Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benji

Wimbledon

whos your bet to win it then?

if im honest i want to see henman do well, but wouldn't want to see him in the final.

Why? may sound weird, but i want to see a close final of top quality unfortunately i think against the likes of roddick or federer, henman is outside the quality range.

Looking forward to a prospect of federer v roddick in the final but today that french lad showed it is possible to break federer and if he's not on top form he isn't guarenteed a place, even though i see him personally as well ahead in quality than anyone else in the world.

i would see the chances as:

1: Federer

2: Roddick

3: Hewitt although im not a fan of him

henman is a top 10 world player, but is not a championship winner i'd rank him around 7-10th/ i would stick him on a level par as the likes of grosjean, who, if he plays his best could win wimbledon, but is the consistancy there?

sexist, i am not. In the female category i would rank davenport up there, her swering serve out wide will cause some real damage on grass. We all know sharapova for her being fit as hell but she works hard and i assume she will be there or there a bouts

So, tip to win..... Roddick for me and Sharapova

Federer seemed shacky today and players understand their need to just be consistant against him. I can see him just falling short but hope for a roddick / federer final

YAY for tennis, YAY for the son and YAY for strawberries and cream mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

125403[/snapback]

Don't think Henman will ever win Wimbledon now.

It's not just that he faces ever more youthful challengers.

Tim has at least given us a worthwhile interest at Wimbledon for years and he has had genuine chances to snatch a title being a genuinely outstanding tennis player.

But he is what he is and, by that, I mean that while a more ruthless, nasty, calculating individual might have employed a bit of gamesmanship, verbal intimidation you name it, Tim really is a genuine sportsman.

I was privileged to play for his father Tony in a squash team that he ran in the 70's out of Weston Manor hotel in Oxfordshire. Tony was utterly charming, excellent company but always understated (as he has shown while Tim has been in the spotlight) so it's hardly surprising his son is the same.

The squash team had Tony (a solicitor of some repute), a guy called Charles Swallow who by memory used to play tennis with Princess Diana and was a candidate for Head of Eton and a guy called Peter Wilson who taught at the famous Dragons School and was a squash international.

It was such awesome company and I, as a working class guy of absolutely no consequence, still, to this day, wonder why on earth Tony rang out of the blue and asked me to play but he did, I loved it, and they made me very, very welcome.

As I said, I don't think Tim will ever win Wimbledon but, because of that loose connection, I've always had special reason to root for him.

I can't see Henman ever winning Wimbledon now either but I also doubt Murray will. This is because he's Scottish and it is unlikely the same scenario will occur when the only other Scotsman - Angus Podgorny - won Wimbledon.

If on the off-chance the Earth is invaded again by blancmanges and they enter Wimbledon, do you think Murray would have the luck of Mr and Mrs Brainsample eating the blancmange he's playing against and then win against himself in the final 15 years later? I doubt it.

link

if im honest i want to see henman do well, but wouldn't want to see him in the final.

Why? may sound weird, but i want to see a close final of top quality unfortunately i think against the likes of roddick or federer, henman is outside the quality range.

Looking forward to a prospect of federer v roddick in the final but today that french lad showed it is possible to break federer and if he's not on top form he isn't guarenteed a place, even though i see him personally as well ahead in quality than anyone else in the world.

henman is a top 10 world player, but is not a championship winner i'd rank him around 7-10th/ i would stick him on a level par as the likes of grosjean, who, if he plays his best could win wimbledon, but is the consistancy there?

sexist, i am not. In the female category i would rank davenport up there, her swering serve out wide will cause some real damage on grass. We all know sharapova for her being fit as hell but she works hard and i assume she will be there or there a bouts

So, tip to win..... Federer for me and Sharapova

Federer seemed shacky today and players understand their need to just be consistant against him. I can see him just falling short but hope for a roddick / federer final

YAY for tennis, YAY for the son and YAY for strawberries and cream mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

125403[/snapback]

my tips aren't going bad

all four are in the semi finals lol

told ya to stick your bets on

by the way i put roddick and sharapova on my first post of the thread, but i meant to put federer as you will see i put the orders 1 2 and 3 above

Just remembered that im going next friday. Going with my sixth form college and weve got Court Num 1 tickets and i only paid £16 including trains! Not bad...i reckon we might see a Mens Semi and loads of doubles matches. Should be a good day out!

126679[/snapback]

I had tickets to the last Friday of Wimbledon about 3 years ago on court 1. Was the most boring day of my life watching shitty doubles veterans doubles matches didnt see no singles as they were all on centre court. Ended up watching the juniors playing on the outside courts as it was so much more exciting and sittin on henman hill/murray mount watching the other games.

125403[/snapback]

my tips aren't going bad

by the way i put roddick and sharapova on my first post of the thread, but i meant to put federer as you will see i put the orders 1 2 and 3 above

129694[/snapback]

It does take a master tipster to pick the top 3 seeds doesn't it :rolleyes:;)

125403[/snapback]

my tips aren't going bad

129694[/snapback]

It does take a master tipster to pick the top 3 seeds doesn't it :rolleyes:;)

130286[/snapback]

what like 2003 when 4th seed federer played unseeded Philippoussis (edit: in the final)

Im pleased to see Bhupathi and Pierce win the mixed doubles. Saw them play on Friday against Rochus and Clijsters and they totally outplayed them. They played well in the final and they had to play the Semis today aswell so i thought they did tremendously well!

to me this years wimbledon never really kicked intofull flow  :(

131557[/snapback]

yeh, the fact that no-one is even close to federer makes the men's tournament very boring and the fact that women's games are looking more and more like men's (excluding sharapova and hantuchova). most of them look like blokes so there is no point watching women's tennis anymore.

Archived