Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

60's music was great, everything else is rubbish

Not really, just telling the truth thats all. If you dont like, then tough shit.

There's no 'truth'. And if you don't think there's quality music being made today, it just shows that you're too lazy to have a look around :thumbup:

Got better things to than waste my time on a wild goose chase.

How about you stop wasting your time trying to convince everyone else to believe the same as you.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmightbeagoodideaehmayttttt.

How about you stop wasting your time trying to convince everyone else to believe the same as you.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmightbeagoodideaehmayttttt.

[/quote

I got the time pal.no problem. Just had to start putting up with my step daughter playing one of Simple Plan cds. It aint playing now though, cause I just took the shite off. Shes been told not to play her muck in my house.

Now, where were we? Talking about wasting time to convince people. I am not trying to convince anyone about anything, just stating the facts thats all. Wouldnt dream of trying to deprive you of your "fantastic" bands. No sir, not at all. As long as I dont have to put up with it, there is no problem. :innocent::innocent:

I got the time pal.no problem. Just had to start putting up with my step daughter playing one of Simple Plan cds. It aint playing now though, cause I just took the shite off. Shes been told not to play her muck in my house.

Now, where were we? Talking about wasting time to convince people. I am not trying to convince anyone about anything, just stating the facts thats all. Wouldnt dream of trying to deprive you of your "fantastic" bands. No sir, not at all. As long as I dont have to put up with it, there is no problem. :innocent::innocent:

Bet she loves you eh.

Act your age, kid.

Got better things to than waste my time on a wild goose chase.

It just means you're lazy AND arrogant then. I could easily say that music hasn't improved since the classical period. As much as I like Pink Floyd, they're not a patch on the geniusses of those days. But if you choose to be a musically pretentious and narrow-minded git, then that's your loss, not ours.

It just means you're lazy AND arrogant then. I could easily say that music hasn't improved since the classical period. As much as I like Pink Floyd, they're not a patch on the geniusses of those days. But if you choose to be a musically pretentious and narrow-minded git, then that's your loss, not ours.

Your entitled to your opinion, just the same as me. Slag me off all you like, it simply doesnt bother me one little bit. I might come across as arrogant, and maybe I am, but so what? Where do you get the idea that I am lazy from? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thats really funny.

Your entitled to your opinion, just the same as me. Slag me off all you like, it simply doesnt bother me one little bit. I might come across as arrogant, and maybe I am, but so what? Where do you get the idea that I am lazy from? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thats really funny.

Because admittedly you have to look for the good music out there. It's not served on a plate like back in your 60s and 70s, and the fact you can't be bothered to look for it, and subsequently slag off contemporary music, is because you're arrogant and lazy :dunno:

Because admittedly you have to look for the good music out there. It's not served on a plate like back in your 60s and 70s, and the fact you can't be bothered to look for it, and subsequently slag off contemporary music, is because you're arrogant and lazy :dunno:

Wow! A real comedian Were you around in the sixties? If not, then why make an immature comment about music being served up on a plate? It most certainly wasnt, but this appears to be the case today. Go back to your playpen sonny and suck your dummy. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow! A real comedian Were you around in the sixties? If not, then why make an immature comment about music being served up on a plate? It most certainly wasnt, but this appears to be the case today. Go back to your playpen sonny and suck your dummy. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My point was that many of the 'mainstream' bands back then produced some very good music, and most of them would be household names today and rightfully so. Admittedly the 60s and 70s had their share of tripe too, but not on the same level as today. My argument is simply that most of todays 'mainstream'/readily accessible music is average or below par, but that doesn't mean that the good bands have disappeared, quite the opposite. As has been pointed out in other threads where you figure, you just have to scratch the surface a bit and lo behold, a lot of very interesting, innovative and not least talented bands appear. I can only assume why you paint all contemporary bands with the same brush, instead of moving out of your comfort zone and have a look around.

My point was that many of the 'mainstream' bands back then produced some very good music, and most of them would be household names today and rightfully so. Admittedly the 60s and 70s had their share of tripe too, but not on the same level as today. My argument is simply that most of todays 'mainstream'/readily accessible music is average or below par, but that doesn't mean that the good bands have disappeared, quite the opposite. As has been pointed out in other threads where you figure, you just have to scratch the surface a bit and lo behold, a lot of very interesting, innovative and not least talented bands appear. I can only assume why you paint all contemporary bands with the same brush, instead of moving out of your comfort zone and have a look around.

Now that is a much clearer and more adult reply. I take your point, but I have to say that about half my 60s music IS by bands I had to hunt down, and their names would not be known today This was music which was different, and superior in many ways, to some of the big names of the day. I can accept the fact that there must be some good music out there now,and if you find it and enjoy it, then good for you.

People are only resorting to insulting you because you're initiating that. If you want proper discussion, start it and it'll carry on.

[/quoteI acknowledge your words of wisdom, but I cannot, perhaps sadly, change my character. If I feel strongly about something, then I go the whole hog. Its just a me thing.

Oh who gives a toss about anything you say ? Your like a liverpool fan living on past glories. Half the bands you bang on about are dead or ought to be.

When one of your bands plays to 250,000 paying people for 2 nights, then i will give you respect.

Oh who gives a toss about anything you say ? Your like a liverpool fan living on past glories. Half the bands you bang on about are dead or ought to be.

When one of your bands plays to 250,000 paying people for 2 nights, then i will give you respect.

haha hats off mate. like it.

Like the Rolling Stones? Or the Who? :rolleyes:

Now that is a much clearer and more adult reply. I take your point, but I have to say that about half my 60s music IS by bands I had to hunt down, and their names would not be known today This was music which was different, and superior in many ways, to some of the big names of the day. I can accept the fact that there must be some good music out there now,and if you find it and enjoy it, then good for you.

So what exactly is your gripe with contemporary music? It shouldn't come as a surprise that most of the mainstream music isn't inspiring. However your earlier comment about music being more varied back then seems completely unfounded. As mentioned by James, there are a host of sub- and cross-genres that are taking music into so many different directions. Granted, you'll hear a lot of stuff that doesn't sound great, while other stuff will be quite challenging to your ear or to your perception of 'proper music'. But with so much going on, there's bound to be music being done now that even you should like, so why this conservative attitude?

But tell me, how succesful have Oasis been outside the UK, say compared to the Stones? Hmmm?

Even though Oasis are relatively big on the world stage, their fame has mainly revolved around their sales and popularity in the UK :dunno:

Archived