Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Point me in the direction...

I need some new music, haven't had any for a while. Due to tight funds the last album I bought was The Horrors and I cancelled my eMusic last year. However, I'm considering reactivateing that and also trying to find as much great new stuff as I can. In part it's because I might be doing some online DJing soon :punk:

So if you got any recommendations, please let me know. I'm looking at you Jay and Joe in particular, but I'm open to all stylees so HIT MEH!

Thanks in advance :D

Ok I'll hit with you with some stuff. Might want to check some of it out on Youtube on such before buying (as I'm sure you would anyway!). Not 100% on exactly what you're looking for or what you've already heard so I'll just post a load of different music...

Albums

The National - High Violet

The National - Boxer

Angus & Julia Stone - A Book Like This

Delphic - Acolyte

Surfer Blood - Astrocoast

Frank Turner- Love, Ire & Song

Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound

The Sounds - Dying To Say This To You

Grammatics self-titled

Yeasayer - Odd Blood

The Invisible self-titled

Laura Marling

Miike Snow self-titled

MuteMath - Armistice

Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

65daysofstatic - We Were Exploding Anyway

Placebo - Meds

The Soft Pack self-titled

Sunshine Underground - Nobody's Coming to Save You

Wild Beasts - Two Dancers

Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History

We Were Promised Jetpacks - These Four Walls

The XX - XX

I'm sure you can find something you like from this lot!

Not really suitable for DJing but Trent Reznor's new project How To Destroy Angels is pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWbfgGDl6XE

It's online radio station for gamers, so that kind of stuff will actually go down well.

And thanks to all who have given me ideas and stuff... anyone else? :thumbup:

Well, regardless of what's appropriate or what they might be used to, I'm gonna try and open their eye's to the great wide world of music panophony (Now there's a band name!).

I did buy The Optimist by New Young Pony Club today and on the first listen I love it!

Archived