Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Leeds away - warning

Right Unreachable, seeing as you're clearly determined to pretend to be too unintelligent to understand shades of grey.

I never advocated this game being boycotted irrespective of the circumstances. If this game meant something and the club stood to gain a play-off place from it, I would be annoyed with the pricing but my support for the club I have supported since the age of seven would trump everything. This is why I would be prepared, if far from happy, to pay £36 for a Championship game. For a vital, potential historic game only. I would be prepared to pay £60 or more for a play-off final for the same reason. I would hope that the great majority of fans would feel the same, in fact I would stake considerable money that they would.

The game on the 28th though is meaningless, a dead rubber. There is also the issue of fans being treated abysmally by the matchday stewards at Elland Road, an issue that is ongoing and Leeds United have absolutely failed to address. The facilities at Elland Road should have been left behind in the 1980s and the reason why the visiting fans have been moved from the yellow 'Cheese Wedge' area to the area we now occupy is because Bates realised no Leeds fans were stupid enough to buy tickets in the area we've been allocated. Now that to me sounds like pretty abysmal value on every level. Vaguely tolerable if attendance is an absolute must, completely beyond the pale if it isn't. This one clearly falls into the latter.

Now I'm sure this post is a waste of two minutes of my life as you're all but certain to feign rank stupidity and pretend you're only capable of seeing things in black and white, but the majority of people reading this post will be able to understand perfectly what I'm saying, yourself included.

Right Unreachable, seeing as you're clearly determined to pretend to be too unintelligent to understand shades of grey.

I never advocated this game being boycotted irrespective of the circumstances. If this game meant something and the club stood to gain a play-off place from it, I would be annoyed with the pricing but my support for the club I have supported since the age of seven would trump everything. This is why I would be prepared, if far from happy, to pay £36 for a Championship game. For a vital, potential historic game only. I would be prepared to pay £60 or more for a play-off final for the same reason. I would hope that the great majority of fans would feel the same, in fact I would stake considerable money that they would.

The game on the 28th though is meaningless, a dead rubber. There is also the issue of fans being treated abysmally by the matchday stewards at Elland Road, an issue that is ongoing and Leeds United have absolutely failed to address. The facilities at Elland Road should have been left behind in the 1980s and the reason why the visiting fans have been moved from the yellow 'Cheese Wedge' area to the area we now occupy is because Bates realised no Leeds fans were stupid enough to buy tickets in the area we've been allocated. Now that to me sounds like pretty abysmal value on every level. Vaguely tolerable if attendance is an absolute must, completely beyond the pale if it isn't. This one clearly falls into the latter.

Now I'm sure this post is a waste of two minutes of my life as you're all but certain to feign rank stupidity and pretend you're only capable of seeing things in black and white, but the majority of people reading this post will be able to understand perfectly what I'm saying, yourself included.

I understand what you're getting at but it still doesn't sit comfortably with some of your campaigning posts about what fans should and shouldn't put up with.

What gets my back up is your style of lumping all fans together in the "we all" statements such as

Bilo, on 15 April 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Hate to bang on about it but this is what's wrong with the mentality of the football supporter in this country. We bitch, moan and kick up a right stink about pricing but when the opportunity to hit one of football's greediest men where it hurts presents itself we all shy away behind the veneer of loyal support.

I don't want to be lumped in with everybody else - I and others have their own views. I couldn't care less about Ken Bates and how much money he may have - I'm only concerned about LCFC and if I want to support my club then I will do it in my own way.

I understand what you're getting at but it still doesn't sit comfortably with some of your campaigning posts about what fans should and shouldn't put up with.

I accept that some games will cost more than others. I wouldn't complain, for example, if an FA Cup quarter-final at the KP against Manchester United cost more than a third round tie against Cheltenham Town, even if it was in the same seat. It's about the importance and gravity of the game. You will find similar in rugby, cricket, athletics or any sport. The price rises with the stakes, I accept that. What I don't accept is being asked to submit to what seems a pretty arbitrary pricing policy because Ken Bates, and people like him, simply take for granted that football fans will pay the price. It's bizarre that some clubs choose to price their fixtures in this way, yet some manage perfectly well without the greed.

This includes Millwall where one would presume that the costs of policing and London related overheads far exceed anything in Leeds. The price there? £24, a full £12 cheaper than Leeds are demanding. That near enough pays for your train from Leicester to London if you book early enough. Leeds charge what they do out of greed not necessity or the gravity of the match, and that's why I support a boycott.

I accept that some games will cost more than others. I wouldn't complain, for example, if an FA Cup quarter-final at the KP against Manchester United cost more than a third round tie against Cheltenham Town, even if it was in the same seat. It's about the importance and gravity of the game. You will find similar in rugby, cricket, athletics or any sport. The price rises with the stakes, I accept that. What I don't accept is being asked to submit to what seems a pretty arbitrary pricing policy because Ken Bates, and people like him, simply take for granted that football fans will pay the price. It's bizarre that some clubs choose to price their fixtures in this way, yet some manage perfectly well without the greed.

This includes Millwall where one would presume that the costs of policing and London related overheads far exceed anything in Leeds. The price there? £24, a full £12 cheaper than Leeds are demanding. That near enough pays for your train from Leicester to London if you book early enough. Leeds charge what they do out of greed not necessity or the gravity of the match, and that's why I support a boycott.

I don't care about Leeds United's greed since as 1964Fox has said £36 is not much more than the £32 charged by West Ham United and other prices that away fans get charged. I would rather ignore Leeds United and their finances/owner and just concentrate on what I care about - my club.

Just tell me why fans didn't boycott West Ham United away.

Can we call a truce? I'm happy to play nicely if you are!

I don't care about Leeds United's greed since as 1964Fox has said £36 is not much more than the £32 charged by West Ham United and other prices that away fans get charged. I would rather ignore Leeds United and their finances/owner and just concentrate on what I care about - my club.

Just tell me why fans didn't boycott West Ham United away.

Can we call a truce? I'm happy to play nicely if you are!

I imagine most fans weren't upset about the West Ham game because they may not have been to Upton Park before or for a long time and that in itself represented value for money. Their owners don't tend to treat supporters like cattle either (just women).

I imagine most fans weren't upset about the West Ham game because they may not have been to Upton Park before or for a long time and that in itself represented value for money. Their owners don't tend to treat supporters like cattle either (just women).

Possibly but they don't stop you watching the match which is all that counts in my book.

I had a poor view at West Ham United stuck underneath the upper tier towards the back and couldn't see the ball when it was hoofed up into the air!

Archived