Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ACF

Cameras

I REALLY do like the hybrid cameras, like the Sony ones, but they're expensive. I'd love a DSLR, but thats a good compromise :)

I'm a casual photographer, mainly sport, and travel, but I am a teenager, so pics with people in are common

well sport and travel is all about zoom and speed, so i'd go for something with exchangeable lenses - we have a nikon D40x which is super, but maybe a little over budget... otherwise i'd definitely recommend the panasonic range

My Panasonic TZ7 has been brilliant so far and, of crucial importance, is available in brown

It's been replaced by the TZ10 which is about the same but has GPS. Whether a camera really needs GPS is open to debate.

I think Lisa on here has a TZ5, which is the earlier the version and I believe she's very happy with it

Again it's probably too far over your budget but I'm getting myself a DSLR soon, taking some advice off friends and they've reccomended the Canon 550d but they say that the 450d is still pretty good, just with lower ISO, no HD video compatibility etc. You may be able to pick the 450 up a bit cheaper second hand though if you didn't mind going down that route.

I have a Nikon D80 DSLR and it's a great camera. The problem is, it's fairly bulky and I find myself not wanting to it take everywhere for that reason, my Missus will only carry so much.

My photographic hero is Henri Cartier Bresson and his greatness was in catching the moment. he used a Leica 35mm rangefinder camera mainly because of it's light weight and portability.

I'm not saying don't go for an SLR, I have had 7 of them over the years but I thought I should mention that.

An other good tip is to always handle the cameras before you buy one, I really fancied a Canon until I held it, It just didn't feel right.

really? heh, that's nice to know...

True though :)

My Panasonic TZ7 has been brilliant so far and, of crucial importance, is available in brown

It's been replaced by the TZ10 which is about the same but has GPS. Whether a camera really needs GPS is open to debate.

I think Lisa on here has a TZ5, which is the earlier the version and I believe she's very happy with it

The Panasonic TZ7/TZ10 are great for their 25mm Super wide angle lens... you really notice it when compared to the other 'wide angle' cameras at 28mm...

Thanks, having a look at that one at the moment.

Again it's probably too far over your budget but I'm getting myself a DSLR soon, taking some advice off friends and they've reccomended the Canon 550d but they say that the 450d is still pretty good, just with lower ISO, no HD video compatibility etc. You may be able to pick the 450 up a bit cheaper second hand though if you didn't mind going down that route.

Don't care about video so thats good. And yeah, it actually is A LOT over budget over here :P

I have a Nikon D80 DSLR and it's a great camera. The problem is, it's fairly bulky and I find myself not wanting to it take everywhere for that reason, my Missus will only carry so much.

My photographic hero is Henri Cartier Bresson and his greatness was in catching the moment. he used a Leica 35mm rangefinder camera mainly because of it's light weight and portability.

I'm not saying don't go for an SLR, I have had 7 of them over the years but I thought I should mention that.

An other good tip is to always handle the cameras before you buy one, I really fancied a Canon until I held it, It just didn't feel right.

Thank you very much for that.

ONE MORE THING- sport modes, you know the one with the several shots in a second or so. Any of these cameras have this?

Though he later admitted that nearly all of his 'candid' photos were actually staged

Though he later admitted that nearly all of his 'candid' photos were actually staged

Shortly before he died, he was interviewed by Charlie Rose, I think that if you watch it you will form a different opinion.

it's to be found here if you are interested.

Shortly before he died, he was interviewed by Charlie Rose, I think that if you watch it you will form a different opinion.

it's to be found here if you are interested.

To be fair I am going on information from a lecturer from some years ago - used the photo of the man jumping over the puddle as an example.

I'll watch that when I get home and have a read around - cheers :thumbup:

True though :)

Thanks, having a look at that one at the moment.

Don't care about video so thats good. And yeah, it actually is A LOT over budget over here :P

Thank you very much for that.

ONE MORE THING- sport modes, you know the one with the several shots in a second or so. Any of these cameras have this?

Here are the specs for the LX5 it shoots at 2.5fps up to five images, however, I'm not sure that this is the camera for sport photography,

You know, you don't have to buy new, digital cameras are being revised constantly, you could probably get a quality used SLR within your budget.

same here, with our D40, that's why we picked up the panansonic...although we got caught out, being so used to the epic length of the nikon's battery, the panasonic went, like, whoooshhh...

you also need to make sure you get a hi spec memory card too, no point having many fps if the memory card is scratching it's ass lol

Archived