Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Scott Severin

Aberdeen hoping to keep Foxes target

14:27 June, 2, 2005

SPL side Aberdeen have offered a new deal to midfielder Scott Severin to prevent him teaming up with former boss Craig Levein

Mail The FansFC Editor

Send This Article To A Friend

Post Your View on The Msg Board

Levein knows Severin well from their time together at Hearts and is keen to make him his latest signing from Scotland.

However Aberdeen executive director of football Willie Miller said: "Scott is on holiday and when he returns we will talk.

'There are also other considerations to be factored in such as job satisfaction, our ambitions and where this club is headed.

'We convinced Russell Anderson and Zander Diamond to commit their futures to Aberdeen and, hopefully, Scott will do likewise."

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

'We convinced Russell Anderson and Zander Diamond to commit their futures to Aberdeen and, hopefully, Scott will do likewise."

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

118586[/snapback]

Russell Anderson, Zander Diamond & Scott Severin

Was quality on one of the old champ mans and I always tried to sign him. Centre midfielder I think, but not 100% sure.

118588[/snapback]

Also its the "ever-reliable " fansfc! So dont believe it, just though id post it to see if anyone else had heard anything

It wouldn't suprise me one iota if Sevrin turned out for us next season, he can play in a number of positions and is indeed a tidy player. The only reason he left Hearts was because the board wouldn't give CL money to keep him even on his original salary. CL was far from amused at that.

Aberdeen have been linked with Charlie Miller who is over in Norway and if they were to move Sevrin on they could bring him in.

Not another possible import from Scottish football, please! If CL signs him, does that mean farewell to Williams and/or Joey?

118616[/snapback]

What's the problem with imports from Scottish football if they play well for the team?

Maybury and Hughes have turned out pretty good if you ask me.

Not another possible import from Scottish football, please! If CL signs him, does that mean farewell to Williams and/or Joey?

The irony is Williams is Scottish!

Look as long as we're signing good players who want to play and that will help the team improve I don't mind if they're scottish, Brazillian or Andorran. Any new midfielders signed might give Williams etc a good kick up the arse and get them performing more consistantly next season. Why is signing another midfielder (as long as he's a good player) a bad thing?

I know we need a striker or 6, but let's see if this has any truth to it before the panic starts.

As a hearts supporter i was gutted to see seve leave hearts at the end season 2003/2004 to join aberdeen for last season. This was not for footballing reasons but purely financial he wanted to stay and levien wanted to keep him but hearts had no money to offer him a decent contract. From what i can gather from aberdeen supporters he has been outstanding this season in fact most have said there best player. He can play either centre half of in centre midfield just in front of the defence, I would say this is his most effective position he is very strong in the tackle a real ball winner never gives less than 100% and is a good footballer as well. I would have expected skippy kisnorbo to play this position for you next season which is why i'm suprised you have been linked with him that said he is a class above kisnorbo no doubt in my mind about that.

If we can move Joey on then another central midfielder would be fine, but I think Gudjonsson is good back-up so we should be concentrating on bringing in a centre half and 2 strikers.

Hughes and Skippy will be first choice central midfielders next season. Williams coming in when Hughes either gets a rest or moves out to the wing, with Gudjonsson getting a game when we're low on numbers or players are out of form.

4 central midfielders in more than enough in this league, if we need another we should get a youngster signed up, We had this in Dawson and if Levein signs another midfielder I guarantee they'll be on more than Dawson was offered. I'd rather them keep to 4 midfielders and promote Wesolowski to the first team plans aswell.

We need quality not quantity and i'd rather the wages be spent on attaining a prolific striker at this level.

We need quality not quantity and i'd rather the wages be spent on attaining a prolific striker at this level.

118767[/snapback]

I agree, levein has talked about this limited 20 man squad for next season, no need for another Central midfielder, we should be concerntrating on up front. I can't see de vries or connolly scoring 20/30 goals a season which is what we need so desperately!!!!

If we can move Joey on then another central midfielder would be fine, but I think Gudjonsson is good back-up so we should be concentrating on bringing in a centre half and 2 strikers.

118767[/snapback]

Please ship Joey out and Gudjonsson is only a back up. :( <_<

• 6 months later...

Archived