Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

NME Best Album of the Decade

NME is a pile of shit and has been little more than a comic for most of the last decade.

In fairness though, it's been very indie focussed for at least the last 30 years and this probably has influenced the choice of people they've asked.

Any list will reflect the views of the people approached - there's no right or wrong about it. My top 50 would be very different, as I'm sure everyone else's would be. I thought this was a bit more interesting than a lot that I've seen.

I'm going to upset Valerenaga now and suggest that Royksopp and Sigur Ros don't feature because the voters share my view that they're very dull

NME is a pile of shit and has been little more than a comic for most of the last decade.

In fairness though, it's been very indie focussed for at least the last 30 years and this probably has influenced the choice of people they've asked.

Any list will reflect the views of the people approached - there's no right or wrong about it. My top 50 would be very different, as I'm sure everyone else's would be. I thought this was a bit more interesting than a lot that I've seen.

I'm going to upset Valerenaga now and suggest that Royksopp and Sigur Ros don't feature because the voters share my view that they're very dull

ha ha - well each to their own - but røyksopp aren't dulll...

besides, i'm sure most of us would find at least half of the records in that list 'dull'

Arcade Fire, for starters.

runs and hides

yeah, i listened to their album in a car from tunbridge wells to london, and when it was restarted at the end i considered jumping out half way down the blackwell tunnel

ha ha - well each to their own - but røyksopp aren't dulll...

besides, i'm sure most of us would find at least half of the records in that list 'dull'

I apologise for my haphazard spelling of your name, by the way.

I'd LIKE to like Arcade Fire, so I could share in the enjoyment that they obviously provide a lot of people with. I just don't. But who needs AF when you've got British Sea Power? Hurrah! And they haven't even made the list.

Never mind

I love Arcade Fire and Funeral is great. Not sure on Neon Bible being in there though.

When I was a few years younger I got really bothered by these lists etc, but I stopped getting drawn into the arguments so much thankfully. :P

I buy the NME, I have absolutely no idea why. It's garbage and I don't even read most of it. Sometimes there's a cover story that interests me, but I don't read reviews or anything. Still shameful though, I know.

Archived