Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ACF

Cameras

If you are looking at the best camera without having to re-mortgage your house I would recommend the Canon 5d Mk II . I feel dirty saying that as I shoot my weddings and Portraits on a Nikon - a good Nikon mind. If you are looking at a compact I have always liked the Canon Ixus range I don't own one myself as I always carry a DSLR but whenever i have played with one I have always been impressed with their capabilities.

Thank you Smudge! I owe you one!

You're welcome :thumbup:

Lost my camera, looking to buy a new one. Anyone got any preferences?

At least 10MP, $AU500 limit, about 290 squid.

Thanks guys.

If you are looking at the best camera without having to re-mortgage your house I would recommend the Canon 5d Mk II . I feel dirty saying that as I shoot my weddings and Portraits on a Nikon - a good Nikon mind. If you are looking at a compact I have always liked the Canon Ixus range I don't own one myself as I always carry a DSLR but whenever i have played with one I have always been impressed with their capabilities.

Doesn't that camera cost US$2500 without a lens?

• 11 months later...

Inspired by the Photography thread and the beauty of the Isle of Wight, I thought I'd get myself a DSLR camera.

I'm not going for a new one so I've had a look locally and found a Canon EOS 300D and a Sony Alpha a200. Both are boxed with all the gubbins (technical term I believe) and are for sale for £150 each.

Any recommendation as to which one is the best value would be much appreciated.

i have a nikon d3000 (dslr) bought a couple of years ago for about £500. came with a 50mm and 300mm lens, cant fault it at all. i know its a bit more pricey than you wanted but as there is a newer updated model out now you might be able to pick one up for what you want to spend.

Inspired by the Photography thread and the beauty of the Isle of Wight, I thought I'd get myself a DSLR camera.

I'm not going for a new one so I've had a look locally and found a Canon EOS 300D and a Sony Alpha a200. Both are boxed with all the gubbins (technical term I believe) and are for sale for £150 each.

Any recommendation as to which one is the best value would be much appreciated.

when i was looking for one last year i bought from jessops. the staff said canon were far superior to sony with a far better selection of lenses etc. i was looking at the 450d i believe, but in the end i went for a nikon as it had a usefull built in 'help' feature

Archived