Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iBleedLeicesterColours

Away Season Tickets

Does anyone know why we don't have them availible and wether other clubs do them ? LCFC make more money by using the current system because in order to get 'dibs' on away tickets you need a season ticket (money for them), then for p1 and p2 you also need away games..

I have racked up a fair few away games (9 i think) and would definitly buy an away ST. Has there ever been any sort of request for them to introduce them ? I currently have a ST, but with it going up more than £100 just because im a year older I don't really want one, would rather just go to away games, however to be able to get tickets for the bigger games im gonna need a ST so will probably end up getting one.

I may be moaning, but I think its slightly harsh that despite all the money I've put in in the past Im not really being rewarded. I think a priority section purely on away games would be relevant, purely because not everyone lives locally etc. Would it be possible to make more money by offering this ?

Your thoughts ? Sorry if im waffling.

I don't think the clubs would see it as a very practical thing for them to do, not many people would be willing to commit to a whole season of away games so it probably wouldn't be worth their while.

Also, does anybody know how much money clubs take from their away following?

Cheers for the comments on Reading away thread mate,nice someone agrees! I'l give this issue a go....

It's Something which was mentioned on here quite alot and contact with the club made about the idea 2 seasons ago when I myself gave up my st, then despite doing every away in League 1 could get no priority for the 09/10 season. Anyway the club wern't going to go along with it, still think it would be a a good thing to do but can fully understand why the club don't. Season ticket holders ultimately are the ones pumping hundreds of pounds each into the club every year whereas many who travel away are funding the opposition, East Midlands trains and the boozers around various grounds. For all their chorus of boo's and flasks the average home fan with a pie, programme and shirt should be rewarded more than people like you and me who just focus on the away games (It did take many months for me to grasp this, and if I ever miss out on tickets again, you can chuck what i've just said down the drain!)

For big aways who you know helps, and theres always spares knocking around plus this situation will only arise once or twice a season. Just about every game bar Forest and Derby when not on tv and the odd cup game will make general sale, helps that in this league allocations are big and many trips arn't that big on the daytrippers. League 1 was a big struggle for many even on priority 3's with the smaller allocations and I wouldn't fancy the battle of away tickets without an st if we get promoted.

Cheers for the comments on Reading away thread mate,nice someone agrees! I'l give this issue a go....

It's Something which was mentioned on here quite alot and contact with the club made about the idea 2 seasons ago when I myself gave up my st, then despite doing every away in League 1 could get no priority for the 09/10 season. Anyway the club wern't going to go along with it, still think it would be a a good thing to do but can fully understand why the club don't. Season ticket holders ultimately are the ones pumping hundreds of pounds each into the club every year whereas many who travel away are funding the opposition, East Midlands trains and the boozers around various grounds. For all their chorus of boo's and flasks the average home fan with a pie, programme and shirt should be rewarded more than people like you and me who just focus on the away games (It did take many months for me to grasp this, and if I ever miss out on tickets again, you can chuck what i've just said down the drain!)

For big aways who you know helps, and theres always spares knocking around plus this situation will only arise once or twice a season. Just about every game bar Forest and Derby when not on tv and the odd cup game will make general sale, helps that in this league allocations are big and many trips arn't that big on the daytrippers. League 1 was a big struggle for many even on priority 3's with the smaller allocations and I wouldn't fancy the battle of away tickets without an st if we get promoted.

Yeah I can see why the club wouldn't be willing and how the season tickets are the most important. Just that my record of attending home & away games over the years would pretty much count for nothing and makes it feel a bit of a waste (although it isn't because i've had some cracking times home and away) when I wanted tickets for important games.

Yeah I can see why the club wouldn't be willing and how the season tickets are the most important. Just that my record of attending home & away games over the years would pretty much count for nothing and makes it feel a bit of a waste (although it isn't because i've had some cracking times home and away) when I wanted tickets for important games.

It's a right bastard yes, like I say though you'll be fine in this league. The reason it was mentioned last time was largely due to the huge demand nd mush smaller allocations in the league 1 season, not been a massive problem for anyone since. Also, no away game will ever be a waste, keep all your stubs the memories will come flooding back in time :thumbup:

It's a right bastard yes, like I say though you'll be fine in this league. The reason it was mentioned last time was largely due to the huge demand nd mush smaller allocations in the league 1 season, not been a massive problem for anyone since. Also, no away game will ever be a waste, keep all your stubs the memories will come flooding back in time :thumbup:

Valid. Even the worst awayers are what you make of them and get turn into memorable experiences. E.g. Burnley away. 3-0 loss. Shite game. Shite town. Thoroughly depressing day. But I'll still remember the banter with the players at the cricket ground next door before the game and belting out The Specials with half my torso out the car driving down the Great Glen bypass after a few too many tins on the journey home.

Not sure where I stand on the issue of an Away ST. Current system is certainly flawed but any change is similarly fraught with problems. Lads that are streetwise enough will always find a way to get in to away games. If all else fails do what that Man City fan did at our place and run for yourlife out the home end after a goal. Don't think he ever got caught. lol

There already is an away season ticket as such. An automated system but you have to fill out a form extremely early into the season. It's a big commitment.

I agree with your opinion anyway. Always said there should be a band of priority for folk who prefer away games, even if this means paying a fee per season for admin costs.

as above, you can register for the away automated system, but they will take the money out of your bank automatically, if you are then unable to attend a game you have the trouble of returning ticket and awaiting refund.

However as noted, if we ever end up in L1 again, i would add my name to the list as allocations for places like cheletnham etc, became a real bind even on P1.

as above, you can register for the away automated system, but they will take the money out of your bank automatically, if you are then unable to attend a game you have the trouble of returning ticket and awaiting refund.

However as noted, if we ever end up in L1 again, i would add my name to the list as allocations for places like cheletnham etc, became a real bind even on P1.

That's not strictly true, you can make any changes you want to the pre-order form throughout the season, you just need to send an email to the TO.

Since there is some way of doing it that sort of answers your post but the club is well within their rights not to do one.

It might seem quite bad in terms of customer service but why would they? I imagine it's a load of hassle for no benefit.

That's not strictly true, you can make any changes you want to the pre-order form throughout the season, you just need to send an email to the TO.

I've been told as of this season ticket office will not accept e-mails as confirmation of any sort of changes or orders etc, to do with tickets as they are not secure and anyone can send an email claiming to be you.

I've been told as of this season ticket office will not accept e-mails as confirmation of any sort of changes or orders etc, to do with tickets as they are not secure and anyone can send an email claiming to be you.

Haven't heard anything about that, certainly hope it's not true anyway. My major gripe with that would be that the club have email addresses on their system, it's not difficult to cross-check.

Haven't heard anything about that, certainly hope it's not true anyway. My major gripe with that would be that the club have email addresses on their system, it's not difficult to cross-check.

I don't think that's the point.

An e-mail address could get hacked fairly easily compared to most stuff they'd be indentifying you with and then that opens a whole can of worms

Archived