Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
grth2004

The Auditorium

but Tim said there was room for The Auditorium as well.

"We're promoting to a different audience," he said "Leicester's big enough for us both to book big acts."

brilliant, finally someone in leicester that's prepared to push the city forward rather than the usually like-for-like cop outs...

• 4 weeks later...

Good news! The rumour about Lee Perry playing is correct. He along with Dawn Penn and Don Letts are playing the opening night.

No ticket information yet

Christ Almighty! I'm there already.

typical, leicester has just got so unambitious - as i said in the O2 thread, leicester is crying out for more venues and really needs one in town...

shame.

We've got new venues ;)

1 - The Soundhouse - Southampton Street, Nr Leicester Mercury Building

2 - The Auditorium - Played its first night on Saturday [my band played] Not bad, just needs a lot of work appearance wise.

3 - O2 academy will be opening 3 Venues in 1. 1500 Capacity for the big block booked tours, a 500 Capacity for the smaller/newer artists and a 250 capacity, hopefully that local bands can support breakthrough acts,

Hope this helps!

Good news! The rumour about Lee Perry playing is correct. He along with Dawn Penn and Don Letts are playing the opening night.

bloody hell that's insane!!

If you hear any new about tickets then please please please post it on here!!

bloody hell that's insane!!

If you hear any new about tickets then please please please post it on here!!

the wife got a notification on Facebook from the guy who used to run the Charlotte. Dont know if you can search Facebook and subscribe for news as I am sure she will tell me in passing a few days after the posting. Dont do Facebook myself so not really sure how it works.

Great news. :thumbup:

Gonna be a quality night if he turns up. Wasn't he supposed to play Leicester a few years ago and pulled out pretty last minute?

Great news. :thumbup:

Gonna be a quality night if he turns up. Wasn't he supposed to play Leicester a few years ago and pulled out pretty last minute?

The guy is as mad as a hatter so who knows what Lee Perry will turn up if he does. Cant be missed though.

We've got new venues ;)

1 - The Soundhouse - Southampton Street, Nr Leicester Mercury Building

2 - The Auditorium - Played its first night on Saturday [my band played] Not bad, just needs a lot of work appearance wise.

3 - O2 academy will be opening 3 Venues in 1. 1500 Capacity for the big block booked tours, a 500 Capacity for the smaller/newer artists and a 250 capacity, hopefully that local bands can support breakthrough acts,

Hope this helps!

i was back in leicester last week and it seems to have gone insane, with so many people putting on gigs now, even the Orange Tree seemed to have some bands playing.

what's the soundhouse like?

also drove past where the spread eagle used to be, still just a carpark, what a shame, with the renewed interest in leicester it would have been an ideal spot...

SOUND CLASH, KONTAKT & THE AUDITORIUM Present

>> LEE 'SCRATCH' PERRY + SUPPORT Live In Concert <<

>>SATURDAY 16th OCTOBER 2010 <<

>> 8pm - 4am << >> LEE 'SCRATCH' PERRY WILL BE ON STAGE AROUND 10pm <<

@ The Auditorium, The Market Place, Leicester, LE1-5GF

>> LEE 'SCRATCH' PERRY / DAWN PENN / DON LETTS / MEGADUB / CHANNEL ONE <<

For this 'Sound Clash' event we are honoured to play host one of the true legends of the Dub / Reggae scene on one of only 3 dates for this UK tour.... LEE 'SCRATCH' PERRY.

This will be first time that Lee 'Scratch' Perry has ever done a show in Leicester and for this event he will be performing a one hour concert with a live band.

As well as Lee 'Scratch' Perry we also have a live P.A. by Dawn Penn perfoming classics like "You don’t love me- No,No,No" & "Night and Day".

We also have the UK legend Don Letts hosting the event and DJing.

.... At midnight, when the live acts have finished we hand the stage over to the mighty Channel One soundsystem to carry on the dance untill 4am.

>> MAIN ROOM <<

- LEE 'SCRATCH' PERRY + LIVE BAND

- DAWN PENN (Live P.A.)

- DON LETTS (DJ Set & Host)

- CHANNEL ONE (Full System)

- MEGADUB (Accoustic Session)

... THIS IS AN 18+ EVENT. R.O.A.R.

+ Caribbean Food & Merchandise Stalls.

TICKETS ONLINE EXCLUSIVELY @

2FUNKY TICKETS : http://www.2funkytickets.c o.uk/site/32.asp?mode=main &catID=433

TICKETS IN STORE @

2FUNKY - 62 Belgrave Gate

Leicester

LE1 3GQ.

ROCKABOOM - 4 Saint Martins Sq

Leicester

LE1-5DF

Advance Tickets : £20 +BF

> More On The Door (If Not Sold Out In Advance) <

leeperryflyer.jpg

-- KONTAKT & THE AUDITORIUM Present --

-- LEICESTER CARIBBEAN CARNIVAL AFTER PARTY / DANCE --

-- SATURDAY 7th AUGUST 2010 --

@ The Auditorium, The Market Place, City Center, Leicester, LE1-5GF

>> 3 SOUND SYSTEMS <> 1 ROOM <> SOUND CLASH Pt II <<

>> ABA SHANTI-I <> FATMAN SOUND SYSTEM <> JAH VOICE <<

To keep the vibes going after the 2010 Leicester Caribbean Carnival we have an exclusive three way sound clash from some of the UKs finest dub reggae sound systems. Straight off Victoria Park we have an exclusive show from Leicester Carnivals original selecta Aba Shanti-i and to top off the dance we have two systems making their debuts in Leicester, 'Fatman Sound System' which has been pushing the sound from the 70s and 'Jah Voice' from Birmingham who are one of the pioneers of the Midlands scene.

-- THIS DANCE IS GOING TO BE HEAVY -- EACH SOUND SYSTEM IS BRINGING 12 BOXES --

>> MAIN ROOM <<

~ ABA SHANTI-I (Full Sound System)

~ FATMAN SOUND SYSTEM (Full Sound System)

~ JAH VOICE (Full Sound System)

TICKETS ONLINE @

2FUNKY TICKETS : http://2funkytickets.co.uk/site/32.asp?mode=main&catID=406

THE TICKET SELLERS : https://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/buy_tickets/events/?id=10011739

TICKETS IN SHOPS @

ROCKABOOM / 2FUNKY / HUB BAR (Braunstone Gate)

Advance Tickets : £10 +BF

On The Door : £15 Before Midnight

CARNIVALDANCEPIC.jpg

KONTAKT & THE AUDITORIUM Presents.....

>>> ROAD BLOCK <<<

>>> FRIDAY 10th SEPTEMBER 2010 <<<

@ The Auditorium, Leicester Market Place, Leicester, LE1-5GF

>> DAVID 'Ram Jam' RODIGAN <> IRATION STEPPAS <> ABA SHANTI-I <> DADDY FISHEAD <<

>> THE EVENT WILL BE POWERED BY THE MIGHTY 'IRATION STEPPAS' SOUND SYSTEM <<

After the massive success of the 'Sound Clash' event @ Starlight 2001 on 8th May which over 900 dub enthusiasts attended we have booked in another massive dub line up at Leicesters biggest independent live music venue... 'The Auditorium'.

We are honoured to have three of the UK dub / reggae scenes pioneers under one roof for a night of pure quality dub vibes !

>> MAIN ARENA <<

DAVID 'Ram Jam' RODIGAN (DJ Set)

IRATION STEPPAS (DJ Set / Full System)

ABA SHANTI-I (DJ Set)

THE VERSATILE DADDY FISHEAD (DJ Set)

TICKETS ONLINE @

2FUNKY TICKETS : http://2funkytickets.co.uk/site/32.asp?mode=main&catID=404

THE TICKET SELLERS : https://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/buy_tickets/events/?id=10011606

TICKETS IN SHOPS @

ROCKABOOM / 2FUNKY / HUB BAR (Braunstone Gate)

Advance Tickets : £10 +BF

On The Door : £15 Before Midnight - More After

flyerfront.jpg

Archived