Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1964FOX

New system, new way of priority scoring

Please forgive me if this has been disussed before and I have missed it.

I went to purchase my Cov and Rotherham tickets today and asked if I could have my priority card for this season. I was told there would be no priority cards this year but I would be shown as priority 1 for the season as I attended every away game last season.

The reason for the lack of issue of the priority card is the new 'all singing, all dancing' swipe card system which will record your away ticket purchases throughout the season. I have to say I thought we may lose the priority cards and I am a little concerned some purchases may not be recorded as has been mentioned in other threads.

What did surprise me is the introduction of a new 'points scoring' system for priority, apparantly you will score points for every away ticket you buy as follows

10 points for a Saturday match

15 points for a cup match

25 points for a midweek match

The amount of points to obtain the various priorities for NEXT season have not been decided as yet and the individual match points had not been finalised. She also did not know if a Sunday match would score different points to a Saturday match.

Interesting system, rewarding and encouraging us to follow our team at the mid eek away fixtures and potentially could stop some obtaining priority 2 status by picking close by saturday matches only. Will only know the full consequences of this system once the qualifying totalsare revealed.

Also there were hundreds of season tickets (credit cards) being placed into envelopes for posting out so expect them in the next few days.

So what happens if you want to buy tickets for a friend and you haven't got their swipe card how will they record that or will they be happy with the reference number.

I also hope they are more organised than they have been in the past because I've often bought tickets on behalf of family and friends and they've never recorded their details they've relied on retaining their ticket stubs and have even failed to record mine even though i'm there in person.

Where do they keep these records because according to my online account, part from the last 2 years ST I've never purchased a single ticket from them.

I have to say I share your concerns about accurate recording. I think they will still accept ref numbers for others as normal my mate bought several for him and friends this morning. I will be taking no risks and keep my ticket stubs.

This concerns me massively as well. Throughout last season I was a P1 Season Ticket Holder and then, for no apparant reason whatsoever, around March time they removed my P1 status.

I had to discuss it with the club for over an hour over the phone and only persuaded them of their error by producing my Priority card. They had even said, initially, that they wouldn't accept that.

There'll be tears before bedtime on this one. From my past dealings with them I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever that they are administratively reliable enough to manage the Priority system entirely by their own database.

Got someone to phone up on my behalf to get my tickets for Cov today and got informed I wasn't a priority 2, although I went to 8+ away games last season, I always believed that was priority 2 status. Anyway not knowing they accepted what the ticket office were saying.

Our ticket office is shite, can't get through on the phone then if and when you get through you speak to muppets.

Also the points system hasn't been decided yet so a) How many points do you know you will have and b) How do you know what points to aim for in terms of what Priority you want to be next season - I.e - I doubt i'll ever be Priority 1, I'd love to be but the simple fact is, I havn't got the money and although will listen to every game havn't got the time to get to every game. I like to be Priority 2 and always am that way I doubt it'll ever be sold out before Priority 2, but I think it could be by priority 3 if you know what I mean. So what are they doing just making it up as they go along?

I know I might get shot down for this but I have never really worried about the priority system and also have never had any problems getting away tickets, this includes local derbies and big cup games a la man city away, botlon and fulham in recent seasons

usually I just send a mate who lives closer to the ground than me and have never had an away ticket registered to my name

Please forgive me if this has been disussed before and I have missed it.

I went to purchase my Cov and Rotherham tickets today and asked if I could have my priority card for this season. I was told there would be no priority cards this year but I would be shown as priority 1 for the season as I attended every away game last season.

The reason for the lack of issue of the priority card is the new 'all singing, all dancing' swipe card system which will record your away ticket purchases throughout the season. I have to say I thought we may lose the priority cards and I am a little concerned some purchases may not be recorded as has been mentioned in other threads.

What did surprise me is the introduction of a new 'points scoring' system for priority, apparantly you will score points for every away ticket you buy as follows

10 points for a Saturday match

15 points for a cup match

25 points for a midweek match

The amount of points to obtain the various priorities for NEXT season have not been decided as yet and the individual match points had not been finalised. She also did not know if a Sunday match would score different points to a Saturday match.

Interesting system, rewarding and encouraging us to follow our team at the mid eek away fixtures and potentially could stop some obtaining priority 2 status by picking close by saturday matches only. Will only know the full consequences of this system once the qualifying totalsare revealed.

Also there were hundreds of season tickets (credit cards) being placed into envelopes for posting out so expect them in the next few days.

So if I was to purchase tickets for Rotherham would I get 40 points midweek and it's cup?

So if I was to purchase tickets for Rotherham would I get 40 points midweek and it's cup?

Would be nice but I believe just the higher mid week point total applies. Hopefully the exact details will be confirmed soon.

Archived