Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benji

Wimbledon

whos your bet to win it then?

if im honest i want to see henman do well, but wouldn't want to see him in the final.

Why? may sound weird, but i want to see a close final of top quality unfortunately i think against the likes of roddick or federer, henman is outside the quality range.

Looking forward to a prospect of federer v roddick in the final but today that french lad showed it is possible to break federer and if he's not on top form he isn't guarenteed a place, even though i see him personally as well ahead in quality than anyone else in the world.

i would see the chances as:

1: Federer

2: Roddick

3: Hewitt although im not a fan of him

henman is a top 10 world player, but is not a championship winner i'd rank him around 7-10th/ i would stick him on a level par as the likes of grosjean, who, if he plays his best could win wimbledon, but is the consistancy there?

sexist, i am not. In the female category i would rank davenport up there, her swering serve out wide will cause some real damage on grass. We all know sharapova for her being fit as hell but she works hard and i assume she will be there or there a bouts

So, tip to win..... Roddick for me and Sharapova

Federer seemed shacky today and players understand their need to just be consistant against him. I can see him just falling short but hope for a roddick / federer final

YAY for tennis, YAY for the son and YAY for strawberries and cream mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Henman

1st round: Unconvincing win against a nobody

2nd round: Scrapes though in a 5 set marathon

3rd round: Loses to to an unseeded player.

125430[/snapback]

Come on Chainsaw, lets try not to be too Optimistic for once :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've heard promising things about Murray, but today was the first time I've seen him play. I'm very impressed, and I can see him possibly making the second week of the tournament.

As for the whole tournament in the men's section, I don't think you can look past Federer - He has everything to his game and can adapt to different styles.

For the women's, it's less clear-cut. I don't think Sharapova can repeat last year's achievement - Serena Williams or Henin-Hardenne?

Looking forward to a prospect of federer v roddick in the final but today that french lad showed it is possible to break federer and if he's not on top form he isn't guarenteed a place, even though i see him personally as well ahead in quality than anyone else in the world.

125403[/snapback]

Which 'French lad' are you referring to? The young Spaniard Rafael Nadal? :rolleyes:

125418[/snapback]

erm no?

federer played against Paul-Henri Mathieu of France

so :rolleyes: to you :P

i await an apology to you attempting to make me lok as though i dont follow tennis <_< lol

I saw a fair bit of Federer's game yesterday and he wasn't as convincing as last year, but he will improve as he progresses and is still a force to be reckoned with. Roddick is the only player I feel that can come close to Federer, and I'm going for Roddick because I think for Federer to win it 3 years in a row is asking a bit too much.

I don't follow women's tennis as much but the usual suspects will be there or thereabouts - although I still feel one of the "power" women will win (probably Williams or Sharapova).

I think that Federer is most likely to win the mens. The people that win Wimbledon are the people whi seldom drop a set on their way to the final, which is why Henman doesn't stand a chance - the sooner 'Henmania' is over the better in my opinion. Then we get to focus on the good tennis.

I think that Sharapova has a good chance of wining the womens again this year. I think that there is little pressure on her this year after wining last year, which will be an advantage. I actually prefer the womens game on grass, as it is less about the powerful serve like in the mens game, and more about the skill. There are often more rallies, and to be honest, I also find a 5 set game a little difficult to sit through unless it is between two great players. Usually some one good at serving, but against some one great and returning.

125403[/snapback]

Which 'French lad' are you referring to? The young Spaniard Rafael Nadal? :rolleyes:

125418[/snapback]

erm no?

i await an apology to you attempting to make me lok as though i dont follow tennis <_< lol

125598[/snapback]

I apologise :unsure:

Thought you meant Nadal in the French Open when you said that ;)

I've heard promising things about Murray, but today was the first time I've seen him play. I'm very impressed, and I can see him possibly making the second week of the tournament.

As for the whole tournament in the men's section, I don't think you can look past Federer - He has everything to his game and can adapt to different styles.

For the women's, it's less clear-cut. I don't think Sharapova can repeat last year's achievement - Serena Williams or Henin-Hardenne?

125581[/snapback]

Well, that pissed on my prediction. ;)

125403[/snapback]

125418[/snapback]

erm no?

125598[/snapback]

125672[/snapback]

hehe only messing mate i knew you were thinking that he's the kid in the 3 quarter shorts isn't he? bit of a dark horse for the tourny definitely worth a bet if your one to flash around the cash

125403[/snapback]

125418[/snapback]

erm no?

125598[/snapback]

125672[/snapback]

hehe only messing mate i knew you were thinking that he's the kid in the 3 quarter shorts isn't he? bit of a dark horse for the tourny definitely worth a bet if your one to flash around the cash

125690[/snapback]

Nadal? A good outside bet for Wimbledon?... Hardly... I know he's just won the French Open, but he will suffer the same fate as all the other Spanish speaking gravel players... exit in the 3rd round.

125581[/snapback]

Well, that pissed on my prediction. ;)

125688[/snapback]

Haha glad you pointed that one out cos I would have done otherwise :P

It was a tight game between Serena and Haynes today - I thought Haynes might pull it off but Serena showed true championship winning qualities by sticking in there and playing some quality tennis when it mattered the most.

125403[/snapback]

125418[/snapback]

erm no?

125598[/snapback]

125672[/snapback]

125690[/snapback]

Nadal? A good outside bet for Wimbledon?... Hardly... I know he's just won the French Open, but he will suffer the same fate as all the other Spanish speaking gravel players... exit in the 3rd round.

125693[/snapback]

managed to walk through his game today, be it an unseeded american, henmans opponent was unseeded but manager to go through to 5 sets. Never know with tennis

as for acidroyals' comment yea he was flukey i think it was down to the other lads inexperience to finish the game, i was playing myself and missed the first 2 sets but heard he was losing and still said he would win. Think he would meet roddick in quarters if they both get that far or something like that, can not afford to go 2-0 then

Just remembered that im going next friday. Going with my sixth form college and weve got Court Num 1 tickets and i only paid £16 including trains! Not bad...i reckon we might see a Mens Semi and loads of doubles matches. Should be a good day out!

I saw federer on tv and hes just unstoppable, like a robot with unlimited battery life

125706[/snapback]

his last set today was fun :)

126395[/snapback]

He's looking hal;f sharp today, not the federer i'm use to thats for sure :D

Archived