Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

Season Tickets next year

Right noises, but needs to be worked through a bit I feel. Ironically the club have been responsible for disincentivising season-tickets more than anyone with matchday ticket offers. Often at the ground you can be there as a STH having paid more to watch the game than someone with a voucher from the Mockery...

What I'd really like to see though is some kind of away tickets loyalty system, such as most big PL teams have now. Either it could be used to determine priority (you could be more precise, for instance, than with just having 3 categories for STHs) or reward those fans that travel away. You'd get fewer points for games in the Midlands, etc. and more for those further away (although not all fans near Leicester, I know that). If you go to say 70% of the away games you could use your points in the megastore to get a new shirt, etc.

Right noises, but needs to be worked through a bit I feel. Ironically the club have been responsible for disincentivising season-tickets more than anyone with matchday ticket offers. Often at the ground you can be there as a STH having paid more to watch the game than someone with a voucher from the Mockery...

What I'd really like to see though is some kind of away tickets loyalty system, such as most big PL teams have now. Either it could be used to determine priority (you could be more precise, for instance, than with just having 3 categories for STHs) or reward those fans that travel away. You'd get fewer points for games in the Midlands, etc. and more for those further away (although not all fans near Leicester, I know that). If you go to say 70% of the away games you could use your points in the megastore to get a new shirt, etc.

This is true, as a non-ST holder (Member) who goes to most home matches and about 10 away a year I ended up with greater priority for away tickets at Villa last season having been to three home games with a Villa mate!

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate the hardcore fans feel like they deserve something unique to them but surely they'd be happier in a sold out stadium each week?

I'm moving up towards Leicester next year (still nearly 2 hours away but closer than Cornwall). Big reason in this decision is to watch footie at The Walkers. I'd say that's pretty loyal - moving away from mates and family, etc. But some sort of decent deal (such as the one mentioned in the OP) could be the difference between me gettin a ST and just going to every other home game (bearing in mind the outrageous petrol prices atm). So I say deals for all. We're all city fans, we all want success, we all make sacrifices to go to games. :lei1:

Archived