I think you're spot on there and the singles we decide on will all be downloads, it's just that the concept of making music like in the days of actual coloured vinyl appealed as a little fight back against the current trends - ideally we'd have recreated an actual old vinyl 45. There are CD purists out there, just have to find them. We need a champion and a gimmick really. I think my gimmick is producing stuff like this at my age...bearing in mind I'm married to DavieG :crylaugh: Thanks again - Jilly

Don't get me wrong it's vinyl all the way for me also. Im a vinyl collector myself and have boxes full taking all my room up.

In an ideal world all music would be released on vinyl as like you mentioned it is so much nicer in terms of a actual collectable item.

For me its the warmth and the frequency response on vinyl which is why Im in love with the medium and find cd's very flat and overly compressed.

These days to break even with vinyl you need to be looking at selling around the 500 mark and if it's coloured vinyl a little more as production costs are slightly higher.

Only get your tracks pressed onto vinyl if you know you can guarantee to sell them or you will be left with 20 boxes of vinyl in the garage. It might be worth approaching a few distributors and if they are feeling your stuff they might take you on a p+d deal which means they front all the costs and the risk is on there shoulders. They will manufacture, manage and distribute your music and will recoup all costs until overheads are covered and then after that they will take a small cut from each unit sold. Only do this if your doing it for the love because unfortunately your returns will probably be ample, but it gets you exposure.

You would be surprised how much stuff still sells on vinyl these days. The whole drum and bass/dubstep/nu jazz/breaks scenes still release predominately on vinyl.

Tja, I had to go for one of scott's tracks i'm afraid - the magnet one, but great to get to hear what you'd done (at last), will make sure i get myself a CD :thumbup:

Insatiable was the most voted song and is now showing on 5 Stations at "Independent Artists Company" Magnet may well be the next Valarenga, but it's neck and neck with Italy and It comes when it comes. Thanks again everyone.

http://iacmusic.com/songs.aspx?SongID=7313...;ArtistID=94436 Click on this link to hear the whole of "Insatiable" the single you voted for from Coloured Vinyl (Jilly and Scott)

• 1 month later...
MrsG's band Coloured Vinyl has written and produced an album of mixed genre Pop, Rock, Retro and Soul love songs and needs your help to pick two singles.

Follow the link and you can hear 30 second clips of the 20 songs and then vote for your top 2.

Listen & Vote Here:- http://colouredvinyl.com/Pick%20the%20Colo...%20Singles.html

All the background to the band and the song lyrics on their website HERE

Any feedback welcomed.

Twenty songs in ten minutes. I can believe it. I reckon all of todays songs are churned out at yhat level. What crass. crap , garbage you lot put up with. Sixties rules and rolls on and on.

Twenty songs in ten minutes. I can believe it. I reckon all of todays songs are churned out at yhat level. What crass. crap , garbage you lot put up with. Sixties rules and rolls on and on.

Ha.

Davieg is one of the 'veterans' of the board, genius.

Archived