Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

Season Tickets next year

But would £25 off really act as an incentive for new Season Ticket holders?

Well ive dipped my hand in my pocket for every one of the last 10 seasons including the Levein/Kelly/Holloway 'horrow shows'.

In my eyes, I should get a larger benefit than a newcomer, £25 off constitutes a good deal for newbies I reckon.

Guest BlueBrett

The whole point of the initiative is to encourage new people to buy a season ticket. Fans who buy a season ticket every year would be buying one anyway even without the discount so surely it doesn't matter whether long term ST holders are rewarded more or less than new comers. People should just be pleased that there is a chance to save some cash and not worry about what other people are/aren't spending.

Anyway to get the ground full would be great. But maybe do it like this -

ST for 3 years or more £75 off.

ST for 2 years £50 off.

ST for 1 year £25 off.

Still a decent incentive, but more rewarding to the fans who have had a season ticket for longer.

Don't think £25 off a season ticket is much of a incentive to bring in first time season ticket holders who normally can't afford it anyway, to be fair,

jeez.. you should just be happy that there thinking about offering a discount which you wasnt expecting..

it will still benefit you.. it should help the attendence and the owners still get there money.. win win win all round..

The whole point of the initiative is to encourage new people to buy a season ticket. Fans who buy a season ticket every year would be buying one anyway even without the discount so surely it doesn't matter whether long term ST holders are rewarded more or less than new comers. People should just be pleased that there is a chance to save some cash and not worry about what other people are/aren't spending.

But surely the point that a couple of people made was that it's a recognition of the continued support of the club and dependent upon how long they continued to implement such a system it may encourage more people to become long term ST holders?

Who's to say that those who 'always buy' a ST would continue to if they felt they were being shafted in favour of the club trying to attract newcomers?

Maybe a discount dependent upon length of ST held but with smaller differences than £25 for each increment

It's got to be about maintaining the core of ST holders whilst adding to that number no?

Dont get me wrong, it seems like a good initiative and I dont disagree with the principal of it but am just suggesting that it might be a good jesture to offer 'slightly more' to long termers than newbies. After all, the thread starter was asking for supporters views and that is mine!

But surely the point that a couple of people made was that it's a recognition of the continued support of the club and dependent upon how long they continued to implement such a system it may encourage more people to become long term ST holders?

Who's to say that those who 'always buy' a ST would continue to if they felt they were being shafted in favour of the club trying to attract newcomers?

Maybe a discount dependent upon length of ST held but with smaller differences than £25 for each increment

It's got to be about maintaining the core of ST holders whilst adding to that number no?

because that's just petty.

Guest BlueBrett

That's a fair point but I don't really think that offering everyone the same discount constitutes 'shafting' long term season ticket holders. At the end of the day a universal discount is better than no discount at all and long term ST holders will benefit from it just as much as new people.

Maybe the club could try to make long term ST holders feel appreciated in some other way. Another draw for a holiday to Thailand perhaps but only for people who have had an ST for at least 5years.

That's a fair point but I don't really think that offering everyone the same discount constitutes 'shafting' long term season ticket holders. At the end of the day a universal discount is better than no discount at all and long term ST holders will benefit from it just as much as new people.

Maybe the club could try to make long term ST holders feel appreciated in some other way. Another draw for a holiday to Thailand perhaps but only for people who have had an ST for at least 5years.

True. The term 'shafting' was a bit of an exaggeration really

So the new ST's get the same reward for helping to fill the ground next season as the one's that have helped fill it the past 3 years plus? BIG kick in the teeth for ST's who feel hard done to by the club sometimes anyway. Don't forget it's just not the money off, a club shop voucher and tickets for family/friends was said to be included.

Popping in a block or two of unreserved seating would be a good, and innovative, idea.

Correct. Though I fear H&S issues would be banded about.

Also, make it more of an incentive to get fans into N Block so we have singing sections either side of the away fans- It worked well in 2007- I remember eing in there for the Cov game the day MM took over

Correct. Though I fear H&S issues would be banded about.

Also, make it more of an incentive to get fans into N Block so we have singing sections either side of the away fans- It worked well in 2007- I remember eing in there for the Cov game the day MM took over

Oh ar, no doubt with the delightful folk LCFC have put in charge of keeping us fans protected from ourselves on matchday. :rolleyes:

Couldn't see the club ever getting on board with the idea in the North Stand or L/K (be too easy for them to trot out the tired "identify troublemakers blah blah" line), but I really see no reason why unreserved seating couldn't work in the Kop.

Oh ar, no doubt with the delightful folk LCFC have put in charge of keeping us fans protected from ourselves on matchday. :rolleyes:

Couldn't see the club ever getting on board with the idea in the North Stand or L/K (be too easy for them to trot out the tired "identify troublemakers blah blah" line), but I really see no reason why unreserved seating couldn't work in the Kop.

Maybe this is a Barclay ploy to identify more attendees tongue.pngafter all if we all paid on the day they wouldn't know who was sat where.thumbsup.gif It would also cause chaos at the ticket offices they'd have to delay KO for a couple of hours. Make no mistake ST ownership provides them with massive cost saving and administrative benefits.

If im reading this correctly, as a season ticket holder for many many years I would be getting the same benefit (genorous as it is) as say, an ex armchair fan thats only getting an ST because of the 'special offer'?

I would like to see loyal, long term season ticket holders rewarded first, then sort out the newcomers.

What do you propose? Hold an awards ceremony for anyone who's had a season ticket for longer than 10 years?

Just because you've had a season ticket for many years doesn't mean you can begrudge it when new customers are given an incentive to buy into the club, that's basically saying "never try and entice new fans because it would be unfair to the ones we've already got". Then what would happen? All the old loyals would die off and we'd have an empty ground. Doesn't sound great to me...

EDIT: okay after reading the bulk of the thread I can see you're not against the idea per se which is fair enough. But I'm afraid £25 off a season ticket would make no difference whatsoever - it doesn't even equate to one match ticket, and you can get those free with a relatively cheap membership.

Dont get me wrong, it seems like a good initiative and I dont disagree with the principal of it but am just suggesting that it might be a good jesture to offer 'slightly more' to long termers than newbies. After all, the thread starter was asking for supporters views and that is mine!

Whilst it would be a good gesture, I don't think that it would be a good business move.

Long term fans will be getting a season ticket regardless; the club need to focus on getting new fans' money.

Whilst it would be a good gesture, I don't think that it would be a good business move.

Long term fans will be getting a season ticket regardless; the club need to focus on getting new fans' money.

Exactly and the simple answer is to simply knock money off upfront and that WILL get more season ticket holders, £50 off now with further £50 to follow if numbers reach a certain level??

Nice for the club to be making the right noises though.

What do you propose? Hold an awards ceremony for anyone who's had a season ticket for longer than 10 years?

Just because you've had a season ticket for many years doesn't mean you can begrudge it when new customers are given an incentive to buy into the club, that's basically saying "never try and entice new fans because it would be unfair to the ones we've already got". Then what would happen? All the old loyals would die off and we'd have an empty ground. Doesn't sound great to me...

EDIT: okay after reading the bulk of the thread I can see you're not against the idea per se which is fair enough. But I'm afraid £25 off a season ticket would make no difference whatsoever - it doesn't even equate to one match ticket, and you can get those free with a relatively cheap membership.

Nope, but that is a very witty reply indeed my friend!

Im glad you put your edit in as up until that point your post was BOLLOX ;)

I think my point stands, a full ground benefits us all, maybe they could chuck in the first 2 cup games if you've had an ST for 5 years or more?

customer loyalty should stand for something, regardless of the business.

The club want to fill the stadium next year, and a way to do this is ofcourse win matches, but also increase the number of season ticket holders. Therefore, the club is looking to make use of the excess capacity at the walkers by reducing season ticket prices. However, they do not want to be left out of pocket if this decrease in prices does not sufficiently increase season ticket holders. Therefore they have designed a new scheme.

The figure is still under debate, but 20,000 season ticket holders has been banded about. This is how it works, if we can get 20,000 season ticket holders, the club will refund back to the fans 75 pounds off their season ticket, as well as giving 2 complimentary guest match tickets for family and friends, and also 25 pounds voucher to spend in the city megastore. This equate to around 100 pounds off the price of a season ticket.

What do you think of this idea? The thinking behind this is that the fans would try and get their friends and family on board to increase the number of season tickets and have a full stadium.

I work for the ticket office so would like your views

City Ticket office

This is a cracking idea although I think 20,000 STH is going to be hard to achieve weather its cheap or not, We are only getting about 23,000 a game and many don't have a season ticket due to not being able to commit week in week out. Would be great if it happened and we got 20,000 STH.

I work for the ticket office so would like your views

City Ticket office

Offers, offers, offers.

On a more serious note, why do ticket prices increase on match day? The ticket office will be fully staffed anyway. I'm unable to purchase online so I am hit for the increase.

A return of fans fixtures would help, we need a bigger 12th man. If the stadium is filled before promotion then we may have hooked season ticket holders for the future. I think that the offers for the junior following are attractive, but the main ST prices and the GS tickets are too high, hence the 9000 empty seats.

As for ST holders with 'standing', 1 ticket free per year ST held, for a designated game?, £5 off per year held?, £50 off for introducing a new season ticket holder, 1-2% per year held discount in the shop, free printing of players name on kit, etc.

The stadium has been built for 32,500. Use it.

Yes. Including a free bar please. Massive piss up for the loyal :thumbup:

Archived