Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Fan struck by a bottle

A football fan received a suspected broken skull during violent clashes involving up to 100 rival supporters, police said.

Trouble flared at a pub in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, before a Conference North match between Nuneaton Borough and Kettering Town.

A 38-year-old Kettering man was said to be "stable" at hospital in Coventry after being struck by a bottle.

More than 80 officers from three forces dealt with the clashes.

A 35-year-old Kettering man was treated for facial injuries at hospital in Nuneaton.

Two men from Warwickshire were arrested in connection with a minor incident after the match, which Nuneaton won 2-0.

Hope he gets better soon, absolutely pathetic. :mad::ph34r::rolleyes::( <_<

Well done to Kettering though for getting into the playoffs, let's hope we can beat Droylsdon tomorrow, think i might go. :):):):):)

Twats! :mad:

I'm guessing the trouble happened in the Cock and Bear pub :rolleyes:

However on the footballing side - Message To Craig;

BORO BORO BORO...BORO BORO BOROUUUUUGH

2-0 TO THE BORO :thumbup:

-Only joking mate!

-Only joking mate!

101790[/snapback]

We are going up, say we are going up! :wave:

-Only joking mate!

101790[/snapback]

101838[/snapback]

1 Southport

2 Nuneaton 42 13 3 5 29 17 12 3 6 39 28 23 81

3 Droylsden 

4 Kettering 42 10 4 7 22 21 11 3 7 34 29 6 70

5 Altrincham

6 Harrogate Town

7 Worcester 

8 Stafford Rangers

9 Redditch

10 Hucknall

11 Gainsborough

12 Hinckley Utd

13 Lancaster City

14 Alfreton Town

15 Vauxhall Motors

16 Barrow

17 Worksop

18 Moor Green

19 Stalybridge

20 Runcorn 

21 Ashton Utd

22 Bradford PA

...So are we mate!

YOU WHAT? YOU WHAT? YOU WHAT YOU WHAT YOU WHAT?!?!?!?

[11 points ahead] Are the top 2 teams automatic promtion or is it just 1st team? The rest are playoffs?

Oh well lets just agree on 1 thing Craig...Hinckley ain't going anywhere! :thumbup:

-Only joking mate!

101790[/snapback]

101838[/snapback]

1 Southport

3 Droylsden 

5 Altrincham

6 Harrogate Town

7 Worcester 

8 Stafford Rangers

9 Redditch

10 Hucknall

11 Gainsborough

12 Hinckley Utd

13 Lancaster City

14 Alfreton Town

15 Vauxhall Motors

16 Barrow

17 Worksop

18 Moor Green

19 Stalybridge

20 Runcorn 

21 Ashton Utd

22 Bradford PA

...So are we mate!

[11 points ahead] Are the top 2 teams automatic promtion or is it just 1st team? The rest are playoffs?

Oh well lets just agree on 1 thing Craig...Hinckley ain't going anywhere! :thumbup:

101932[/snapback]

Top team goes up, 2nd to 5th go into the playoffs.

The winners of the conference north playoffs then play the winners of the conference south playoffs in the big final to decide who gains promotion.

-Only joking mate!

101790[/snapback]

101838[/snapback]

1 Southport

3 Droylsden 

5 Altrincham

6 Harrogate Town

7 Worcester 

8 Stafford Rangers

9 Redditch

10 Hucknall

11 Gainsborough

12 Hinckley Utd

13 Lancaster City

14 Alfreton Town

15 Vauxhall Motors

16 Barrow

17 Worksop

18 Moor Green

19 Stalybridge

20 Runcorn 

21 Ashton Utd

22 Bradford PA

...So are we mate!

101932[/snapback]

The winners of the conference north playoffs then play the winners of the conference south playoffs in the big final to decide who gains promotion.

101976[/snapback]

C'MON BORO! Might go and watch some of the play-off games, I've been depressed watching Leicester all season (depressed at how bad they have been through alot of games this season) and now i'll be depressed because theres no football till August so might as well watch Nuneaton in the coming weeks...I'll just have to watch I don't get hit by a bottle... :rolleyes::unsure:

P.S; Did you go and watch Kettering Craig? What was the score?

-Only joking mate!

101790[/snapback]

101838[/snapback]

1 Southport

3 Droylsden 

5 Altrincham

6 Harrogate Town

7 Worcester 

8 Stafford Rangers

9 Redditch

10 Hucknall

11 Gainsborough

12 Hinckley Utd

13 Lancaster City

14 Alfreton Town

15 Vauxhall Motors

16 Barrow

17 Worksop

18 Moor Green

19 Stalybridge

20 Runcorn 

21 Ashton Utd

22 Bradford PA

...So are we mate!

101932[/snapback]

101976[/snapback]

C'MON BORO! Might go and watch some of the play-off games, I've been depressed watching Leicester all season (depressed at how bad they have been through alot of games this season) and now i'll be depressed because theres no football till August so might as well watch Nuneaton in the coming weeks...I'll just have to watch I don't get hit by a bottle... :rolleyes::unsure:

P.S; Did you go and watch Kettering Craig? What was the score?

102226[/snapback]

We won 2-1 :D

We're into the north final vs you or altrincham on saturday (im in #### plymouth tho :angry::( ), the winner then playing at the Britannia Stadium in a copuple of weeks i think :)

Kettering Kettering Kettering :whistle:

Yeah just read in the Evening News (local paper) we play you if we beat Altricham (who we play tonight)

Where's the game gonna be played if we win and play you? Please be Nuneaton again (without the trouble) I will go if we get through and play Kettering if its in Nuneaton.

-Was speaking about the trouble at work and someone was saying the best the bloke can hope to come out with is Brain Damage.

Very sad news, what wankers we have that go to football matches?! :mad:

-The pub the trouble started at was actually The Nags Head not the Cock and Bear, the trouble then went into Nuneaton town and reached Yates wine bar.

Yeah just read in the Evening News (local paper) we play you if we beat Altricham (who we play tonight)

Where's the game gonna be played if we win and play you? Please be Nuneaton again (without the trouble) I will go if we get through and play Kettering if its in Nuneaton.

-Was speaking about the trouble at work and someone was saying the best the bloke can hope to come out with is Brain Damage.

-The pub the trouble started at was actually The Nags Head not the Cock and Bear, the trouble then went into Nuneaton town and reached Yates wine bar.

102614[/snapback]

Kettering vs Altrincham

:wave::smile:

102614[/snapback]

Kettering vs Altrincham

102831[/snapback]

:mad: Come on Altrincham! (Just to keep Craig quiet :rolleyes:) but out of spite for Altrincham - Come on Kettering, to be honest I don't care who wins :rolleyes:lol

I'd be saying different if Kettering or another team were in the same posistion but all/most other division top 2 go up automatically then the third team goes into the playoffs - Nuneaton have obviously been second best in the division most of the season (Nuneaton have been fighting with first pretty much all season) we we're something like 10 points clear and thats over a whole season...then we lose promotion thanks to penalties :angry:

Oh well I can almost guarentee i'd wouldn't be saying this it happenend to Kettering or other teams...just shows the harsh reality and how anything can happen in the playoffs :rolleyes:

102614[/snapback]

Kettering vs Altrincham

102831[/snapback]

:mad: Come on Altrincham! (Just to keep Craig quiet :rolleyes:) but out of spite for Altrincham - Come on Kettering, to be honest I don't care who wins :rolleyes:lol

I'd be saying different if Kettering or another team were in the same posistion but all/most other division top 2 go up automatically then the third team goes into the playoffs - Nuneaton have obviously been second best in the division most of the season (Nuneaton have been fighting with first pretty much all season) we we're something like 10 points clear and thats over a whole season...then we lose promotion thanks to penalties :angry:

Oh well I can almost guarentee i'd wouldn't be saying this it happenend to Kettering or other teams...just shows the harsh reality and how anything can happen in the playoffs :rolleyes:

103065[/snapback]

We were actually top two until christmas time, then we fell away a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
Big deal.

113336[/snapback]

Yeah I spose thats what Chelsea/Arsenal/Man Utd fans, e.t.c think about the Championship playoffs, or even the championship as a league. :rolleyes::nono:

113340[/snapback]

I was actually talking about the topic in hand, not the bollocks you're chatting about.

Big deal.

113336[/snapback]

Yeah I spose thats what Chelsea/Arsenal/Man Utd fans, e.t.c think about the Championship playoffs, or even the championship as a league. :rolleyes::nono:

113340[/snapback]

I was actually talking about the topic in hand, not the bollocks you're chatting about.

113344[/snapback]

Which topic in hand? The subject of the initional thread (The bloke getting hit?) or the topic of whos in the playoffs?

Bit harsh if your talking about the bloke who got hit

...and if your talking about the playoffs why are you getting so overprotective off my comparison? Is it because you have intrest in the championship? We surly you would feel the same if you had intrest in the Conference, e.t.c... :huh:

...Here a tip for you FNQ - Stop trying to be like Freund, it don't suit you :rolleyes:

Big deal.

113336[/snapback]

113340[/snapback]

113344[/snapback]

Which topic in hand? The subject of the initional thread (The bloke getting hit?) or the topic of whos in the playoffs?

...and if your talking about the playoffs why are you getting so overprotective off my comparison? Is it because you have intrest in the championship? We surly you would feel the same if you had intrest in the Conference, e.t.c... :huh:

...Here a tip for you FNQ - Stop trying to be like Freund, it don't suit you :rolleyes:

113348[/snapback]

I am talking about the topic in hand, as in this topic, as in 'fan struck by a bottle'.

Trying to be like Freund - What the hell are you talking about?

Big deal.

113336[/snapback]

113340[/snapback]

113344[/snapback]

113348[/snapback]

I am talking about the topic in hand, as in this topic, as in 'fan struck by a bottle'.

113350[/snapback]

Someone was lying in hospital seriously injured, best he was likely to come out with was Brain Damage and your response is "Big Deal"?!?!?! What a fukin willy puller you are! :mad::mad::mad:

And you want you want to know what I mean by stop being like Freund...I mean drop the attitude, which has obviously just be highlighted in what i've wrote above....

Big deal.

113336[/snapback]

113340[/snapback]

113344[/snapback]

113348[/snapback]

113350[/snapback]

Someone was lying in hospital seriously injured, best he was likely to come out with was Brain Damage and your response is "Big Deal"?!?!?! What a fukin willy puller you are! :mad::mad::mad:

And you want you want to know what I mean by stop being like Freund...I mean drop the attitude, which has obviously just be highlighted in what i've wrote above....

113351[/snapback]

How do you know he is brain damaged? I, ofcourse, hope he makes a full recovery. I don't think it's a particullarly big deal that a fan is 'struck by a bottle'.

So sorry If I offended you.

Does anyone know when this game was? I was down the George Elliott Hospital on the Saturday (the day before we played Leeds) and loads of football fans came in with injuries from riots/fights. The armed Police arrived and it was proper tense. Was this the same incident or is it becoming a common occurrence on the streets of Nuneaton :nono:

Oh and FNQ, sod of you tw*t your a disgrace to this forum, some of the people at the hospital were innocent fans.

Guest freund
Big deal.

113336[/snapback]

113340[/snapback]

113344[/snapback]

113348[/snapback]

i wouldnt say anything so tasteless :o

Archived