Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frenzied

Do you have any LCFC superstitions?

Just wondering if anyone has any special rituals or superstitions where Leicester City is concerned? I never bet on them as whenever I have they've lost.

Also when I was a kid, despite not being in the slightest bit religious, I would pray to God that we would score during games - usually the last five minutes when we were a goal down. :S

I remember when we were 2-1 up against ***est at the city ground a couple of seasons ago. For some reason the result took ages to come through on final score so as i was waiting i told my self that i had to hold my legs in a difficult position untill the final score came through and if the pain over came me and i dropped my legs then the score would be 2-2. I managed to hold my legs for ages but then i think jack lester scored to make it 2-2 so it didn't work anyway :rolleyes:

I used to have a fruit pastille at kick off, then another one for each goal scored, but I couldn't chew them, otherwise the opposition would then score. I stopped after that game at Pride Park, I nearly choked!!

I used to have a fruit pastille at kick off, then another one for each goal scored, but I couldn't chew them, otherwise the opposition would then score.  I stopped after that game at Pride Park, I nearly choked!!

103006[/snapback]

lol that must have been quite tricky. Great game though.

Just remembered one more. It's not so much a superstition more an absolute ritual. I never ever leave before the final whistle and can't understand people that do, unless they have to. I've seen too many goals go in in the final seconds.

I used to have a fruit pastille at kick off, then another one for each goal scored, but I couldn't chew them, otherwise the opposition would then score.  I stopped after that game at Pride Park, I nearly choked!!

103006[/snapback]

lol that must have been quite tricky. Great game though.

Just remembered one more. It's not so much a superstition more an absolute ritual. I never ever leave before the final whistle and can't understand people that do, unless they have to. I've seen too many goals go in in the final seconds.

103016[/snapback]

I always leave before the final whistle!!! To avoid the rush, if we leave 2 minutes early, saves 45 minutes waiting to get out of Leicester ;):thumbup:

I used to not wash my city shirt if we won until we lost again, but it got too much when MON was in charge!

My mum used to have one where if, at Filbo, the ball was kicked out of the ground when she was watching we would score a goal - it worked a couple of times too :)

I used to not wash my city shirt if we won until we lost again, but it got too much when MON was in charge!

103077[/snapback]

bet your washing machine didn't know what hit it last year!

103078[/snapback]

Exactly, probably why the damn thing started peeling!

I used to pull my socks up just before I sat down.

I used to play "Mouse" on the bus, with the curtain hook things (there wasn't any curtains). I used to ping them down the bus, and the more people they went past, the more chance we had of winning.

Also with the posters you used to get in the middle of the programmes, I would stick them on the bus window on the way home, in hope that the player would have a good game at the next match. It worked some of the time.

I did have lucky pants, until we started conceding late and I practically shit them every game. Now usually its go in through the same turnstile (39) have a chicken balti pie too every time i have,we have won.

Slag of the striker always works for me That started with Deano, telling my son he was a lazy git and generaly slaging him for being crap. Deano would then go and score and prove me completly wrong.

The more I called him the more he scores,

Works with connely and dion. but there was no hope for MDV

I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes through the same turnstile every match... :D ...must be quite a common superstition.

103237[/snapback]

It is, mine is no.36

It was going to be no.37, but for one of the first games held at the stadium 37 wasn't open & we won, been using 36 ever since.

Also look at my brick prior to the game.

Also one chewy for each half

and used to wear lucky pants, in fact an entire outfit during the O'Neill years

and then at Filbo I used to use the same urinal prior to kick off

..............however I'm not superstitious nah, its down to the players

• 11 months later...

Archived