Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

End of Term Grades

Guest ttfn

Weale B Was one of our players of the regular season but made a couple of crucial errors in the play-offs. All in all a good first season.

Morrison B Developed again - amazing to think he was non-league 2 years ago.

Neilson D Pretty hopeless. Always tries hard, just not particularly talented.

Solano B His experience was crucial towards the end and played well in both legs of the play-offs

Hobbs A Surely the best centre back in the division. I had my doubts earlier in his City career but this guy's going all the way. Praying he stays and is made club captain next season.

Bruce B- Generally did fine when called upon. Bad mistake in play-off semi.

Brown B- Always committed - a real warrior but hopeless on the ball.

Berner A- Boy did we miss him when he was out. A great professional.

McGivern D At time I wondered how anybody could pay him to play football. Was more comfortable with the ball in the air than on the ground.

Oakley C Had a few good games (he was terrific away at QPR) but the pace of the division made him look very old at times. And he's only about 32. Sad.

Wellens B+ Massive dip in form between about January and March but was otherwise excellent. A real battler and always wants the ball

King B+ A real success story. King is the personification of Pearson's Leicester - really wanting to play for the shirt and being cool and collected in the mean time. Scored a few goals too.

Spearing B Would be good to get him in on loan again next year. Really lively.

N'Guessan C+ A decent first season, but very inconsistent.

Dyer B At times unplayable. At other times (notably the play offs) useless. More often than not put in a good shift.

Gallagher B Often appears lethargic, but improved as the season went on. Cracking free kick against Forest.

Fryatt B+ Had it not been for his injury, there's a good chance he would have been troubling the top of the division's scoring charts. In a team who's emphasis was not always on attack he did very well.

Howard B- Looked totally off the pace at the start of the season, got better towards the end and was heroic in Cardiff.

Waghorn B+ Whole-hearted and a decent player to boot. Did well in Fryatt's absence.

Kermorgant C- Barely made an impression until the Boro game, in which he was first class. Woeful penalty. Needs our support next season - he could be an important player as Pearson clearly rates him.

I know others have played (Vaughan, Adams, Logan etc.) If anybody else has played a significant part then please say as I've forgotten!

Goalkeepers

Weale- B- Has had a very solid season after being plucked from relative obscurity. Has however made some high profile mistakes, particularly not coming off his line in the playoff second leg. But very solid and dependable.

Logan---- We cant tell as he has been barely used

Defenders

Neilson-E- Has been very poor and must be a very sad reflection on the state of the SPL he could be a captain. would have been an F other than the fact he possesses a bullet throw.

Solano- C- Experience has been important. Lacks pace but positionally sound and always has great delivery, just a shame we have him at the wrong end of his career.

Morrison- B- Has grown again as a player this season particularly when you consider not so long ago he was playing non league football. Always a threat in the opposition box too

Brown- C- Defends stoutly, but has a total lack of ability on the ball which must be improved. A decent squad player

Hobbs- A*- Total star in every department defensively

Berner-A- Superbly solid season, illustrated by the points taken when he is in the side compared to when he isnt. A real asset

Bruce- C/B- Tough to call. would like to see more of him as he looks solid

McGivern-F- Barely had a good game for us and not a player we need back

Powell- B- Special mention for his influence around the club.

Midfielders

Oakley-D- Not the inspirational leader of last season, and may be approaching the autumn of his career

Wellens-B- Very solid other than a mid season blip. A key figure in the side

King- A- Another brilliant season for the quiet man, chipping in with 11 goals is no mean feat and more international call ups have followed. Reminding me of Frank Lampard with his style of play

Dyer- C- A bit hit and miss, although when onform, can be unplayable

N'Guessan- B- Really pleased with his season, has done brilliantly with the step up in leagues and at times has looked a real handful. has also chipped in with plenty of goals and may have been a bit underused

Spearing- B- In the short time he has been here, WOW, a player with immense potential for the future. Probably not with us though unfortunately

Adams-D- Underused, hasnt done anything to suggest he will give us anything

Forwards

Fryatt- B- Missed a big chunk of the season injured, but has scored goals and hopefully will do the same next season

Waghorn- A*- Brilliant season for a youngster, especially as at times he led the line on his own. would love to have him back

Vaughan- B- From his limited appearances, he has fantastic technique and pace, although is injury prone. Great talent

Howard- C- Always a threat, a good option to have available, but has lacked goals. Devoid of pace and doesnt have much left in him i wouldnt have thought

Kermogant- D- Hasnt set the world alight. Looks tricky on the ball but doesnt carry much of a threat and his timid penalty in the playoffs has done nothing for his grade

Gallagher-C- Needs to turn his clear ability into more consisten performances. Slightly disappointed with him considering his ability.

Goalkeepers

Weale - A

Logan - C

Defenders

Neilson - D

Solano.- C

Morrison - B

Brown - B

Hobbs- A*

Berner - A

Bruce - C

McGivern - F

Powell - C

Midfielders

Oakley - D

Wellens - A

Dyer - C

N'Guessan - C

Spearing - B

Adams - D

King - A

Forwards

Fryatt - B

Waghorn A*

Vaughan - B

Kermogant - D

Howard - C

Gallagher - B

Goalkeepers

Weale - A

Logan - C

Defenders

Neilson - D

Solano.- C

Morrison - B +

Brown - B

Hobbs- A *

Berner - A

Bruce - C

McGivern - E

Powell - C

Midfielders

Oakley - D

Wellens - A

Dyer - B

N'Guessan - C

Spearing - B -

Adams - D

King - A

Forwards

Fryatt - B

Waghorn A*

Vaughan - C

Kermogant - D

Howard - C

Gallagher - B -

Goalkeepers

Weale - A

Logan - C

Defenders

Neilson - D

Solano.- C

Morrison - B +

Brown - B

Hobbs- A *

Berner - A

Bruce - C

McGivern - E

Powell - C

Midfielders

Oakley - D

Wellens - A

Dyer - B

N'Guessan - C

Spearing - B -

Adams - D

King - A

Forwards

Fryatt - B

Waghorn A*

Vaughan - C

Kermogant - D

Howard - C

Gallagher - B -

Spot on. I'm glad you put Wellens as an A because I don't think he gets enough credit. Brilliant player he has been for us. I'd say him and Hobbs are our best, most crucial players.

Goalkeepers

Weale - A

Logan - C+

Defenders

Neilson - E

Solano.- B

Morrison - B

Brown - B+

Hobbs- A+

Berner - A

Bruce - B

McGivern - E-

Powell - C

Midfielders

Oakley - E

Wellens - B+

Dyer - B

N'Guessan - C

Spearing - B

Adams - C

King - A+

Forwards

Fryatt - B

Waghorn A

Vaughan - C

Kermogant - D-

Howard - B-

Gallagher - B

Weale - A

Logan - D+ Hardly used. Did well v middlesborough but a lack of FTF means it can't really be much higher

Neilson - D Tries hard enough but effort needs to be paired with ability to make a decent player

Morrison - A- Incredible to think he was non-league 2 years ago

Brown - A Forest away aside he's been solid this season

Hobbs - A* Quality player. Without him i don't think we'd have made the play-offs - so many last ditch interventions when a goal looked inevitable

Berner - A* Solid player and McGiverns showing in his absense futher emphasised his importance to us

Bruce - B Played brilliant in the time he's had - a couple of slip ups on wednesday may have cost us but it weren't for him in the first leg we'd have been going into Wednesday 2-0 down

McGivern - F poor, for a player from a prem academy, with international experience i'd have expected much much better

Powell - D+ Pretty much the same reason as logan. not been played enough

Solano - C+ not bad but not that great

Oakley - C

Wellens - B+ Tailed away mid season but other than that he impressed

King - A* 11 goals from midfield, numerous assists not to mention all the unnoticed work he does

Dyer - B+ blew hot and cold V WBA away and Reading at home he was unplayable, the play-offs he was at the other end of the scale

N'Guessan - B- Good enough when he's played but a bit part player

Adams - C+ Same as N'guessan

Spearing - B

Fryatt - A- 13 goals and 5 assists having missed nearly 3 months (8th feb to 2nd may) through injury

Waghorn - A- Filled the void left by fryatt very well

Howard - B Good recently but poor at the start of the season

Kermorgant - C Good finish against Middlesborough and some other glimpses of talent but the penalty save will haunt him and the fans

Vaughan - B- Shown talent when he's played but not played enough due to injury

Gallagher - B Played well despite being trapped out on the wing for most of the season

I think thats everyone

Goalkeepers

Weale - A - First class, kept us in so many games, stunning goal keeper. Beggers belief he couldn't make the Bristol City Team

Logan - B - Did everything he was asked of.

Defenders

Neilson - D - Never really made it, and I think it says a lot when N.P would rather play people out of position (Morrison/Solano) than play you.

Solano.- C+ - Impressive, hard to play a new role and with his age pace was always going to be an issue, but did his job, and 3 goal line clearances in 3 games helped.

Morrison - A*- Stunning, amazing, simply unstoppable. - I live in Cambridge so seen him when he was non-league, he was good, but now I wouldn't replace him for anyone (Him along time Hobbs)

Brown - C - Decent season on the pitch, but not off it... and not referring to the latest allocations.

Hobbs- A* - Player of the season without a doubt. Future England player.

Berner - A - I was worried when Mattock went, but Bruno was different league this season.

Bruce - C+ - Didn't rate him, but on his playoff performance alone I'd sigh him up.

McGivern - D - Wasn't as bad as everyone made out.

Midfielders

Oakley - D - Pretty average season for him, seems to have been dropped when Spearing came back, and I don't think we will see him again.

Wellens - C+ - Decent enough season, but loses his head too often in big games.

Dyer - C - Good season, come on a bit since his MK DON's days, but would have liked him to take players on more.

N'Guessan - C - Started off very good, but seems to have fallen out of favour again.

Spearing - A - SIGN HIM UP!

Adams - C - Never got his chance, so unfair to be negative. Was good on loan, for a few games, would have liked him to get more time.

King - A - Amazing!

Forwards

Fryatt - A - Start of the season he was on fire, can't judge him on the last 3 games as it would be unfair.

Waghorn A* - SIGH HIM UP

Vaughan - B - SIGN HIM UP

Kermogant - D - Never really made a huge impact, well not a positive one, but he is a younger howard and certainly one to keep.

Howard - B - Great season, ran the games when he started scoring.

Gallagher - B - Another new signing who had a great signing. Played out of position a lot too.

Overall team rating A* - Amazing season, so proud.

• 3 years later...

Wow - our last play-off season under Pearson, compare that to our squad now,

Which one is better?

Gonna start a Thread for this season just gone.

We have a better starting 11 now I'd say, but 2010 was the better squad.

We were more consistent in 2010 and generally better as a team, but we probably never quite hit the heights we did in the early part of this season.

Having said that, I do remember some superb team performances like QPR away, Forest home, Watford home.

Wow - our last play-off season under Pearson, compare that to our squad now,

Which one is better?

Gonna start a Thread for this season just gone.

Schmeichel: A- Has his flaws but has saved us many points this season and part of a solid defence until February

De Laet: B  Has had a solid season. For this division, he's a top right back, quick, strong, threatening offensively and solid defensively. 

Moore: C  Harsh to mark him quite low but he's still a young lad and developing. Can't fault effort or commitment.

Morgan: A*  Player of the season. Rarely put a foot wrong.

St Ledger:  B  When he played without injury, he added some quality and composure to the backline. 

Whitbread: C  Received a lot of unfair criticism from many. Some below average performances due to a lack of fitness. Animal in the air.

Keane:  C+  Our defensive record certainly took a hit when he was thrown in. Effort/Professionalism was excellent however.

Konchesky:  C  Biggest weak link in our defence, lacks pace and attacking guile.

Knockaert: A  Unfortunate in the way that his season ended, however, he showed glimpses of undoubted Premiership quality. Love the lad!

Marshall: C  Did a good job covering Konchesky through the winter months however seemed to lose his attacking prowess as the season wore on.

King: B  Solid season once again from Kingy

James: A-  Had we been celebrating promotion right now it would have been down to this man. His drive and urgency broke our bad spell and got us to the PO's.

Drinkwater:  B-  Had an excellent start to the season, was efficient and clever however his form dipped worryingly as he looked fatigued.

Dyer:  B-  Good old Lloydy put some shifts in once more but he will never change. Unstoppable (Bolton and Ipswich) yet others is so ineffective.

Wood: B  Was excellent when he first came in. Good focal point, clever player.

Nugent:  C  Overrated, his 17 game barren run was dangerous, never looked like scoring in that run. 

Kane:  F  Clown, complete waste of space.

Vardy: C  Written off by many despite a very good start to the season, unfortunate with injury.

Waghorn: D+  Seems to have disappeared completely. Showed glimpses of excellence when he got a good run in the team.

Schlupp: B  Has provided a spark and his versatility is invaluable to the squad. I look forward to him bagging 25 goals next year if Pearson has the balls to drop Nugent.

Archived